PDA

View Full Version : The Meaning of Life

minha1234
09-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Have you ever took the meaning of life into consideration? What our purpose is, and the reason the world - and us along with it - is here?

Strange, I've never thought about it very deeply.

But I think that because everyone has different perspectives, needs, and experiences, there will be no answer that will satisfy everyone & everything.

What, is life? Is it merely a time we have to endure, to get to the end? And what is the end? (Well, that depends on religious beliefs, so I won't go too far to get that question answered.)

If you try to find out who you really are, and why you are here, you may find your purpose. And perhaps, with that, the meaning of life.

I decided that nothing has much meaning, besides the particular meaning we give it.

So what is the meaning of life, to you? Is it to realize your potential, your powers and abilities? To achieve your goal? To seek wisdom and intelligence? To love, enjoy it? Something as simple as the number 42?

I was a bit curious of your thoughts on life, aha. I apologize if the post was kind of complicated.

SlaSHadow
09-03-2013, 06:37 AM
Eh. I'd like to think that it would be to add as much as you can in the world. Not necessarily "Good", but beneficial in the long run.

To learn, to create and to love. But then, what would be the purpose of all the animals? Ants are alive, but they are mindless drones meant to serve their leader and die.

So, it really depends on both who or what you are.

I'd like to think that, but with how short humanity has existed and how much it's beginning to seem we won't be here much longer, it is the cliche "live life to it's fullest.

Or to pass on our genes and then die. But, if we all die, what is the point of that?

The point of life is to make something out of yourself, or to create new and amazing things. Because we will all die someday, and we should leave something behind. A legacy, and a memory.

That is one man's definition of the meaning of life.

IAmABrodie
09-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Meh, I think about this all the time... I've come to accept certain facts about our meaning of life.
But, our meaning of a race, humans, is to evolve and extend our knowledge ten fold. Our meaning is to become better.

Rawrzi
09-03-2013, 07:35 AM
That philosophical question hasn't have a true answer.
you see, people have different views in life.
That's why, before there are different philosophical groups.
Aristotle made that into a question. but it has no definite answer.

My philosophical view is from Stoics. which is:
"The supreme aim of life is ataraxia" (Ataraxia= body/mind free from trouble)
It's the happiness is what all of us aiming for. That's why, people get too attached to material things we forget that we have simple yet beautiful things around us.
This discussion is really interesting.

I hope more people can think thought like you minha

Magicalfishy
09-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I only have one word, on which I stand.
Bible :o

(It's also the source of my gratitude and kindness towards others.)

Cocomonkey
09-03-2013, 12:11 PM
The meaning of life and why we have life is because us humans would be bored if there was no universe no life no anything just black space...actually not even black space just nothing..simply nothing!:prophet:

Flame_Rex
09-03-2013, 01:10 PM
What is the meaning of life?
Well, it has many meanings if you look at it from different angles.
For me, the meaning of life is to live to the fullest, enjoy, love.
Because, who knows what will happen when we die?
We could reborn into and animal, become an angel, reborn as an alien maybe over a a hundred billion miles away.
All we can do now is to cherish our times together and hope for the best.

Boomer
09-03-2013, 02:49 PM
This movie says it all (note: mature audiences only): https://d2nh4f9cbhlobh.cloudfront.net/_uploads/galleries/30771/monty_python_logo.jpg

iNo
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
The meaning of life is... GROWTOPIA!

lukj2001
09-03-2013, 03:04 PM
I only have one word, on which I stand.
Bible :o

(It's also the source of my gratitude and kindness towards others.)

True :D But this is a religious issue...forumers, please respect the difference in religion.

Friboy8
09-03-2013, 05:07 PM
It could be to find out what the meaning of life is ?

SlaSHadow
09-03-2013, 06:06 PM
It could be to find out what the meaning of life is ?

That's a paradox .-.

TheDarkWolf
09-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't understand what you guys are talking about, my cousins always said that life has no meaning. And well, I'm not that person to think about it.

Edvoid20
09-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Life didn't just randomly pick us, it picked us to make a change to the world.

The meaning of life is simply, really. Life is the way you make it, like its your own life, you choose it, to whatever you want it to be.

Surge
09-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Have you ever took the meaning of life into consideration? What our purpose is, and the reason the world - and us along with it - is here?

But I think that because everyone has different perspectives, needs, and experiences, there will be no answer that will satisfy everyone & everything.

What, is life? Is it merely a time we have to endure, to get to the end? And what is the end? (Well, that depends on religious beliefs, so I won't go too far to get that question answered.)

If you try to find out who you really are, and why you are here, you may find your purpose. And perhaps, with that, the meaning of life.

I decided that nothing has much meaning, besides the particular meaning we give it.

So what is the meaning of life, to you? Is it to realize your potential, your powers and abilities? To achieve your goal? To seek wisdom and intelligence? To love, enjoy it? Something as simple as the number 42?

I was a bit curious of your thoughts on life, aha. I apologize if the post was kind of complicated. Awww geez. These threads make my brain hurt... :C

KillerXD
09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Life is like a sandbox, that's what I believe. After all, you can do anything (except commit crimes)

dontshoot
09-05-2013, 05:06 AM
If you believe everything is a coincidence, e.g. human exist because its just a random luck, then life has no meaning. you can do whatever you want

If you believe someone created this life, e.g. earth is on a distance that it doesn't freeze/ doesn't get hot, the right distance for us to live in. designed every living being, with its marvellous functioning organs etc. Then your life has a meaning. So at the end the topic is about faith.

EMC
09-14-2013, 04:43 PM

I was a bit curious of your thoughts on life, aha. I apologize if the post was kind of complicated.

I Have No Life... Growtopia..

RevJustice
09-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Meaning of life?

EMC
09-14-2013, 08:16 PM

I Have No Life... GROWTOPIA

Azurite
09-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I just remembered that when I was like 5-6 years old I thought of the world just black planets just spinning around the universe Earth has no humans..... Ahhhhh MEMORIES

Triton
09-21-2013, 09:38 AM
The meaning of life is a philosophical question concerning the significance of life or existence in general. It can also be expressed in different forms, such as "Why are we here?", "What is life all about?", and "What is the purpose of existence?" It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history. There have been a large number of proposed answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds.
The meaning of life is in the philosophical and religious conceptions of existence, social ties, consciousness, and happiness, and borders on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, the existence of one or multiple Gods, conceptions of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions focus primarily on describing related empirical facts about the universe, exploring the context and parameters concerning the 'how' of life. Science also studies and can provide recommendations for the pursuit of well-being and a related conception of morality. An alternative, humanistic approach poses the question "What is the meaning of my life?" The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may coincide with the achievement of ultimate reality, or a feeling of oneness, or even a feeling of sacredness.:prophet: