PDA

View Full Version : Braces

Aunos
01-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Cri. Should I get braces??

My teeth are actually not bad, it's always clean and I hardly get cavities. But now I have to brace. It's not like if I don't brace, I would have like serious health problems in the future, but some of my teeth would be moved around abit. My teeth are starting to shift and move these days that's why it's hurting and I'm having a hard time cause of it. Plus my teeth arrangement might get affected too after I extract 4 teeths. (Dunno when but I have too. My jaw is kinda small and I have to remove 4 from the back.)

Should I brace?

I really don't want cause it's annoying as hell, plus I have to take EVEN more extra care cause of it and after the 2 year brace, I have to wear retainers for the rest of my life.

ElectroDream
01-10-2016, 10:34 AM
I barely ever take care of my braces, I just brush my teeth after meal (or gargle some water if you're not home) and that's it. It doesn't even hurt...

Just wear it, you're lucky enough that your mom and/or dad can afford those for you. It may affect your life later in adulthood and once you regret, it's probably not too late but wearing braces when you're an adult takes way longer.

Gurregris
01-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Yeah braces are totally worth it. I had mine put in about a year ago. They don't even hurt.

ZeroRarity
01-10-2016, 10:40 AM
you should definitely go for it if you want to maintain or even improve your teeth. It will hurt for the first 2 weeks (Don't listen to them! It actually hurts!), but yeah, after the initial week/s you won't feel any pain at all.

Got mine removed last year. I'm advised to wear retainers now.

Aunos
01-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Can you guys still eat any type of food? Or are there some food that you can't eat if your having brace?

Gurregris
01-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Can you guys still eat any type of food? Or are there some food that you can't eat if your having brace?

Eh well I have not changed my eating habits at all. A lot of food gets stuck in the braces, though, but thats inevitable. Just buy a small toothbrush and the food can be easily removed.

Aunos
01-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Eh well I have not changed my eating habits at all. A lot of food gets stuck in the braces, though, but thats inevitable. Just buy a small toothbrush and the food can be easily removed.

What about nuts? My mom told me you can't eat the food that are hard.

ElectroDream
01-10-2016, 10:51 AM

I'm using braces and I've eaten stuff like pork, snake meat, goat meat, steak (50% cooked so it's quite mmmm), duck (chewy), nuts, durian, ice cubes, etc.

If you're a fan of gum candy then... Well, it's just not recommended. :sweatdrop:

- - - Updated - - -

It just gets stuck in your teeth, not that you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Gargling water is way easier and effective.

Aunos
01-10-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm using braces and I've eaten stuff like pork, snake meat, goat meat, steak (50% cooked so it's quite mmmm), duck (chewy), nuts, durian, ice cubes, etc.

If you're a fan of gum candy then... Well, it's just not recommended. :sweatdrop:

I don't eat candy so I guess Ill be fine...

Ugh I feel like I overthink too much about everything.

ZeroRarity
01-10-2016, 10:53 AM

It's not that you're not allowed to, but it is quite troublesome since there's a high chance your bracket/brackets can get dettached.