PDA

View Full Version : Don't starve questions

Dinobones62
01-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Hey guys i am think about getting a game called Don't starve on steam, i have enough left over on my steam wallet after purchasing the game to buy either the shipwrecked dlc or Reign of giants dlc.

(Reign of giants is basically a hardcore version of the vanilla game as well as new mobs and items) (shipwrecked is a retexture with new enemies boats and items)

Help me!

Liammagoo
01-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Don't starve together is the better choice. Reign of giants is already in it and it allows co-op online play in exchange for story mode. It comes with two copies, so you can send one to a pal

Defuse
01-15-2016, 07:40 PM
Dont starve i havnt played before just watched it on youtube, but I guarantee to you that it is better then reign.

thegamer381
01-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Don't starve together is the better choice. Reign of giants is already in it and it allows co-op online play in exchange for story mode. It comes with two copies, so you can send one to a pal

Yes do this!

Metalwire
01-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Hey guys i am think about getting a game called Don't starve on steam, i have enough left over on my steam wallet after purchasing the game to buy either the shipwrecked dlc or Reign of giants dlc.

(Reign of giants is basically a hardcore version of the vanilla game as well as new mobs and items) (shipwrecked is a retexture with new enemies boats and items)

Help me!

The game is really complicated
- survive without touching the darkness(Risk yourself into death)
-Setting things on fire( trees and such can create light source
- The game is very precise when it comes to getting the items. To be honest I wasn't sure about the objective/concept for I kept dying and respawning

thegamer381
01-15-2016, 09:48 PM
The game is really complicated
- survive without touching the darkness(Risk yourself into death)
-Setting things on fire( trees and such can create light source
- The game is very precise when it comes to getting the items. To be honest I wasn't sure about the objective/concept for I kept dying and respawning

Facepalm, in the endgame you need to touch darkness so u can go insane and farm shadow whatevers...

Metalwire
01-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Facepalm, in the endgame you need to touch darkness so u can go insane and farm shadow whatevers...
The darkness can temporarily blind you being easily vulnerable to monsters

thegamer381
01-15-2016, 10:04 PM
The darkness can temporarily blind you being easily vulnerable to monsters

But it also makes your sanity plummet, allowing you to farm shadow creatures if you are strong enough.

Mr T.
01-15-2016, 10:09 PM
I regret not buying Dont starve togheter.
Meh, maybe another time.

(Got the vanilla game and 2 dlc's for 8 bucks)

You need to prepare for winter/summer.

Make your camp near a pig village or beefalos.
Always have a light source.
Never fight without armor.
Get a crockpot and alchemy machine as soon as possible.
Rock fire > Campfire

Widow is the best choice.

For the game:
Reign of Giants is better so far.
Yet, shipwrecked will be updated regulary.