PDA

View Full Version : FANTASIES : Simplicity of the mind | Local forum debate! (more like discussion ayy)

Hans
01-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Previous debates:
• REALISM & IDEALISM (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?288436-REALISM-amp-IDEALISM-A-personal-yet-general-topic-Local-forum-debate!)

• MORALITY (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?285526-MORALITY-A-controversial-topic-Local-forum-debate!)

Sadly, these threads are closed. Apparently, you may only read these threads and if you want to suggest anything pertaining the prior debate, you will have to wait for a similar and relevant topic.

Cutting to the chase, I am deeply sorry I have not made any debates as I had school projects going on and I was in a huge pinch. But now, I have the lonely and quiet time to think of something. Yet, here we are again! Starting another stupid debate! Please be reminded that the stereotypical rtsoft "drama" is different to debates and discussions. I do not want 10 year-old kids saying "OHHHH SAVAGE", "REKT REKT MLG PRO OMG FAZE" or "OHHHH BURNNNNNNNNN GET OUT U GOT BURNNNNZXASDASDWDASDSAD". That behavior is intolerable.

Placing everything aside, these instances are most likely not going to happen whatsoever because:
1. For the past few months, I have not seen anything like this.
2. This is not any typical debate where you just shout out random words that comes out from the top of your mind.
3. This time, this topic is more likely to turn in to a normal discussion rather than debating about thoughts.
4. wow i like saying "this".

Before we enter the debate, what are the so-called "fantasies" I am pointing out? Nothing more than impossible thoughts; visions. Most likely dreams. Your fantasies, what you want to become, what superpowers you want, the creativity that runs throughout your head! And most likely, for male-teenagers, perverted fantasies. Many are no exceptions to this. In real-life, I have asked many people pertaining these kind of events, typical answers would be "yes, I have fantasized about having powers, being successful, getting everything I have ever wanted!" These kind of answers were also stated by adults. But by this statement I have said, what am I implying?

What are fantasies for you? You may say that "it is being true to my desires and expressing my thoughts mentally". Yes, I cannot disagree with that, but it is a bit abstract - a vague concept because of pride. It may start with self-denial, so that in your mind, you create your own "fictional-character" to fit your desires of envisioning yourself. It may be creating your own settings to adjust to your daily lifestyle, obviously exclaiming that "you're tired of your daily life that is why you want to change", because simply you cannot accept yourself in the world you live in; self-denial. However, these emotions prove that you crave for self-affirmation. You wish for someone to accept you, just as strongly as you wish to be someone else for you cannot accept yourself, is it not true? This paradox of self-denial and self-affirmation is the root for fantasies and your strong desires to become someone else, yet to be accepted by another being for who you truly are. Thus, you create yourself.

With all of these said, do you agree that fantasies are feeble and weak because someone cannot accept themselves for who they are, or fantasies are just another way to finding who you really are by daily meditation; finding a vision of yourself in another setting just to envision yourself being like that too.

Well, as usual, sub-topics that are included:

• Citing your own experience in this topic.
• Pertain to my elaboration of fantasies and debate if you do not agree or agree with the statement.
• As said, if fantasies are feeble or just a confirmation.
• If fantasies can break someone for who they really are because of who they pretend to be.
• What you think causes fantasies. ex: jealousy, inspiration, etc.
• If fantasies are right or wrong, healthy or unhealthy. If either, cite an instance and elaborate.

'kayyyyyy.

Areodax
01-09-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty sure many sane and not-as mentally ill people remember Rayquaza, Magnezone, Patrikov and the whole Crusaders. Yep, they're all just a fabrication of the mind, but the only thing strange about it is that I grew attached to them, even though they're not real and never will be. The reason of bringing these characters of mine into real life and the internet? I never had that much friends to begin with, and I, like many kids, tried to be a superhero. Saving the world with whatever skill they wanted to have. It was in my teenage years that my fantasies became much more vast. New characters created from the horizon, what my desired powers are and what kind of person I am. I stuck myself to being who I am today, simply because it's me. Why bother putting on a fake personality in the fantasy world? You can never really learn who you really are if you stick with that.

Fantasies are just that, fictional works in your subconscious mind. Personally, its okay to have your (you) time. Though it can come at a hefty price: isolation.

Fantasies are well...like water. Having a lot less or a lot more is bad.

Hans
01-09-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty sure many sane and not-as mentally ill people remember Rayquaza, Magnezone, Patrikov and the whole Crusaders. Yep, they're all just a fabrication of the mind, but the only thing strange about it is that I grew attached to them, even though they're not real and never will be. The reason of bringing these characters of mine into real life and the internet? I never had that much friends to begin with, and I, like many kids, tried to be a superhero. Saving the world with whatever skill they wanted to have. It was in my teenage years that my fantasies became much more vast. New characters created from the horizon, what my desired powers are and what kind of person I am. I stuck myself to being who I am today, simply because it's me. Why bother putting on a fake personality in the fantasy world? You can never really learn who you really are if you stick with that.

Fantasies are just that, fictional works in your subconscious mind. Personally, its okay to have your (you) time. Though it can come at a hefty price: isolation.

Fantasies are well...like water. Having a lot less or a lot more is bad.

I remember the Crusaders haha xD

That being said it justifies fantasies' properties as a "mere fabrication" of expression rather than the whole concept of idealism itself, no? That's what I picked up what you were trying to say.

JOSHIE63
01-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Personally, I do not catch myself fantisizing too frequently. An important question would be: what does cause fantasies? I am not compelled to answer, but I am give my insight at least into what may provoke the mind to conjure them.

