PDA

View Full Version : Can't download Growtopia..

SilentDogs
01-15-2016, 02:21 AM
I haven't been in-game for about a week, and I really want to play again. Whenever I try to download Growtopia on my PC, this notifications pops out and removes the GrowtopiaInstaller, the notification says that there is a Trojan virus and it has been quarantined, I tried to do a little clean up and tried to remove the viruses, my protection is on, I just can't download Growtopia.

I need YOUR help! :nope:

Metalwire
01-15-2016, 02:29 AM
I haven't been in-game for about a week, and I really want to play again. Whenever I try to download Growtopia on my PC, this notifications pops out and removes the GrowtopiaInstaller, the notification says that there is a Trojan virus and it has been quarantined, I tried to do a little clean up and tried to remove the viruses, my protection is on, I just can't download Growtopia.

I need YOUR help! :nope:

when I have trouble with my computer I usually contact geek squad I go to their official website and they control the computer and fix it for me

AlexKat
01-15-2016, 03:06 AM
not trying to be rude but uh
wrong subforum

SilentDogs
01-15-2016, 03:20 AM
not trying to be rude but uh
wrong subforum

I think it is the right sub-forum. I'm asking for advice so I can repair a virus, that isn't growtopia related.

Metalwire
01-15-2016, 03:20 AM
I think it is the right sub-forum. I'm asking for advice so I can repair a virus, that isn't growtopia related.
To repair a virus the fixers would have to clear everything

MyLegGuy
01-15-2016, 03:28 AM
Nobody has given this guy an answer yet?
Your antivirus software thinks that the Growtopia installer is a virus.
You'll probably need to turn off your anti virus before downloading Growtopia, or add it to a white list or something. I don't know how to do that because I don't use any antivirus.

You'll need to turn off the protection, download Growtopia, and then turn it back on. Maybe. Or just add Growtopia to some sort of whitelist for whatever antivirus you're using. I don't know how to do that because I don't use any antivirus software.

PURPLE585
01-15-2016, 03:42 AM
what antivirus software do you have

i want to try to sound cool before the tech guys come in

SilentDogs
01-15-2016, 04:42 AM
what antivirus software do you have

i want to try to sound cool before the tech guys come in

360 Total Security.

Meranda
01-15-2016, 05:27 AM
If you've done a full virus scan and got growtopia installer right from growtopiagame.com, you don't have to worry about it being a Trojan.

After growtopia installer is auto blocked by your antivirus, open your antivirus, go into the quarantined list and restore it. You'd have to whitelist growtopia installer.

It'd be better if you'd asked this is bugs/glitches subforum in growtopia, as it is still related to growtopia, whether or not you asking about removing a virus. you'd get an answer from Seth faster if this was there.

Updated
01-15-2016, 11:36 AM
360 Total Security.

lol .

Updated
01-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Don't you DARE talk about Growtopia stuff on the tavern!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm like this in my mind... I just don't say it since someone might be hurt hehe

Ceyx_GrowT
01-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Turn off your anti virus when you want to download the growtopia installer. That's how I downloaded mine.

Boomer
01-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Turn off the anti-virus software for 15 minutes, download GT, problem solved.

hammerkraz
01-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Don't you DARE talk about Growtopia stuff on the tavern!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dont you dare start to prance around like you own the place

SilentDogs
01-16-2016, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the advice! :hat:

I added the Growtopia installer to the trusted list and restored my files, now I am able to play again. :)

Sorry for posting this in the wrong sub-forum, I'll make sure that doesn't happen again..

DonutMan
01-17-2016, 02:24 AM
Try to turn off the antivirus like 20 minutes and install growtopia it work for me :wave: