PDA

View Full Version : HELP PANNY : How do you swim?

PannyFlan
01-17-2016, 02:30 AM
I have swimming class by force, and problem is that I kept being scared of drowning, which making me kept sinking in the pool, or trying to swim weird and wrong...
I need tips how to swim, how to float, how to avoid, etc.
Thank you ~
I want to learn how to swim :)

Metalwire
01-17-2016, 02:35 AM
I have swimming class by force, and problem is that I kept being scared of drowning, which making me kept sinking in the pool, or trying to swim weird and wrong...
I need tips how to swim, how to float, how to avoid, etc.
Thank you ~
I want to learn how to swim :)
I took swimming classes here on some tips
- stay relaxed try not to overthink yourself and freak out
-when swimming underwater make sure you keep pushing your feet up and down
-try blowing bubbles when underwater(example hold your breath underwater and release a little air not to much) saves you breath
- when swimming backwards try putting your chest upwards so that causes flotation
- lastly don't get nervous swimming is fun if you put your mind to it the water isn't that scary and if your forced to do it it's okay because you will gain more experience. I wish you the best of luck and m will be their in spirit helping you out Remmeber these tips

Paintlesss
01-17-2016, 02:35 AM
Welcome to the club of people who can't swim rule.1 always be afraid of water then you live

Chocolatte
01-17-2016, 02:39 AM
Rule #1. Don't freak out. If you're afraid of drowning, overcome that fear by becoming a fish. (jk) Or you could try holding your breath underwater. Always remember you have the power to come above the surface.
Rule #2. Don't overthink. You know overthinking causes you to feel horrible, so just don't.
Rule #3 Just do it! It'll end up okay in the end. I couldn't swim for six years before I finally kinda just went "Let's get this over with." Then I learned to not die

Aunos
01-17-2016, 02:45 AM
How does one not know how to swim

Liammagoo
01-17-2016, 02:49 AM
no ofc you won't drown in a shallow public pool in a public area
unleash your inner fish

Areodax
01-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Wear goggles. Increases swim skill by 999.

Swimming Goggles
Stats:
DEF +15
Water Mobility +999
Speed +10

Literally how I got good at swimming.

Trolled
01-17-2016, 02:54 AM
Go find yourself a pool and jump inside. If you live through, you'll know how to swim and if not, its just the opposite.

lsaac2
01-17-2016, 03:14 AM
When I was a kid, I was pushed into the deep end of a pool. My instincts kicked in and I taught myself how to.

Clarken (ciarken)
01-17-2016, 03:14 AM
Moves your arms and legs alot

Chills
01-17-2016, 03:41 AM
Hello, fellow hydrophobic terrestrial dweller! I joined the swim team to negate my fear. Knowing I had to become good gave me incentive enough to rid me of my fear. But hey, an inspirational anecdote may do you well.

A few tips would be to wear goggles, which top any other top tenfold. Being able to see can reduce the fear of being blind. Also, stay nearest to the area where you can barely stand up in. This will force you to slowly conquer you fear without being at a risk. If you "drown" persay, you will only be a few inches from the bottom; however, this forces you to be able to tread water and swim.

MathGirl25
01-17-2016, 03:44 AM
Hang onto the wall, stay in shallow water, and become a starfish to float.

Sk8ter
01-17-2016, 04:22 AM
Float like a penguin, swim like an elephant. Just give up cuz you can't.
Idek^^^

I'm just messin, it's all about that kick. Kick a lot and make that arm movement like you're opening a curtain. Do it fast and make sure to keep your fingers and toes closed

xlightswitch
01-17-2016, 04:34 AM
1. Enter water
2. Slightly bend down
3. Raise either left or right arm
4. Push self forward
5. Paddle with feet
5. Swing down raised arm
6. Raise other arm
7. Swing down arm
8. Repeat step 3, 5, 6 and 7.