PDA

View Full Version : somebody halp mi

Punch
01-06-2016, 08:55 AM
So there's this school newspaper project, I'm in one team with the dumbest kid in class, the most arrogant kid in class, the 3rd dumbest kid and class, and a guy who hates me and the project leader, the project leader is Mr. Arrogant. Not being arrogant but I'm the best at Language [indonesian], and what did they told me to do? PHOTOGRAPHER. The hater gets to become the EDITOR and the 3rd DUMBEST kid in class gets to be the vice editor. I am a PHOTOGRAPHER with the DUMBEST kid in class, I don't have a camera, and I'm terrible at taking photos. The worst part is the DUMBEST kid in class, possibly school, were considered being the editor, how bout' me? Oh yes, instantly placed in photographer position, yay! I am on fire right now, the photographer gets the smallest amount of points while the vice editor gets credit for 'not helping' the editor, because if he does help, he's just gonna get our team a big 0. Interviewer is good, but NOOOO, the hater also gets to be the reporter. I really wanna crush him in school but if I do that I'll just get overpowered easily, and brute force is the least logical way since I'm in catholic school [punishments, duh]. Should I move to another team? I really do feel like summoning both ZachCotton and Hakma to crush that peasant if possible right now.
Worse of all, the vice editor now hates me for saying that he doesn't deserve the job.

:mad: - My first mad emoticon lol, thanks for reading if you did, please give me a suggestion, I don't want to make him cry or steal his growtopia valuables [ik mr vice editor's stewpit password]. Someone help me ;-;

XDCorez
01-06-2016, 08:59 AM
>Get into a place where no one would hear you
>swear, scream and mock Mr. Arrogant
>???
>profit

Punch
01-06-2016, 09:00 AM
>Get into a place where no one would hear you
>swear, scream and mock Mr. Arrogant
>???
>profit

Tried it, won't fix anything since my score is going to be as low as the grand canyon if this isn't fixed.

XDCorez
01-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Tried it, won't fix anything since my score is going to be as low as the grand canyon if this isn't fixed.

Oh well, don't give up hehe

ianCSzz
01-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Tell that to your teacher. He might or might not help you, idk.

Punch
01-06-2016, 09:04 AM
Tell that to your teacher. He might or might not help you, idk.

Tried. teacher be like talk to your very incoperative friends with 0.001% chance of succeeding.

IShutter
01-06-2016, 09:26 AM
you sound like mr. arrogant to me

Chaldea
01-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Tried. teacher be like talk to your very incoperative friends with 0.001% chance of succeeding.

This has happened to me a lot of times before and what you can do is just roll with it. It's even better if you do your task and get a grade rather than getting a 0. If not, well, help them in any other way you can.

Punch
01-06-2016, 09:45 AM
This has happened to me a lot of times before and what you can do is just roll with it. It's even better if you do your task and get a grade rather than getting a 0. If not, well, help them in any other way you can.

Well, even if I fail I'll fail knowing that I did my best.

PolarisHD
01-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Just do your job. I actually think that being the Photographer is the easiest job. You just have to take pictures. However, getting the smallest points for being a Photographer is really BS. That grading system is messed up.

you sound like mr. arrogant to me

True. Calling people dumb and thinking lowly of them and :poop:.

mrthadawee
01-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Firstly. I may not know how much the whole "hard working ethic" is enforced where you live (Asia is known generally for their very regimented, purely academical schooling and work methods. An entirely different world from my boistrous, rough, wild and a pretty much anarchy type of upbringing) but perhaps it may be worth saying a word or two to the teacher about how you are finding it difficult to work with your peers. Personally I always hated working in groups in school, perhaps it's because I found it easier to work alone as long as there is plenty of banter in the class (we were always the class clowns but we did our work well enough). When one is forced to work in an enviroment that they find impossible to work with their pain in the arse peers. It doesn't "build character" at all. It just stresses everyone out and creates an entirely biased team where only the 'manager' calls the shots and bullies their peers around and takes the credit for all the hard work. Perhaps that's just the way of the world where you are. But personally I could never work with it.

Either that or use proper argumentetive skills to get your message across. This probably won't work if everyone is immature. Perhaps if everyone else is dumb you could outsmart them to get your way. Seeing as it appears that "Mr arrogent' is doing just that. You could fight fire with fire.
But if a fight breaks out because of that. I'm not responsible for broken limbs, bloody noses, damaged ego or school punishments afterwards. But I just wanted to point out that I got into tons of fights in school, most of them I was dragged into (and luckily won/got out unharmed). But it happens.

That said, I'm from a very old fashioned and rough country background, (rough in the sense that we never backed down and were uncontrollably boistrous. Nothing to do with "street gangs" or any degenerate stuff like that)

I believe the means of persuasion will work best in the situation you're in. Try to convince your peers that you will do better in another role. If Mr. Arrogent gets funny with you. Keep your cool but don't submit to his authority. Shake things up if you can. But do not be afraid to stand up for yourself.