PDA

View Full Version : Use correct grammar, if you're going to use any at all.

minha1234
09-08-2013, 12:14 AM
I may have raged about this a lot, but it's gotten so irritating that I feel the need to make a post about it.

I completely understand if you don't want to use any grammar, and it's fine. e.x "u r very awesome i want b like u"

But.. This is what really annoys me..

Adding punctuation marks, where it isn't supposed to go. Such as:

World Lock's
Hat's
Game's
Drop's
See's
You're (adding it where "Your" is supposed to go)

And much more, probably. The last three are quite outrageous.

I do know that there are a lot of people whose first language is not English, but there are people who are very fluent in English, (or at least it seems like it to me) yet they add apostrophe s to almost any word that ends with an s.

What is the point of adding grammar, when it is incorrect, anyway?

I've noticed about, 50% (or more) of the community doing this; if they weren't, well, I'd have probably not made such a fuss about it.

Grammar isn't that important in online gaming, but this one thing really aggravates me. If you are one of the people doing this, well, just remember that you do not need to bother to add apostrophe s to words in which it is not needed.

I apologize about my rant.

TheDarkWolf
09-08-2013, 12:49 AM
It hurts my eyes. I'm not the only one! :D

Ilikecats
09-08-2013, 12:50 AM
First of all some of us have disabilities. I have dyslexia which gives me the problem so I would not tell people wat to do

optimuswhat
09-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Some of those (Game's) is proper, but I don't see most of those as proper grammar at all.

EX: This game's pretty fun. The world lock's stupid, though.
That's just an example, not my opinion.

But people use those incorrectly. It's really annoying.

BlasterXT
09-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Wat is gralmer,?. Hew did I founded it)

Oh nd if ur hojng to maker tead then merk sure that's u use lew words,"

but please do remember that kids play the game aswell, and posts really influence if they want to join the forums or not. So make sure you use the *Best* grammer you *can*

Nobody's perfect but by practicing you'll get GRAMMER down in no time :D Even I don't have good grammer .__.

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm not the only one around here, it seems.

I HATE THIS SENTENCE

l0l
09-08-2013, 01:32 AM
u now i hate it to and it realy annoy's me. this had been annoing me for a while antil u posted thet.

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 01:35 AM
u now i hate it to and it realy annoy's me. this had been annoing me for a while antil u posted thet.

Dat purposely retarded grammar.

Flame_Rex
09-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Dat purposely stupid grammar.
I changed your word for you. Reta*ded sounds a little too rude eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Dat purposely stupid grammar.
I changed your word for you. Reta*ded sounds a little too rude eh?

IAmABrodie
09-08-2013, 04:24 AM
I don't really care about it when people use "Texting" grammar, but when the "Attempt" to use grammar in the ways demonstrated...
I just wanna' : 13317

optimuswhat
09-08-2013, 04:25 AM
I don't really care about it when people use "Texting" grammar, but when the "Attempt" to use grammar in the ways demonstrated...
I just wanna' : 13317

0MG LOL U R SO FUNNY LOL #POLO

$Epickarek
09-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Wat is gralmer,?. Hew did I founded it)

Oh nd if ur hojng to maker tead then merk sure that's u use lew words,"

but please do remember that kids play the game aswell, and posts really influence if they want to join the forums or not. So make sure you use the *Best* grammer you *can*

Nobody's perfect but by practicing you'll get GRAMMER down in no time :D Even I don't have good grammer .__.

How mature.

Timewarper
09-08-2013, 05:18 AM
When ever people say stuff like your anoyying I'm just thinking "GO TO SCHOOL." It spreads out EVERYWHERE it's annoying! Even with people like free4life, he misspells everything and says Swedish people suck at spelling! It's outrageous with bad spelling English speaking Americans! So lets not all :panic: and just to keep our cool (which won't happen.) oh yeah and if you haven't noticed if you tell somebody they spelled something wrong they start cussing!

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 05:47 AM
How mature.

Your sarcasm is seriously annoying and does not make any sense.