PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Wanting To Be A Moderator?

I-Am-Legend
08-31-2013, 02:26 AM
I've seen people post stuff about wanting to be a moderator. Then there are a lot of posts that follow that saying "oh you lost your chance" and stuff like that. The thing I don't get is, why does that lower your chance? I mean, if someone wants to be something,they work for it. Like if someones wants to be a Police Officer, they would work toward that job. They are just asking, asking a simple question and yet, it ruins their chance at something that they wanted to be.( Comparing Moderators to Police Officers)

JesusSheep
09-01-2013, 04:26 AM
I've seen people post stuff about wanting to be a moderator. Then there are a lot of posts that follow that saying "oh you lost your chance" and stuff like that. The thing I don't get is, why does that lower your chance? I mean, if someone wants to be something,they work for it. Like if someones wants to be a Police Officer, they would work toward that job. They are just asking, asking a simple question and yet, it ruins their chance at something that they wanted to be.( Comparing Moderators to Police Officers)

Well, Hamumu/Seth said on the Growtopia website that they wouldn't want people who are like, "I want to be a mod!" because they want POWER. :sweatdrop:

Angrox
09-01-2013, 04:31 AM
As written on the www.growtopiagame.com/ , the ones who want to become a moderator and work just to be one , are the last ones who will be one.

The exact lines:

Moderators are awesome, most extra especially @Hamumu. Can I be a moderator? (Hahaa :D)
We would be happy to have more moderators, especially scattered across all the time zones. But to become one, what you need to do is get on the forums and start helping people out on there. When we see somebody who is really invested in the community and helping people all the time, and they don't break any rules themselves, and they are mature and friendly, that's when we pick them! And I said "on the forums" because that's where we can see it. We don't see much of what goes on in-game, since it's broken into hundreds of thousands of individual worlds. Unless you say something bad, because that's what we search for! Helping people out in game is great though, and if you do it enough, people will talk about THAT on the forum, and we will notice. But we'll notice you being helpful on the forum faster.

Don't work on that if you're just trying to be a moderator for the power - that's the last person we want as a moderator - but if that is your personality and your interest in Growtopia, it'll show, and we'll notice.

Also, don't ask us if you can be a moderator. That's the first sign for us that you are not a good choice as a moderator.

Metalwire
09-01-2013, 04:41 AM
YEah good point plus up you never know who to trust or not that's why these ods are trusted

Surge
09-01-2013, 05:11 AM
I agree with Angrox. For example: Someone wants to be a mod and they only say "D***" or some bad word and they lost their chance. I lost my chance, I think. :Sweatdrop: Lol. BTW in my opinion, the next moderator should be... ermm... maybe Player3D3. He is quite helpful and stuff.

Angrox
09-01-2013, 05:31 AM
I agree with Angrox. For example: Someone wants to be a mod and they only say "D***" or some bad word and they lost their chance. I lost my chance, I think. :Sweatdrop: Lol. BTW in my opinion, the next moderator should be... ermm... maybe Player3D3. He is quite helpful and stuff.

Even if you have swearen once or did something wrong , you are able to get moderator. :)

Shelf
09-01-2013, 05:41 AM
The people who say "I want to be a moderator" it's kinda obvious there just going to ruin our game :mad:

But Mike and Seth are looking for trustworthy, loyal and helpful players! I would say I help out a bit but not enough to become a moderator, so I will try harder but that doesn't mean I'm going to get the job it just means I'm doing a great thing :)

Surge
09-01-2013, 05:56 AM
All I do is try to make the game good for everyone, and I don't really aim to be a mod. If I dont become one, oh well, it doesn't mean to stop doing good. If I do, then I guess I would make a better impact on doing good. But like I said, I'm not ASKING to be one. Its fine if I'm not one.

:hat:-Surge

Argel
09-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Mods just have a greater rensponsibility than us. xD

DevinS
09-01-2013, 12:03 PM

I have swearen at the very begging I started with Growtopia. It was the most childish thing I have ever done in Growtopia. :) I didn't read the rules... After some days I looked at the rules and learned my lesson, to never swear in Growtopia. :)