PDA

View Full Version : Terraria Chat

GummiBear64
09-04-2013, 08:38 AM
This thread is to speak about anything Terraria Related.

Let me start, I was exploring a cave and found these, I used them with all my tools and nothing happened UNTIL I used my hammer, when I used my hammer they spat something at me! I am new to Terraria and was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are and what they do.12945

Rabidpotato
09-04-2013, 09:26 AM
It's called a demon altar, it's used to craft boss items and more.
Check the wiki for extra info: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Demon_Altar

GummiBear64
09-04-2013, 09:57 AM
It's called a demon altar, it's used to craft boss items and more.
Check the wiki for extra info: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Demon_Altar

Thanks, it helped A LOT! I found three demon altars next to eachother :eek: pure luck or always happens?

GummiBear64
09-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Guys I am not bumping/spamming I am just asking people for help so don't go skitz at me

Does anyone know what ore this is? 12947

Chudy
09-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Guys I am not bumping/spamming I am just asking people for help so don't go skitz at me

Does anyone know what ore this is? 12947

It's Amethyst :) You can use this to make Phaseblade or Purple torches!

Rabidpotato
09-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks, it helped A LOT! I found three demon altars next to eachother :eek: pure luck or always happens?

It's because you are looking in currupted caves. Once ya beat the wall of flesh and get a certain hammer you can break it for special ores to spawn.

GummiBear64
09-04-2013, 09:46 PM
It's Amethyst :) You can use this to make Phaseblade or Purple torches!

It's because you are looking in currupted caves. Once ya beat the wall of flesh and get a certain hammer you can break it for special ores to spawn.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

Rabidpotato wouldn't you leave it there since it can create stuff ONLY demon altars can create?

Derpyderp
09-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Using demon altars crafts all the bosses.
ALL the bosses.
*except wall of flesh for that you need to kill a demon and drop the guide voodoo doll into the lava, killing the guide, and spawning the wall o flesh.*

optimuswhat
09-04-2013, 10:11 PM
I see you're playing the iOS version... (Note the hearts)
If you ever find Goldfish statues, then KEEP THEM AT ALL COSTS. You can make a money making machine with it. Super handy.

Once you get a musket, and a money making machine, go fight the Old Man at the Dungeon. Shoot the hands, and then the head. You don't need a specific armour, but I suggest full iron.

You can also use Amethyst to make Jungle armour.

Rabidpotato
09-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Just asking. Should I buy it? Is it a good port?

optimuswhat
09-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Just asking. Should I buy it? Is it a good port?

Yes. Only minor bugs that won't affect gameplay majorly. Bugs such as;
-Piggy banks not opening
-Doors randomly close and flicker, and don't open for you when you get close.
-Crashes

Only a few minor bugs, they won't break the game, but I highly suggest Quitting the game every so often.

READ THE DESCRIPTION IF YOU'RE BUYING IT!!!!

Oh, and the game is actually the latest version (not 1.2.0 at the moment...), and is balanced so that it's easier for iOS users.
There's exclusive items, too. An exclusive boss exists, too.

Rabidpotato
09-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Let me go check it out!

GummiBear64
09-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Reminder: Anyone is allowed to chat on this about terraria

GummiBear64
09-08-2013, 11:07 AM
I finally killed eye of Cthulhu :D, I am stuck on skeletron and I CAN'T make depth meter...HELP!

GummiBear64
09-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I have killed Skeletron, killed Eye of Cthulu two times, rescued the mechanic and goblin tinkerer! I feel like i have accomplished something :D

GummiBear64
09-10-2013, 07:34 AM
I really want to spawn King Slime OR Wall of Flesh OR Eater of worlds BUT im not sure which is easier...

Rabidpotato
09-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I have killed eye of cthulu 7 times, skeleton 3 times, and the wall of flesh three times. But there is a bug with the WOF. It hasn't dropped the pwn hammer which is a 100% drop... Maybe the game isn't finished yet?

Neokje1
09-10-2013, 07:56 PM
13475I just love the phase blade U CAN SHOOT STARS
And I killed cattle like 30 times and skeleton like 10 lolz... Just use a Phoenix blast and skeletron is dead in 15 seconds ;) no armor just the gun.

