PDA

View Full Version : School is so boring.

proman340
01-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Soo I'm in my new Secondary School now(13-16 years old), and it's only the 2nd day and I'm already not enjoying myself. Since my parents moved house, the Secondary School I'm in is further away from my friends in Primary School. It's so hard to make friends.

HELP PLS.

Magicalfishy
01-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Just be yourself, and don't be afraid to be yourself. You'll make friends in due time.

proman340
01-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Just be yourself, and don't be afraid to be yourself. You'll make friends in due time.

It's hard. I'm planning to survive the 4 years by just studying and such. But for group works... Idk.:cry:

SamKmc
01-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Yes this is true, be original is the best thing to do.. Being a copy cat is nothing special, be yourself everyone else is taken...

dorie2739
01-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Shy problems. :cry:

proman340
01-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Shy problems. :cry:

Yes. ;-; :cry:

TotallyExtra
01-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Me during first day of school :
Brought tons and tons of candy....
So this is how I make friends
"Hi! What ur name ?"
"(Insert name)"
Awkward silence..,,
" oh I see .... Have some candy!"
" tq "

Then me and her BFF

proman340
01-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Me during first day of school :
Brought tons and tons of candy....
So this is how I make friends
"Hi! What ur name ?"
"(Insert name)"
Awkward silence..,,
" oh I see .... Have some candy!"
" tq "

Then me and her BFF

I'm wayyyy too shy. And seriously, I don't even feel that the school is fun.

TotallyExtra
01-05-2016, 03:02 PM

It won't hurt .... Just say "hi! What ur name?" It's alway work no matter where I go lol

Indicative
01-05-2016, 03:04 PM

Add them on social media if you're shy talking to them face to face.

Edwardson97
01-05-2016, 03:05 PM
I only have four classes this semester and non of them I need except one to graduate. I feel your bordism.

TotallyExtra
01-05-2016, 03:06 PM

^^ that what I did too to know them better but don't stalk...

proman340
01-05-2016, 03:06 PM
It won't hurt .... Just say "hi! What ur name?" It's alway work no matter where I go lol
That's what they do to me. My response? /idk.

I don't even dare to ask them for their social media names/accounts. Although I heard someone said "give me your blazing electro wings" during recess. But too shy to approach them. Mehh :cry:

TotallyExtra
01-05-2016, 03:09 PM

I don't even dare to ask them for their social media names/accounts. Although I heard someone said "give me your blazing electro wings" during recess. But too shy to approach them. Mehh :cry:

They did that to you which is already a head start for you just reply them and talk about ur primary school blah blah blah or just find a damn topic to chat

Write on a note "may I know ur insta username?" If u don't dare to speak

And most importantly.... Be urself cos everyone else is taken. Don't let them change who you are

proman340
01-05-2016, 03:09 PM
I only have four classes this semester and non of them I need except one to graduate. I feel your bordism.

I have 7 subjects currently. From 4. Like I mean why don't they train us? For example,
Sec 1: 5 subjects
Sec 2: 6 subjects
Sec 3: 7 subjects
Sec 4: 7 subjects for national exam.

TotallyExtra
01-05-2016, 03:11 PM
I have 7 subjects currently. From 4. Like I mean why don't they train us? For example,
Sec 1: 5 subjects
Sec 2: 6 subjects
Sec 3: 7 subjects
Sec 4: 7 subjects for national exam.

Cause each subject have many topic ... If sec 3 then start learning other subject it will be more stressful

Hypnoid
01-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Soo I'm in my new Secondary School now(13-16 years old), and it's only the 2nd day and I'm already not enjoying myself. Since my parents moved house, the Secondary School I'm in is further away from my friends in Primary School. It's so hard to make friends.

HELP PLS.

You just need time. When I moved to another country, I didn't had friends like till end of year. My 1st year was so hard. Now its my 2nd year and im extremely happy.

Solarex
01-05-2016, 03:13 PM
I was a complete loner for the first month in secondary 1. Tried to make friends(I'm very shy and quiet) but it didn't went well. It will get better, you'll make friends for sure.

Give yourself time to adapt to the new school environment. I became much more confident and outspoken in secondary school. It may be boring at the beginning, that's what I thought as well. Now I miss it so much lol.

TotallyExtra
01-05-2016, 03:16 PM
The problem here is ur shy .... Try to make the first move b4 anyone else does or u will be a loner lol

Try to make urself as comfortable as possible... Don't let them think that u r not outgoing

proman340
01-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Cause each subject have many topic ... If sec 3 then start learning other subject it will be more stressful

Subject 1:English
Subject 2:Mathematics
Subject 3:Mother Tongue(Chinese)
Subject 4:Science(Biology,Chemistry,Physics)
Subject 5:Literature
Subject 6:History
Subject 7:Geography
Subject 8:Extras like FNN(Food and Nutrition;Cooking)
I thought I remembered 7 but I guess there is more.
EDIT: I remembered Design and Technology, Art, Music etc.

