PDA

View Full Version : How Do YOU Judge a Good/Bad Book?

26FtW26
01-20-2016, 07:19 PM
How do you decide whether a book is good, or bad?

-=*=-Personally, for me a big one is how well you can express emotion using text.
-=*=-Another one, is not steering off the main activity that's taking place at the moment. A good example of this, is that some older books I've read, talk about some random side character that says 2 words in the whole book, for like 15 pages. That really pisses me off, because a lot of the books I have to read (for school) are older, and therefore have this problem, making the books unnecessarily long. (had to google how to write unnecessarily)
-=*=-Bad translation; I have read some books that have been translated by absolute morons. No more to say.

Metalwire
01-20-2016, 07:51 PM
How do you decide whether a book is good, or bad?

-=*=-Personally, for me a big one is how well you can express emotion using text.
-=*=-Another one, is not steering off the main activity that's taking place at the moment. A good example of this, is that some older books I've read, talk about some random side character that says 2 words in the whole book, for like 15 pages. That really pisses me off, because a lot of the books I have to read (for school) are older, and therefore have this problem, making the books unnecessarily long. (had to google how to write unnecessarily)
-=*=-Bad translation; I have read some books that have been translated by absolute morons. No more to say.
If I feel interested in it I consider it as a good book although people think otherwise I respect how they feel. But it's up to the person and how connected they are to the book

Sk8ter
01-20-2016, 08:40 PM
If I cry when a main character dies

Zyfen
01-20-2016, 08:49 PM
I don't read books! :whistling:

bluemtndew
01-20-2016, 08:53 PM
If I feel interested in it I consider it as a good book although people think otherwise I respect how they feel. But it's up to the person and how connected they are to the book

Damn I guess I hate every book then

MyLegGuy
01-20-2016, 09:16 PM
I look at the cover.

SpeedFreakz
01-20-2016, 09:18 PM
I can't judge the book by its cover :rolleyes:

Elusive
01-20-2016, 09:26 PM
I look at the cover.

^ ^

DropeTD
01-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Look at the name, then cover, then the back text thingy. If they seem ok I read the book.

legonerd
01-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Look at the cover. Then leave it there.

Obliderate
01-20-2016, 10:34 PM
I take the book to court and put on my wig, then the books lawyer brings forth evidence, and reasoning.
Its a tough choice to say whether the book is guilty or not guilty.

ifunwonders
01-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Well u see, if the cover is childish then I'm in! If it doesn't have childish drawings then I will except books that have one of the following (or more):
1. There is a cute duck
2. The title has to do with:
-aliens
-Time machines
-Babymouse
I give up the list is toooo long .____________. i judge too much i should stop

- - - Updated - - -

I take the book to court and put on my wig, then the books lawyer brings forth evidence, and reasoning.
Its a tough choice to say whether the book is guilty or not guilty.

LOL 10/10! Nice one

Chocolatte
01-20-2016, 10:36 PM
I read the first page. If the first page catches me, I read it. I also judge on the quality of the writing, (Usage of words) and plot twists. I like plot twists that are hard to guess and very unique.

Polar
01-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Look at the name, then cover, then the back text thingy. If they seem ok I read the book.

^^
Same here