PDA

View Full Version : Vain Glory

Tohru
01-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Does anyone play Vain Glory? You can friend me; IGN: Tohru.

Feel free to send me a guild invite, I desperately need to be in one.

King902
01-17-2016, 09:03 PM

I can get you in UTS now. :p

PolarisHD
01-17-2016, 10:16 PM
If anyone wants to add me, my IGN is HeavenCanceller. I'm in EU (DumbOldDoor is also in EU).

Tohru
01-17-2016, 10:21 PM
Dang it, I'm in North America region, Polaris!

@King I would appreciate that, most of my teammates are trolling me most of the time when I'm in solo queue.

Aunos
01-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Why so few in SEA :cry:

PolarisHD
01-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Dang it, I'm in North America region, Polaris!

:(

SEA has the most players from this forum, though. EU has the least amount of players which is only me, DumbOldDoor, and Mahmoud AFAIK.

XDCorez
01-18-2016, 04:04 AM

its ok bb, u still hav me

LOLware
01-18-2016, 04:07 AM
Im quite bored at the moment, is the game worth a try?

CoolJason
01-18-2016, 04:49 AM
I sent you a friend request. My ign is Intimidate.
I usually lane Wp Blackfeather.

A7XFAN190
01-18-2016, 04:56 AM
I play and I am a beast at it :whistling: but only if my team is good....My Vg Ign is MrMassacre add me

Tohru
01-18-2016, 05:25 PM
@King I'm currently in a guild so I'm just seeing what strength that one has. If it isn't great then I will leave and hopefully you can invite me to UTS. (If you already did I can leave right now; I prefer a guild with friends.)

[Goldshard]
01-18-2016, 05:38 PM

The game is so fun. Its a nice balance to play between Growtopia. There is one downside though: It takes up A LOT of time.

Hans
01-18-2016, 05:49 PM
i want to play but my device cant handle it

guess i'll stick to playing league for a while xD

Tohru
01-19-2016, 12:46 AM
I love playing League too; Vain Glory is basically the mobile version of that.

Aunos
01-19-2016, 12:47 AM
;2162217']The game is so fun. Its a nice balance to play between Growtopia. There is one downside though: It takes up A LOT of time.
True...

I play at midnight so nobody would interrupt me in the middle of a game

Mahmoud
01-19-2016, 03:55 PM
Ign: Growmeh
Level: 20
Ranked: tier 2 bronze.
Main heroes: Koshka, Kestral, Catharine, Celeste, Krul in mid late game, Taka, sometimes Petal and soon after one week Reim.
Server: EU

Add me plox

Boomer
01-19-2016, 04:05 PM

Only if you like anime and LoL styles of gaming. If not, then no.

PolarisHD
01-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Only if you like anime and LoL styles of gaming. If not, then no.

LoL style of gaming (aka MOBA), yes. Anime, I don't think so.

Boomer
01-19-2016, 04:12 PM
Anime, I don't think so.

Close to it. From someone who doesn't watch it, anything with big eyes and spiky hair is anime.

Mahmoud
01-19-2016, 04:57 PM
Close to it. From someone who doesn't watch it, anything with big eyes and spiky hair is anime.

No, anime is: Japanese animated series or movie that is taken from a manga.
From the web definition:
a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

Im not on someones side.

DropeTD
01-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Just downloaded. Will try to see if Its good. Hopr controls arent as bad as they are in Heroed of Order amd Chaos

DumbOldDoor
01-19-2016, 08:04 PM
i want to play but my device cant handle it

guess i'll stick to playing league for a while xD
vain > lol

Just downloaded. Will try to see if Its good. Hopr controls arent as bad as they are in Heroed of Order amd Chaos

The controls are very good, some buttons used to be a little too small for me before but they changed that a whole ago now.

Tohru
01-19-2016, 08:29 PM
To be honest I like both cuz they're equal. Vain is convenient and LoL is a bit more of "tactical decisions, summoner". Oh well.

I'm sad cause Mahmoud is in EU but I'm in NA. :cry:

Mahmoud
01-19-2016, 09:58 PM
To be honest I like both cuz they're equal. Vain is convenient and LoL is a bit more of "tactical decisions, summoner". Oh well.