~neokje1

cocoufo
09-10-2013, 07:56 PM
I really want to spawn King Slime OR Wall of Flesh OR Eater of worlds BUT im not sure which is easier...

King slime is the easyist boss in the game, eater of worlds is quite hard. WOF is a hardcore boss once you kill him you basiclly enter hell make sure you get lots of hell stone stuff before fighting him because you need it

Neokje1
09-10-2013, 07:59 PM

For wall of flesh u need to go to the nether, kill voodoo demon, than use the demon.
For eater of the world u need to make worm food or smash 3 shadow orbs ;)
Hope this helps :D

~neokje1

- - - Updated - - -

I see you're playing the iOS version... (Note the hearts)
If you ever find Goldfish statues, then KEEP THEM AT ALL COSTS. You can make a money making machine with it. Super handy.

Once you get a musket, and a money making machine, go fight the Old Man at the Dungeon. Shoot the hands, and then the head. You don't need a specific armour, but I suggest full iron.

You can also use Amethyst to make Jungle armour.

Statues you say?13476
Btw u need to find a dragon armor, IT'S SO POWERFULL! I found the helmet and I am overpowered!
And if you need coins, sell the stuff that comes out catulu, DONT MAKE BARS the valua will stay the same but you can sell less.

~neokje1

cocoufo
09-10-2013, 08:03 PM
For wall of flesh u need to go to the nether, kill voodoo demon, than use the demon.
For eater of the world u need to make worm food or smash 3 shadow orbs ;)
Hope this helps :D

~neokje1

- - - Updated - - -

Statues you say?13476
Btw u need to find a dragon armor, IT'S SO POWERFULL! I found the helmet and I am overpowered!
And if you need coins, sell the stuff that comes out catulu, DONT MAKE BARS the valua will stay the same but you can sell less.

~neokje1

Dragon amour is the best amour in the game it is not on pc at the momment the fact you found one in a chest is really lucky they are super rare.... I mean it you got to kill all the hard mode bosses and the hardiest one! Good luck getting full set:D I got it on xbox I got everything in the game you need anything about it pm me

Rabidpotato
09-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Darn... The ios doesn't have hard mode. It's sorta boring now :/.

cocoufo
09-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Darn... The ios doesn't have hard mode. It's sorta boring now :/.

Wow that sucks man half of the fun it on hard mode all the cool gear you get on it

Rabidpotato
09-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Wow that sucks man half of the fun it on hard mode all the cool gear you get on it

I know. No wyvern, angel wings, new ores. Guess ill just play on xbox since my pc is slow :/

optimuswhat
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM
13475I just love the phase blade U CAN SHOOT STARS
And I killed cattle like 30 times and skeleton like 10 lolz... Just use a Phoenix blast and skeletron is dead in 15 seconds ;) no armor just the gun.

~neokje1

Star Saber!!! Or Starblade!

Rabidpotato
09-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I got two ultra rare guns from the wall of flesh. One that does 27 magic damage, and another that is a three round burst that only use one bullet from the burst.

GummiBear64
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I haven't played Terraria for a while. After seeing this thread, I feel like playing it again.
You should... I have never played it until I played it on iOS (unless you count the demo on Xbox which only had tutorial and it couldn't save)

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't played Terraria for a while. After seeing this thread, I feel like playing it again.
You should... I have never played it until I played it on iOS (unless you count the demo on Xbox which only had tutorial and it couldn't save)

Neokje1
09-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Yep no hard mode... Just need to find the dragon armor from chests! Will take a while but OMG..
Also space gun cant be crafed.... Sadly... I HAD ALL STUFF BUT.... couldt craft it.

~neokje1

GummiBear64
09-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Yep no hard mode... Just need to find the dragon armor from chests! Will take a while but OMG..
Also space gun cant be crafed.... Sadly... I HAD ALL STUFF BUT.... couldt craft it.

~neokje1

I bought a mini shark just to find out star cannon can not be crafted :/ i has a feelin they rushed the game just so it got released and they got money...

cocoufo
09-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Wow waste of 3pound if there half the items not added in there.... You can't even make mega shark

Rabidpotato
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow waste of 3pound if there half the items not added in there.... You can't even make mega shark

I know... It's boring now, I have the best weapons and you can't even craft a lot of the easy mode items...

optimuswhat
09-12-2013, 05:16 AM
I can't make a WATCH.
Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy!