Which do you enjoy better,
Growtopia.. Or Minecraft?

My opinion is Growtopia. What's yours?

AlexKat
01-16-2016, 08:36 PM
both are suckish nowadays but im gonna go for growtopia

Liammagoo
01-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Both have a bad community full of pre-teens who just learned how to act all tough
Both are repetitive grinders which require no skill
Both take forever to do one thing
Both are useless unless you're creative enough

But Growtopia actually gets updates whereas Minecraft just steals ideas from mod creators.

Christopher
01-16-2016, 08:37 PM
You're making so many threads

RexStar
01-16-2016, 08:39 PM
I hate minecraft...
So i guess I'll go with growtopia.
(I'm attracted to pixelz, k.)

26FtW26
01-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Both have a bad community full of pre-teens who just learned how to act all tough
Both are repetitive grinders which require no skill
Both take forever to do one thing
Both are useless unless you're creative enough

But Growtopia actually gets updates whereas Minecraft just steals ideas from mod creators.

Minecraft steals ideas from mod creators? You are incorrect. It's just that, mod creators just make everything that the game needs before the developers do.
For instance, the developers were bound to make potions at some point, but there had been mods for it for a long time. Would Minecraft be better without potions? Of course not.

The only reason Seth and Hamumu aren't "stealing" ideas, is because there is no modding/singleplayer for Growtopia. If there was, I'm sure 90% of the stuff they'd make, there'd already be a mod for it, especially as GT is 2D and not 3D, so anyone who'd learn the very basics of programming, could make a mod easily.

just one growtopian
01-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Growtopia because its much more entertaining.

Metalwire
01-16-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm not going to be biased both games are phenomenal the one flaw is the community that makes the community seem less as it was at the start both games have unique qualities that make it great but the range of ages changes the way we see the game overall good games

26FtW26
01-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Anyways, regarding the original post, I choose Minecraft. Mostly because you can do WHATEVER you want (by that I mean, WHATEVER. No moderators/rules).

The Multiplayer in Minecraft is 10x better than Growtopia, anyone who thinks enough will realize that it is so. Sure, some servers have annoying 9 year olds as moderators, but the bigger networks (Hypixel, etc) are very well maintained by mature inviduals (Unlike Growtopia, I dare say)

Minecraft, in my opinion, is much better because it is not controlled by the developers, it's controlled by the players and the community. And, although the community itself may be absolute rubbish, if you look hard enough, there'll always be nice folk around.

To those who say MC is grindy/boring: You say that, because you have never played online and/or have no imagination at all. Growtopia is 'grindier' than any RPGMMO I have ever played, and that includes some titles like WoW.

Liammagoo
01-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Anyways, regarding the original post, I choose Minecraft. Mostly because you can do WHATEVER you want (by that I mean, WHATEVER. No moderators/rules).

The Multiplayer in Minecraft is 10x better than Growtopia, anyone who thinks enough will realize that it is so. Sure, some servers have annoying 9 year olds as moderators, but the bigger networks (Hypixel, etc) are very well maintained by mature inviduals (Unlike Growtopia, I dare say)

Minecraft, in my opinion, is much better because it is not controlled by the developers, it's controlled by the players and the community. And, although the community itself may be absolute rubbish, if you look hard enough, there'll always be nice folk around.

To those who say MC is grindy/boring: You say that, because you have never played online and/or have no imagination at all. Growtopia is 'grindier' than any RPGMMO I have ever played, and that includes some titles like WoW.

Funny how your reason is because of the online servers that use mods/external software to run their server. What about VANILLA minecraft? Don't compare one game to another game unfairly, if Growtopia can't be played with mods/additions, judge minecraft without any of said traits. Your second reason is the exact same as Growtopia's community. Almost every world made and almost every service, game and scam were made by the community, the developers only gave us the tools to do so and a small torch to light the path. Same with Minecraft and the command blocks 'n' servers.

Anyway, going back to what you said about the developers not stealing from mod creators: The definition of steal is to take something without permission. Sure, potions already had a ton of mods, but when vanilla minecraft updated with potions, all their hard work in creating said potions was GONE forever, without any reconcile or reward. That sounds a hell of a lot like stealing.

Liammagoo
01-16-2016, 08:59 PM
I hate when people compare these games, just because they're both sandbox doesn't mean the games are alike. For example, growtopia has an economy

True, they're too different to truly compare. Especially due to the fact one's 100% vanilla while the other is only 2% vanilla.

Rockytop
01-16-2016, 09:00 PM
I like both. :3

holaloh
01-16-2016, 09:12 PM
minecraft is better, gt is kinda boring

Hans
01-16-2016, 09:39 PM
gg.

There's just no possible way to compare a game that is player-dependent and player-independent. By that, I mean you cannot compare Growtopia — that has a real econimy which is player-based and dependent, the flux of the gem per day rate (gem/day) has a real economic system working behind it. Whereas, in Minecraft, 'tis player-independent. The game in itself does not rely on the player to do the job for them, rather, the game itself does the job through plug-ins, servers, the RNG, basically every basic need to juice up your imagination.

Plus, in Minecraft, you can just obtain your items through commands. Though it is not compulsory and truly is optional, you do not really have to "work hard" and you just let the game do half of your work for you. Whereas in Growtopia, you do all the bloody work. That's why there are more reported cases of scamming than in Minecraft.

It is true that you need pure imagination for Minecraft, I cannot deny that. But, nor can you deny that you need wide-perception and blocking skills in Growtopia. Both have aspects that do not go well with each other like they were oil and water. Just debating about the topic Minecraft and Growtopia makes us a bunch of biased hypocrites. That is, unless, we go too far.