I'm sad cause Mahmoud is in EU but I'm in NA. :cry:

Its okay we can share tactics in game

DumbOldDoor
01-20-2016, 05:08 AM
Its okay we can share tactics in game

What's your IGN in Vain? I'd add a fellow EU-rtsoft player xD

Btw, what was your skill tier last season?

A7XFAN190
01-20-2016, 05:57 AM
I need a guild so invite me..or we can start one

DumbOldDoor
01-20-2016, 07:45 AM
I need a guild so invite me..or we can start one

What build?

A7XFAN190
01-20-2016, 08:36 AM
What build?

I think I was using Journey boots,Sorrowblade,Breaking Point,Tornado trigger,Aegis and Shiversteel

XDCorez
01-20-2016, 11:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Jhajtcp.jpg
Kestrel is goddess

Aunos
01-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Kestrel is goddess

Was that the game you were playing a while ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys what should I do with 900 ice?

Should I buy a ice box? (When Vox III comes out.)
Buy a skin? (Ardan/koshka/ringo)
Or buy a character?( reim/taka/fortress)

I have a lot of glory to buy Heros too, but I'm saving up to 18k to buy out 2 glory boxes when vox III comes out.

Mahmoud
01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
What's your IGN in Vain? I'd add a fellow EU-rtsoft player xD

Btw, what was your skill tier last season?
Growmeh
My last skill tier was 5 bronze
I didnt play a lot of ranked I focused on guild matches

Spearman176
01-20-2016, 12:31 PM
I play on SEA server! My IGN is Spearman176

DumbOldDoor
01-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Kestrel is goddess
God damn, 19 mins in and you have that many monsters killed?! Crazy farm lol.

You need to build defense too though, it's very important.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a lot of glory to buy Heros too, but I'm saving up to 18k to buy out 2 glory boxes when vox III comes out.
I spent my ICE I got from the season payout on Reim, no regrets. He is awesome and I'm really getting into him. He is kind of like a krul 2.0

Growmeh
My last skill tier was 5 bronze
I didnt play a lot of ranked I focused on guild matches
Ah, add me please, ign is puravik.

Mahmoud
01-20-2016, 12:40 PM

- - - Updated - - -

If you focus on buying boxes you wont get what you want because 900 ice wont get you 2 ice boxes which what you need and you will finish your 18k on cards in normal boxes which only have 1 rara 1 epic 1 legendery of each card so you can maybe do it if you focus on creating cards instead of buying them, just my opinion.

Maybe try every character and sees who suits you and buy it.

Buy a skin but it would be only once but I recommend you to buy boxes with glory and saving the ice to buy the tier 3 skin of your vox character

Here is what you will do.
You will buy vox boxes with glory and sell the legendery cards only! And create the other cards and then after you are done buy more boxes with glory and sell every card you get from it since it have nothing to do with vox and create the vox cards you need and when you unlock vox tier 2 wait for tier 3 to come out buy it witch ice

- - - Updated - - -

I spent my ICE I got from the season payout on Reim, no regrets. He is awesome and I'm really getting into him. He is kind of like a krul 2.0

Done. .

PolarisHD
01-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Kestrel is goddess

Kestrel is literally broken early game. She's unstoppable early game and maybe even mid game too if played properly.

Buy a hero. I'd recommend buying either Ardan, Skye, Blackfeather, or Kestrel, but that's just me. Just only use the 18k glory once the Vox III skin comes out.

Aunos
01-20-2016, 02:06 PM
If you focus on buying boxes you wont get what you want because 900 ice wont get you 2 ice boxes which what you need and you will finish your 18k on cards in normal boxes which only have 1 rara 1 epic 1 legendery of each card so you can maybe do it if you focus on creating cards instead of buying them, just my opinion.

Maybe try every character and sees who suits you and buy it.

Buy a skin but it would be only once but I recommend you to buy boxes with glory and saving the ice to buy the tier 3 skin of your vox character

Here is what you will do.
You will buy vox boxes with glory and sell the legendery cards only! And create the other cards and then after you are done buy more boxes with glory and sell every card you get from it since it have nothing to do with vox and create the vox cards you need and when you unlock vox tier 2 wait for tier 3 to come out buy it witch ice
- - - Updated - - -
Done. .

glory boxes gives you 2 legendaries and 6 rares and 6 rares...

