PDA

View Full Version : Why I like forums better than Facebook or other social media sites

RobhieMattz
01-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Forums offers you anonymity to protect you from stalkers and other stuffs.
In facebook if you join an argument people will tend to go to your profile in search for something to be used against you.

Damn I just had a bad experience a few minutes ago. I was trying to lecture this guy who scammed someone and plead for apology but then accused his cousin as the culprit behind it. I tried to post a comment wherein I said it is really him and it's not his cousin because his statement tells it.
Then his youngster friends came to back him up. Damn do you know that feeling when you have to deal with young minds? And they don't care whatever sense you are trying to give them, As long as they can prove they are right and they can save their friend from accusations. After a few exchange the OP friend then decided to grab some of my photos in order to humiliate me from the group, OFC! He choose the ugly ones who will choose an ugly one, I tried to change the publicity of my ugly ones as well just to avoid a more lethal damage. In the end I tried to scare the youngster that I'm gonna report the Facebook Group for harassing me to the support desk. The guy then insulted me that I was a coward and I can't deal with him. It ended when an admin came and delete the post we were talking to.

Please put some feedbacks I want to see what you guys think about this situation :cry:

PolarisHD
01-27-2016, 01:16 PM
People in forums are a lot less toxic than people on social media due to moderators and stuff. Also, why not go to their profile, find their parents and report them? That'll teach 'em.

Aunos
01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
I never really liked Facebook. When I first made my acc back in first grade, I stopped using my fb in second grade. Let's just say something happened.

I only use it now for games and chatting.

The forums is more civilized. Even if FB has many civilized people, they also have many non civilized people. So the problem can get really far, and reading thought thousands of comments is a pain.

Unlike in the forums, the ratio of civilized people to uncivilized people is around 3:1 (NOT ACCURATE) plus with lesser people here, it's easier to read through and disscus our opinions.

Defuse
01-27-2016, 01:34 PM
I like forums because you wont get bullied as much. Cyber bullys]

And Ivy is here, GG.

Tempting
01-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Also, I think people constant try to bother you there, while that's no so much the case here. I've never really used any social media outside of messaging media, so I wouldn't know.

Luminesce
01-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Forums is a lot more interesting, than what happens on my Facebook.

SpeedFreakz
01-27-2016, 01:43 PM
I never really liked Facebook. When I first made my acc back in first grade, I stopped using my fb in second grade. Let's just say something happened.

I only use it now for games and chatting.

The forums is more civilized. Even if FB has many civilized people, they also have many non civilized people. So the problem can get really far, and reading thought thousands of comments is a pain.

Unlike in the forums, the ratio of civilized people to uncivilized people is around 3:1 (NOT ACCURATE) plus with lesser people here, it's easier to read through and disscus our opinions.

Same situation, I guess...

vincentw23
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
But i prefer to choose facebook,twitter,instagram or whatsapp
Because they can add picture,update stat
us,easy to change profile.
And there is some game on facebook.
But actually,based on my thinking forum is different with social media.
Because forum is for thousand of people discussing some thing.and its related to games or else
While facebook or else is for our privacy or business.we can chat there for free.

RobhieMattz
01-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Now i feel like quitting facebook =..=
it's just,.. Not safe in there

Ivy389
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
I used to be in Ask.com. Quite nice friends I had.
But I found mysel happier in the Forums.

I like forums because you wont get bullied as much. Cyber bullys]

And Ivy is here, GG.

:sweatdrop:

vincentw23
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Yeah but the bad side of face book is many hacker.

SpeedFreakz
01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Yeah but the bad side of face book is many hacker.

And add pedophiles...

RexStar
01-27-2016, 02:15 PM
Well yeah... On the forums it's much easier/safer to pick fights... If you're into fights, drama, etc...

I usually only interact with people i know irl if I'm on facebook...

And pick fights with them irl... :crazy:

Hans
01-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Forums offers you anonymity to protect you from stalkers and other stuffs.
In facebook if you join an argument people will tend to go to your profile in search for something to be used against you.

Damn I just had a bad experience a few minutes ago. I was trying to lecture this guy who scammed someone and plead for apology but then accused his cousin as the culprit behind it. I tried to post a comment wherein I said it is really him and it's not his cousin because his statement tells it.
Then his youngster friends came to back him up. Damn do you know that feeling when you have to deal with young minds? And they don't care whatever sense you are trying to give them, As long as they can prove they are right and they can save their friend from accusations. After a few exchange the OP friend then decided to grab some of my photos in order to humiliate me from the group, OFC! He choose the ugly ones who will choose an ugly one, I tried to change the publicity of my ugly ones as well just to avoid a more lethal damage. In the end I tried to scare the youngster that I'm gonna report the Facebook Group for harassing me to the support desk. The guy then insulted me that I was a coward and I can't deal with him. It ended when an admin came and delete the post we were talking to.

Please put some feedbacks I want to see what you guys think about this situation :cry:

That is why I do not lecture anyone anymore ;D

Also, regardless of it being a young mind or a mature mind, it will end in a chaotic manner if you try to impose subjectivity to one another, because you're not the same after all.

I also like this place because a certain someone is here :;DD

Boomer
01-27-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't even have FB; no point in it for me. "Hi I'm so and so and I'll tell all you strangers and pervs out there all about my personal life!"

THICKE.
01-27-2016, 06:47 PM
109661No really, nobody cares.

RexStar
01-27-2016, 06:51 PM
109661No really, nobody cares.

15 people did.