PDA

View Full Version : CNY 2016 - Year of Monkey

GrateNPowder
12-27-2015, 03:26 AM
It's almost the New Year, and every time after a New Year comes, there will ALWAYS be a Chinese (Lunar) New Year. This year's CNY will be on:
- 7 Feb (Eve)
- 8 Feb (Day 1) (Lunar calendar says this day is the New Year)
- 9 Feb (Day 2)
There is a 12 Chinese Zodiac list: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig.
It all starts with an animal race in China which decides the 12 Zodiacs.
This year (2015) is Goat year, and next year (2016) is Monkey Year. The previous Monkey Year is 2004, BucksDuckys was born at that year, so he's a Monkey. I'm a Dragon since I was born in 2000, and the recent Dragon Year is 2012.
So, do you celebrate CNY? If so, how do you prepare for this year's CNY?

Epicbrick
12-27-2015, 03:29 AM
It's almost the New Year, and every time after a New Year comes, there will ALWAYS be a Chinese (Lunar) New Year. This year's CNY will be on:
- 7 Feb (Eve)
- 8 Feb (Day 1) (Lunar calendar says this day is the New Year)
- 9 Feb (Day 2)
There is a 12 Chinese Zodiac list: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig.
It all starts with an animal race in China which decides the 12 Zodiacs.
This year (2015) is Goat year, and next year (2016) is Monkey Year. The previous Monkey Year is 2004, BucksDuckys was born at that year, so he's a Monkey. I'm a Dragon since I was born in 2000, and the recent Dragon Year is 2012.
So, do you celebrate CNY? If so, how do you prepare for this year's CNY?

Hey I'm a monkey!
Wait did I just tell my age?
Shoot.(Eh I'll just post it anyway)
I'm Chinese and I don't speak it, I don't even know much since I was born in America
CNY Is usually where I get money in red envelopes so I guess that's how I celebrate it.
Idk even know.

XDCorez
12-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Hey I'm a monkey!
I'm Chinese and I don't speak it, I don't even know much since I was born in America
CNY Is usually where I get money in red envelopes so I guess that's how I celebrate it.
Idk even know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is 10000% true

GrateNPowder
12-27-2015, 03:31 AM
Hey I'm a monkey!
Idk even know.

Ang-Pows, we Chinese get it every CNY.