- - - Updated - - -

Buy a hero. I'd recommend buying either Ardan, Skye, Blackfeather, or Kestrel, but that's just me. Just only use the 18k glory once the Vox III skin comes out.

I have all of them...

Except skye. She's OP, but I have a hard time stutter stepping with her. Unlike vox and ringo, you can tap forward then the enemy quickly. With Skye, she would jump and I have to wait a second before she lands. But since I'm used to using vox and ringo, I often mess it up.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm planning on buying reim, but I'm abit hesitant about it. I know if you play him well, he's heck op. But the part that annoys me is that you have to land every skill to regain the fortified health, without the fortified health, you would be like krul without a breaking point.

Spearman176
Do you play on SEA?

Aunos
Do you play on SEA?

Yep. Send me a request.

Spearman176
01-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Ok i think i just did. Im garbage though i think i troll too much

PolarisHD
01-20-2016, 02:16 PM
I have all of them...

Except skye. She's OP, but I have a hard time stutter stepping with her. Unlike vox and ringo, you can tap forward then the enemy quickly. With Skye, she would jump and I have to wait a second before she lands. But since I'm used to using vox and ringo, I often mess it up.

Lucky ;-; Did you spend money to get all the heroes? If you have all the heroes, then you should probably buy a skin instead.

You don't need to wait for her to land to attack again. That's just her animation. Are you using WP Skye? If so, then try out CP Skye, her A + B + A combo is really deadly.

Aunos
01-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Lucky ;-; Did you spend money to get all the heroes? If you have all the heroes, then you should probably buy a skin instead.

You don't need to wait for her to land to attack again. That's just her animation. Are you using WP Skye? If so, then try out CP Skye, her A + B + A combo is really deadly.

I don't have all the characters, mostly the one that I use. I only used $10 in the game. I used CP, I guess I could give her another chance... I'll try her again in the next Skye rotation.

PolarisHD
01-20-2016, 02:58 PM
I don't have all the characters, mostly the one that I use. I only used $10 in the game. I used CP, I guess I could give her another chance... I'll try her again in the next Skye rotation.

Skye actually takes a lot of practice to get used to. I haven't mastered her yet, but I am pretty average on her if I had to say so myself. It took me like 5-7 days to get used to her. lol

Aunos
01-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Skye actually takes a lot of practice to get used to. I haven't mastered her yet, but I am pretty average on her if I had to say so myself. It took me like 5-7 days to get used to her. lol

It's gonna take me weeks not to stutter step with Skye like how I do it with vox and ringo.

Edwardson97
01-20-2016, 03:01 PM
I play, I'm in the most popular guild in NA, Vain Nation. My IGN is Edwardson.

DumbOldDoor
01-20-2016, 06:17 PM
glory boxes gives you 2 legendaries and 6 rares and 6 rares...

- - - Updated - - -

I have all of them...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm planning on buying reim, but I'm abit hesitant about it. I know if you play him well, he's heck op. But the part that annoys me is that you have to land every skill to regain the fortified health, without the fortified health, you would be like krul without a breaking point.

The thing you need to do as Reim is to be able to predict enemy movements and think like the enemy, like with other similars heroes (e.g celeste). Save your second ability (the rooting ability), for when the enemy starts to run away. Root them, basic attack, A, basic, just keep doing that combo and they can't get away since your abilities already naturally slow them. You can consider getting a FB too but I personally never do.

Took me like 10 matches to get good with him. Just learn everything about him that you can like you would with every other hero.. read the forums, watch the spotlight, look at his stats etc.. basic stuff, I don't think I need to discuss this.

Tohru
01-20-2016, 09:47 PM
@Edwardson Wow, I can't dream of getting into a guild that big. You must be super pr0 or something because I'm just in a small guild. It's growing but some players are inactive.

@Everyone Does CP Kestrel or WP Kestrel work better? Or Hybird (both CP and WP).

I'll see if I can take a picture of one of my next few matches to see if you guys have any tips for any builds for the characters I'm using.

DumbOldDoor
01-21-2016, 05:22 AM
@Edwardson Wow, I can't dream of getting into a guild that big. You must be super pr0 or something because I'm just in a small guild. It's growing but some players are inactive.