The mindscape seems to heavily rely on strong, emotive experiences to be able to explain something. I believe this to be true of such visions. I do not believe they are caused by insecurity — but they could be — but rather any emotion that would trigger a deep thought. Perhaps the workings of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a paragon of aforementioned trigger. If one is not educated about PTSD, it is basically galvanized after a very traumatic event transpired, such as returning from war or nearly dying. They way it typically works is that the scene of the traumatic event reoccurs frequently, causing anxiety, depression, and whatnot. This, in my opinion, could be applied to the indefinite concept of fantasies. Envy may cause a fantasy just as much as a traumatic event may trigger the memory.

I digress yet again. I honestly need to be more stringent in the discourse I present. I feel like whenever I present something, I venture completely off-topic.

Areodax
01-09-2016, 04:21 PM
I remember the Crusaders haha xD

That being said it justifies fantasies' properties as a "mere fabrication" of expression rather than the whole concept of idealism itself, no? That's what I picked up what you were trying to say.

I'm not a fan of big words. But yes.

Hans
01-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Personally, I do not catch myself fantisizing too frequently. An important question would be: what does cause fantasies? I am not compelled to answer, but I am give my insight at least into what may provoke the mind to conjure them.

The mindscape seems to heavily rely on strong, emotive experiences to be able to explain something. I believe this to be true of such visions. I do not believe they are caused by insecurity — but they could be — but rather any emotion that would trigger a deep thought. Perhaps the workings of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a paragon of aforementioned trigger. If one is not educated about PTSD, it is basically galvanized after a very traumatic event transpired, such as returning from war or nearly dying. They way it typically works is that the scene of the traumatic event reoccurs frequently, causing anxiety, depression, and whatnot. This, in my opinion, could be applied to the indefinite concept of fantasies. Envy may cause a fantasy just as much as a traumatic event may trigger the memory.

I digress yet again. I honestly need to be more stringent in the discourse I present. I feel like whenever I present something, I venture completely off-topic.

Fantasies are caused by a variety of events. As aforementioned, envy may cause fantasies to occur as exclaiming to one's fictional setting in the mind that "I am good at this, that and everything" because someone you know is good at the pertained subjects. Therefore, as a conclusion, the said person will fantasize possessing the latter of the skills in a fixed setting which are "fantasies". Though, even if fantasies are caused by different kinds of experiences, all share the same core therefore, they all also have seemingly relevant results only indifferent to each other.

Hans
01-10-2016, 01:41 PM
ayyy bump.

Hans
01-11-2016, 02:32 PM
rise my friend

Hans
01-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Fantasies or vissions of things might seem out of reach and for weak people but Elon Musk the co founder of paypal and CEO of Tesla motors founded SpaceX in 2002 without knowing anything about space flight and aerodynamics. His vision was to make a rocket that was 'cheap' (compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars 'normal' rockets costed (the launch of the apollo mission costed over 3 billion dollars)). So what Elon Musk did was he read a lot of books and hired rocket scientists and would ask scientists questions until he understood the subject. Spacex also landed a rocket in first stage back to earth on their launchpad. This means that you only need to refuel the rocket which only costs 20 thousands dollars (instead of milions to launch it) this could revolutionize spaceflight.

So in terms with that, are you saying that I could fantasize of eating Pluto as a whole — and if not achieved, you suggest, that I am weak?

Hans
01-11-2016, 05:00 PM
No that is not what my context suggested, it proposed a challenging yet very realistic idea yet you want to eat Pluto for some reason which is totally unrealistic.

And I didn't say that if your goal hasnt been achieved you're weak. You should know how to differentiate a realistic and a far fetched goal...

Haha, I got your point. I was being sarcastic. Like who the hell would ever want to eat Pluto?

JOSHIE63
01-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Fantasies are caused by a variety of events. As aforementioned, envy may cause fantasies to occur as exclaiming to one's fictional setting in the mind that "I am good at this, that and everything" because someone you know is good at the pertained subjects. Therefore, as a conclusion, the said person will fantasize possessing the latter of the skills in a fixed setting which are "fantasies". Though, even if fantasies are caused by different kinds of experiences, all share the same core therefore, they all also have seemingly relevant results only indifferent to each other.

Now this is where fantasies become a subdivision of the subconscious efforts. I care not to digress even further, but my personal paradigm is that fantasies do not necessarily need a consistent trigger, but rather one emotive recurrence or conundrum that requires a deeper though process to decrypt the meaning. So yes, I agree: the same situation has a common trigger but parallel outcomes.

Fantasies or vissions of things might seem out of reach and for weak people but Elon Musk the co founder of paypal and CEO of Tesla motors founded SpaceX in 2002 without knowing anything about space flight and aerodynamics. His vision was to make a rocket that was 'cheap' (compared to the hundreds of millions of dollars 'normal' rockets costed (the launch of the apollo mission costed over 3 billion dollars)). So what Elon Musk did was he read a lot of books and hired rocket scientists and would ask scientists questions until he understood the subject. Spacex also landed a rocket in first stage back to earth on their launchpad. This means that you only need to refuel the rocket which only costs 20 thousands dollars (instead of milions to launch it) this could revolutionize spaceflight.

I am not really seeing the point of this anecdote, sorry.

|ThyLuigi|
01-16-2016, 12:22 AM
I rarely have fantasies that go outside of reaching short term goals or idealistic needs, but I feel people expect things to simply happen without any idea of how it could feasibly happen. There is the rare example of someone actually making something of themselves, such as the founders of successful businesses, although unrealistic fantasies end in utter disappointment. That disappointment can cause productivity to stiffen, which can easily be considered a negative result.