PDA

View Full Version : Should I move to linux?

CernodileHD
01-17-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking of buying an pen drive to do my work everywhere I go (like if I go to my cousin, I can still manage my website static pages (not server-sided like phpBB forums board).

I don't have my own pc or laptop, but I can USB boot easily on my mom's laptop and any relative's PC/Laptop (legacy or UEFI BIOS, idc, atleast support USB boot)

Should I go for "long-time-support" Ubuntu version?
Help me decide what should I do after getting my new phone at May.
:scratch:

CernodileHD
01-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Bump (cmon smart people)

Xephos
01-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Bump (cmon smart people)

im not smart but if you are moving to linux go for it!

Tiffanytann
01-18-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking of buying an pen drive to do my work everywhere I go (like if I go to my cousin, I can still manage my website static pages (not server-sided like phpBB forums board).

I don't have my own pc or laptop, but I can USB boot easily on my mom's laptop and any relative's PC/Laptop (legacy or UEFI BIOS, idc, atleast support USB boot)

You should go for it! If your really moving to Linux I mean.

CernodileHD
01-18-2016, 12:28 PM
im not smart but if you are moving to linux go for it!
Alright, that's a +1.

You should go for it! If your really moving to Linux I mean.
I'm more used to the "Developer POV" of everything, I want to start saving up money and buy some old used phones to spruce new life into them. Such as custom ROMs which require an beefy computer with like 4GB RAM, atleast 50GB free space(Not that beefy but can't fit my USB).

I plan picking up some widely used yet stopped support devices (I will make sure via Google+check dev forums in xda)

Ubuntu is sort of more user friendly than usual Debian, so that's why I chose Ubuntu over vanilla Debian.

SweGarnerHD
01-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Alright, that's a +1.

I'm more used to the "Developer POV" of everything, I want to start saving up money and buy some old used phones to spruce new life into them. Such as custom ROMs which require an beefy computer with like 4GB RAM, atleast 50GB free space(Not that beefy but can't fit my USB).

I plan picking up some widely used yet stopped support devices (I will make sure via Google+check dev forums in xda)

Ubuntu is sort of more user friendly than usual Debian, so that's why I chose Ubuntu over vanilla Debian.

Are You Conan

CernodileHD
01-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Are You Conan

No, Conan is 2smart4me

RanDomZxZ
01-19-2016, 01:07 PM
I used ubuntu for a while it is fine for growtopia yet I don't think it can run it though.

Porky Minch
01-19-2016, 08:43 PM
Go for arch :^)

craft3d
01-19-2016, 10:02 PM

The type of UI which will you use to boot really doesn't matter, so that's not a big deal. I think the switch to the Linux will be only benefical if:
a) You travel a lot, like A LOT
b) Code for a lot of your time

Other than that, it'll be fine to move to Linux but really a waste unless you apply to one or both reasons. Try to go for Arch Linux, I've saw people do cool things with it.