PDA

View Full Version : I need tips to improve my handles

Sk8ter
01-18-2016, 08:39 PM
I have begun to notice how behind I am on my handles. When I started playing basketball, I thought all I needed to know was how to crossover and in-and-out dribble. I just assumed - I'm very quick to assume - and didn't realize how indolent I am when it came to dribbling. Recently, I played a 1 v 1 with a friend of mine at the gym and lost 9-20. At the time it was unfathomable but now I understand how affable and tangible I am when trying to cross someone. I have no problem with shooting but I find difficulty in making the opportunities to take the shots. So I ask you basketball players, what can I do to improve my handles? I've been trying the low dribbling and cone cuffs but am improving at a slower pace. I have the rudiments down but I need to know if there are other aberrations I should try.

TL;DR
Give me tips to help me improve my dribbling in basketball

AlexKat
01-18-2016, 08:42 PM
practice nonstop until you drop

Sk8ter
01-18-2016, 08:43 PM
pratice it nonstop until you drop

ight, i noticed the edit lol

AlexKat
01-18-2016, 08:44 PM
lmao im bad at grammr like sysly

syrup
01-18-2016, 08:45 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/42f06d7a17aa0317d3607c23c019476f/tumblr_inline_nq9ykbuqPq1r4y9v4_540.png

Sk8ter
01-18-2016, 08:46 PM
lmao im bad at grammr like sysly

practice your grammar until you have to pee...i mean until you drop

AlexKat
01-18-2016, 08:47 PM
practice your grammar until you have to pee...i mean until you drop

i had to go pee so thats why i typed it in lol

Metalwire
01-18-2016, 08:52 PM
I have begun to notice how behind I am on my handles. When I started playing basketball, I thought all I needed to know was how to crossover and in-and-out dribble. I just assumed - I'm very quick to assume - and didn't realize how indolent I am when it came to dribbling. Recently, I played a 1 v 1 with a friend of mine at the gym and lost 9-20. At the time it was unfathomable but now I understand how affable and tangible I am when trying to cross someone. I have no problem with shooting but I find difficulty in making the opportunities to take the shots. So I ask you basketball players, what can I do to improve my handles? I've been trying the low dribbling and cone cuffs but am improving at a slower pace. I have the rudiments down but I need to know if there are other aberrations I should try.

TL;DR
Give me tips to help me improve my dribbling in basketball
You have to practice your speed if you can outrun the player you can surely put in a layup or shoot it in

Sk8ter
01-18-2016, 08:57 PM
You have to practice your speed if you can outrun the player you can surely put in a layup or shoot it in

What about the check up? I can't outrun the player if I can't cross em, even if I am faster. I can do it sometimes but speed isn't my problem

Metalwire
01-18-2016, 08:58 PM
What about the check up? I can't outrun the player if I can't cross em, even if I am faster. I can do it sometimes but speed isn't my problem
Even so when on defense you have stay close and guard you have to aggressive to obtain the ball

Sk8ter
01-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Even so when on defense you have stay close and guard you have to aggressive to obtain the ball

The vehemently way I defend isn't a problem either, I can make the motherfluffer recede his azz

Metalwire
01-18-2016, 09:10 PM
The vehemently way I defend isn't a problem either, I can make the motherfluffer recede his azz
If you want to dribble better start running laps with the ball each time getting faster and faster

Sk8ter
01-18-2016, 09:27 PM
If you want to dribble better start running laps with the ball each time getting faster and faster

I need something I can do at home. Like drills and stuff like that, I seldom go to the gym and there's snow outside

PURPLE585
01-18-2016, 10:35 PM
i take the ball and run home

Sk8ter
01-19-2016, 12:24 AM
i take the ball and run home
i will 360 no scope you, you have 360 no hope. gg