You just need time. When I moved to another country, I didn't had friends like till end of year. My 1st year was so hard. Now its my 2nd year and im extremely happy.
I have a camp and they said its grouped that I'm sleeping with RANDOM people. Not my class, but another whole group of people.:cry:

Hypnoid
01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Subject 1:English
Subject 2:Mathematics
Subject 3:Mother Tongue(Chinese)
Subject 4:Science(Biology,Chemistry,Physics)
Subject 5:Literature
Subject 6:History
Subject 7:Geography
Subject 8:Extras like FNN(Food and Nutrition;Cooking)
I thought I remembered 7 but I guess there is more.
EDIT: I remembered Design and Technology, Art, Music etc.

I have a camp and they said its grouped that I'm sleeping with RANDOM people. Not my class, but another whole group of people.:cry:

Try to go EVERY SINGLE school activites. Sure it will help you to get friends.

proman340
01-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Try to go EVERY SINGLE school activites. Sure it will help you to get friends.

The problem is I need to say stuff like my name and hobby which I find is very embarrassing.

And if someone in the group can't hear I need to repeat it louder. ==

Solarex
01-05-2016, 03:32 PM
The problem is I need to say stuff like my name and hobby which I find is very embarrassing.

And if someone in the group can't hear I need to repeat it louder. ==
You just have to go through that stage. I have a very weird name. Even if I say my name loudly, there's always people who don't get my name because it's not your typical everyday name.

dorie2739
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Meeeh. It'll be fun in the journey. You'll just need to find the right people.

ElectroDream
01-05-2016, 03:54 PM

*cough*

This worked really well. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Stop living in the past and make some new friends. Just greet them or at least start by greeting the person who sits with you (I heard that SG schools sit in pairs, CMIIW)

Group works do increase relationships. Just don't be an ******* and they'll treat you nicely.

dorie2739
01-05-2016, 03:59 PM
*cough*

This worked really well. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Stop living in the past and make some new friends. Just greet them or at least start by greeting the person who sits with you (I heard that SG schools sit in pairs, CMIIW)

Group works do increase relationships. Just don't be an ******* and they'll treat you nicely.

Lucky you, you don't have the 'shy genes' in you. Lol
You wouldn't know how it feel.

For me, When I plan on being confident, I can't execute. I just. I can't.
When I'm on the situation, the confidence that I stored goes somewhere deep, where only Adele can get to.

Lionex01
01-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Yeah i completely understand you bruh. It's just a phase, i was too afraid to ever say out my name, people always spell it/pronounce it incorrectly, so i'd only tell them half my name all the time. I barely had friends except the group i usually hung around with.

But now i ALWAYS say my full name,(even in GT lol where i barely know any of you guys irl) i figured there's no need to be embarrassed about yourself as a human, and i talk to a well lot more people. I still have room for improvement of course.

i just understood that i don't really care at all what others think, as long as i know what im doing isn't "ridiculous".

ElectroDream
01-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Lucky you, you don't have the 'shy genes' in you. Lol
You wouldn't know how it feel.

For me, When I plan on being confident, I can't execute. I just. I can't.
When I'm on the situation, the confidence that I stored goes somewhere deep, where only Adele can get to.

Lolno, before playing GT I was kinda shy too but you know, time made me realise that you can't corner there for 3-5 years, that's insane.

This is how I did it back then: Don't be a **** and during group works, impress your group. Say only what's needed and when time passes you'll at least be acquaintances with your group mates. Repeat.

proman340
01-05-2016, 04:31 PM
It's 12.31am now and I don't feel like going to school tomorrow. But it's orientation week.:cry:

ParkourDevil
01-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Trust me, you want to study hard for upcoming years

VincecraftTN
01-05-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say... I'm very shy...."ish". I recently swapped schools, and I was really shy. (Shh, but I cried on like the 3rd day.. I have no idea why, looking back. /fp) thing is, I found out NOBODY cared. Next day was new. I mean, really, telling someone your name isn't going to embarrass you.. Unless it's like shateekarigosaw (lol idk) actually, my IRL name is Vincent,which isn't actually that common. Nobody there knew it was a name. But, on top of that, I did play football and one of the kids was a cousin in my class. All you need to do whenever someone asks your name is say it. /idk isn't going to help, it just makes you look stupid for not knowing your name. (Btw if you heard someone say gimme ur blazing electro wings, I'd ask what's ur ign and shove my 7 Dls in thie face XD)(kindly of course) lol!

Metalwire
01-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Making friends is in fact hard you just have to make sure your getting enough attention to be notice academically wise but remember don't go with the first pick you have to be friends with someone you can relate to. When it comes to school to me it's boring as well but it will decide whether you are ready for college or not. Your succession in life should be your top priority because your attitude and decisions will affect the outcome of who you will become in the future so be prepared

proman340
01-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Going to school now. Really feel that my school sux. And wondering how to survive for 4 years.