@Everyone Does CP Kestrel or WP Kestrel work better? Or Hybird (both CP and WP).

I'll see if I can take a picture of one of my next few matches to see if you guys have any tips for any builds for the characters I'm using.
I would say wp, after playing both for some time. The only advantage of CP is the extended invisibility (forgot how it's called..) but I can play well without it. With wp I can activate it any time really so if I need to get away I used it and if the enemies go through it I stun them, if they don't I can get ahead enough to get away. CP and WP glimmershots deal pretty much the same amount of damage anyway...

Aunos
01-21-2016, 05:35 AM
I would say wp, after playing both for some time. The only advantage of CP is the extended invisibility (forgot how it's called..) but I can play well without it. With wp I can activate it any time really so if I need to get away I used it and if the enemies go through it I stun them, if they don't I can get ahead enough to get away. CP and WP glimmershots deal pretty much the same amount of damage anyway...

it's not only about the camo, there are more difference than you think. The play style of CP is more defensive, since you rely all your dmg on your glimmer shots. When you run out of it, you have to back off the fight until it refills. On the other hand, WP play style is more agressive. Because, since the WP ratio on your glimmer shots are on direct hits, you have to be a lot closer. Plus your dmg is on your basic attacks so you really have to get close.

CP is stronger early game, bursting through enemies in the lane. On the other hand, WP is stronger mid-late game. That's the time when you build enough WP dmg.

CP's advantage is that you can use your second skill over and over, stunning, dealing crystal damage to enemies within the mist. Another is that, your glimmer shots dmg is on the tip, making it a great way to poke.

WP's advantage is that she can still sustain in the fight with her basic attacks. She doesn't have to back off to regen the arrows, but instead she can still do good dmg without the glimmer shots. Her glimmer shot dmg may not be on the tip, but when you do a direct hit, you could deal more dmg than CP.

On a WP VS CP kestrel fight, it really depends on how the skills are used, and how the fight is fought. CP can turn the fight around with the camo, while WP can still do dmg even without the glimmer shots.

DumbOldDoor
01-21-2016, 05:55 AM
it's not only about the camo, there are more difference than you think. The play style of CP is more defensive, since you rely all your dmg on your glimmer shots. When you run out of it, you have to back off the fight until it refills. On the other hand, WP play style is more agressive. Because, since the WP ratio on your glimmer shots are on direct hits, you have to be a lot closer. Plus your dmg is on your basic attacks so you really have to get close.

CP is stronger early game, bursting through enemies in the lane. On the other hand, WP is stronger mid-late game. That's the time when you build enough WP dmg.

CP's advantage is that you can use your second skill over and over, stunning, dealing crystal damage to enemies within the mist. Another is that, your glimmer shots dmg is on the tip, making it a great way to poke.

WP's advantage is that she can still sustain in the fight with her basic attacks. She doesn't have to back off to regen the arrows, but instead she can still do good dmg without the glimmer shots. Her glimmer shot dmg may not be on the tip, but when you do a direct hit, you could deal more dmg than CP.

On a WP VS CP kestrel fight, it really depends on how the skills are used, and how the fight is fought. CP can turn the fight around with the camo, while WP can still do dmg even without the glimmer shots.

The camo is VERY easy to avoid.. If you see her use it why the heck would you run through it? Unless she's in a brush and uses it before the enemy enters the brush.

Aunos
01-21-2016, 07:42 AM
The camo is VERY easy to avoid.. If you see her use it why the heck would you run through it? Unless she's in a brush and uses it before the enemy enters the brush.

True, but hey, game tactics.

I normally place them in bushes or areas that the enemy wouldn't see, bait em over then boom.

XDCorez
01-21-2016, 08:54 AM
It's gonna take me weeks not to stutter step with Skye like how I do it with vox and ringo.

duh, cp skye
you dont even need to struggle vs a krul

DumbOldDoor
01-21-2016, 09:12 AM
duh, cp skye
you dont even need to struggle vs a krul

Krul is easy to beat with any ranged hero, CP is not necessary.

Aunos
01-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Krul is easy to beat with any ranged hero, CP is not necessary.

True, but sometimes it's annoying when he tanks, and my shots wouldn't do much dmg (but when I vox, he dead. Get it?)

Aunos
01-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Did anyone here send me a friend request in Vain Glory with the username "WOSHIPAUL"? His name is familiar because I remember battling him once on a casual match. I won ofc (not bragging plz)

Tohru
01-22-2016, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the Kestrel tips. I'm planning on getting her because since she's free this week, I wanted to see what works best for her against players. It's great because I predict where the enemy is so I can use my glimmer shots, so happy. :D

XDCorez
01-22-2016, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the Kestrel tips. I'm planning on getting her because since she's free this week, I wanted to see what works best for her against players. It's great because I predict where the enemy is so I can use my glimmer shots, so happy. :D
Kestrel is the meta, so go ahead and buy Kestrel.

Tohru
01-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Yeah, Kestrel and Skye. Skye isn't really my style.

Mahmoud
01-24-2016, 01:52 AM
I won with a full crystal shaterglass taka, well its half full..
Against a clan teammates, well not because of me but its because I had catharine and ringo killing either the 3 heroes or 2 of them after my death but atleast I caused the damge right..
Try this as challange if you have taka if you dont then wait for the free hero rotation.

Try challanges its fun when you are bored.
Ima try wp celeste or catharine, the rage begins.

P.s since this is a vainglory thready then there is no problem posting it here right?...

Aunos
01-24-2016, 04:10 AM
I won with a full crystal shaterglass taka, well its half full..
Against a clan teammates, well not because of me but its because I had catharine and ringo killing either the 3 heroes or 2 of them after my death but atleast I caused the damge right..
Try this as challange if you have taka if you dont then wait for the free hero rotation.

Try challanges its fun when you are bored.
Ima try wp celeste or catharine, the rage begins.

P.s since this is a vainglory thready then there is no problem posting it here right?...

Sometimes I laugh when I see builds like these.

Not your build Mahmoud, since your doing a full CP.

Tip, Ult-ba-kaiten-ba-kaku. Ba is basic attack.
Wait for your ult and kaiten to be ready again and repeat.

Mahmoud
01-24-2016, 04:26 AM
Sometimes I laugh when I see builds like these.

Not your build Mahmoud, since your doing a full CP.

Tip, Ult-ba-kaiten-ba-kaku. Ba is basic attack.
Wait for your ult and kaiten to be ready again and repeat.

Yeah I usually use kaku first to catch up before the battle end and then they spam me with question marks.. Sooo...

Also I did WP Celeste it went horribly wrong even doe we won since AFK koshka.
My heleg were useless the only usefull thing I did in the match was stunning people...

Aunos
01-24-2016, 06:07 AM
Yeah I usually use kaku first to catch up before the battle end and then they spam me with question marks.. Sooo...

Also I did WP Celeste it went horribly wrong even doe we won since AFK koshka.
My heleg were useless the only usefull thing I did in the match was stunning people...

Heleg? You mean corpse collapse or the ult?

What's your build?

You should max out your ult and stun. If your WP. The first skill isn't so useful when WP, I would use it to scare them or vision

Mahmoud
01-24-2016, 06:10 AM
Heleg? You mean corpse collapse or the ult?

What's your build?

You should max out your ult and stun. If your WP. The first skill isn't so useful when WP, I would use it to scare them or vision

I meant heliiogenesis

Kragor
01-24-2016, 06:13 AM
Join my guild, ROXY :)

Aunos
01-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Join my guild, ROXY :)

What's your server?

Edwardson97
01-29-2016, 12:38 AM
Now we wait for ozo to come out. Hyped for him.:panic:

xXDARKZEROXx
01-29-2016, 04:03 AM

It's pretty fun but addicting also. It's a MOBA game like World of Warcraft.

Yeah, give it a try for yourself. It's completely free but has In-App purchases.
Also I think you could win Ice (Like diamonds in other games) from VainGlory on twitch.

- - - Updated - - -

A guild? The guild i'm in right now is level 18 (Is that ok?). Last season we got up to level 37. The server i'm in is North America.

Just pm me if you want to join.

I join other guilds sometimes if my current one is inactive.

PolarisHD
01-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Now we wait for ozo to come out. Hyped for him.:panic:

I'm just waiting for that Blackfeather and Ardan nerf. and Skye's skins.