PDA

View Full Version : School.

LOLware
01-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Hi I made this thread today to talk to you guys about school. I know most of you probably won't care enough to read this and my mistakes ive made throughout my schooling but if this has interested you so far keep reading.

Well, I'm in 10th grade, 16 years old and I've already messed up drastically. Im supposed to be a Junior right now (11th grade) but I made stupid decisions.
I was expelled from my middle school in 7th grade because I was in trouble constantly, weather that may be disrespecting a teacher or disrupting my classes for what you guys call "popularity". Let me say this; been there, done that, NOT WORTH IT!
While my friends are applying for colleges and trying to get scholarships right now im sitting in a class with kids 1-2 years younger than me.
You may think it's fun and games right now but its GOING to catch up too you! I did for me and if i could go back in time and change anything it would probably be my effort and conduct in school.
Im 16 years old and i already have had chins orders, and spent 2weeks in a juveniles detention center. After expelled in 7th grade i dropped out of school (illegally). My parents gave up all hope o was doing things that no 13 year old boy should be doing. I thought i was grown but i look back and think i was still a child and i still am!
After i dropped out i didn't go to school for about 3 months until my mother got mail for me saying i had a court date discussing me not being in school. After that i was forced to come to school, can you imagine a police officer at your door, EVERY SINGLE morning driving you to school to make sure you go? What about walking out of your 7th period class to get handcuffed and thrown into the back of a cop car to make sure you actually go home?
I spent 6 months like this, horrible i was completely embarrassed i lost all self esteem and confidence for myself.
After i stopped not answering my door for the police in the morning i was then given another court date! Guess what happend there! I was sent to this program where my days went like this: wake up, eat, school, homework, chores, eat, sleep, repeat. My life was a living hell.
I was sent to an academy for kids that couldnt "handle" being in a real school environment. There was a 3rd floor completely locked down for security officers, cops, and etc. This floor had guns, tazers, and everything to keep riots under control. Cop's were not aloud to carry any weapons on them just because of the possible factor of a student getting a hold of them.
I spent 2 years in this school with amazing behavior and decent grades and i was GRANTED THE PRIVILEGE to go to a normal high school! Did you see that? PRIVILEGE!!! Being in a normal school is a PRIVILEGE.....

I completely changed my life around, i havent missed a day of school without a doctors note or ect. In the past year and a half. My grades aren't perfect but they are A's and B's sometimes, C's. I havent even gotten into trouble since either.
I just wanted to share how important school is and i dont know if this helped any of you but just do the right thing. Theres tons of things you can get a second chance at but school isnt one of them.

Ceyx_GrowT
01-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Good for you that you're able to change. Salute.

Updated
01-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Tldrrrrr plexxz

Trolled
01-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Is school made to be so terrifying? I'm... literally... scared. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I DON'T WANT A POLICE OFFICER ON MY DOOR...

LOLware
01-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Thanks for a somewhat interesting thread.

I don't have trouble in school at all, I barely study and get all A's.
Thats great, I'm not very lets say "academically" smart. I have trouble learning out of books but thats why i also take a trade at my school. I study hard for what i do get though.

Hans
01-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Apparently, most of them here take school for granted and call them "living hell". Seriously? Haha, let me laugh at all of them. I salute you for calling going to a normal highschool a privilege. It really is, mate. Even I would call it a damned privilege. When I was a kid to my advanced elementary years, I was sent to a public school just to get poor services — I considered it as a challenge for my so-called "normal highschool" life. I appreciate it. And just to see the rants of people here calling it a living hell.

I appreciate your view, in all honesty, I'm astonished at your experience. It must've been tough. Althought I've gotten in a lot of trouble because of my "public-ish" attitude in school, I've been managing because it was actually the kind of environment I grew up in.

LOLware
01-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Apparently, most of them here take school for granted and call them "living hell". Seriously? Haha, let me laugh at all of them. I salute you for calling going to a normal highschool a privilege. It really is, mate. Even I would call it a damned privilege. When I was a kid to my advanced elementary years, I was sent to a public school just to get poor services — I considered it as a challenge for my so-called "normal highschool" life. I appreciate it. And just to see the rants of people here calling it a living hell.

I appreciate your view, in all honesty, I'm astonished at your experience. It must've been tough. Althought I've gotten in a lot of trouble because of my "public-ish" attitude in school, I've been managing because it was actually the kind of environment I grew up in.

I see your point, when i was younger my parents didn't have a very high income. My mother just finished her schooling to become a nurse and now she works at our local hospital. My little brothers will never know how it felt to walk a mile in my shoes. I like your attitude if i read this correctly.
School is the opportunity to make something of yourself no matter what your background is.

- - - Updated - - -

Although your past will affect your future in getting a college and a job, you can do your best and try to erase your bad records. I truly wish you good luck.
Yes I know this and I'm going to have to take blame and the punishment that comes along with it for my actions.
Currently im in a trade school, and my school guarantees you a job fresh out of high school and i don't have plans on college at the moment even though it would be nice.

LOLware
01-29-2016, 02:03 PM
I do like the way you're remaining positive about this matter.

The best thing i can do, I can't live my life in the past. Ive changed drastically and I can't let my past effect my future.

IShutter
01-29-2016, 02:30 PM
This is honestly one of the most interesting threads ive read in a while, we need people like you in the forums and even i though we probably barely know you, you'd make a great addition

LOLware
01-29-2016, 03:06 PM
This is honestly one of the most interesting threads ive read in a while, we need people like you in the forums and even i though we probably barely know you, you'd make a great addition
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read it. I plan on being here for a while :)

GTLighty
01-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks for a somewhat interesting thread.

I don't have trouble in school at all, I barely study and get all A's.

^^^ Same. I'm 13 and in the 9th grade.

I'm glad you decided to make education a priority in the end. School is pretty important in our lives.

craft3d
01-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Buddy, what I've just read is singlehandedly the most intriguing and interesting statements in the last year on these forums. I can't believe that someone of your magnitude, who had ended up on many detrimental levels of distress, managed to pull yourself together and realize what truly has to been done and the reality that school is a privilege and that you are privileged.

I am very impressed with the fact that you've called school a privilege, because in truth, it really is. It is one of the best gifts you can receive in your entire life, and to realize that is an act of maturity. You sir, have went from a juvenile, confused, adolescent, to a clear, halcyon, young man. Your story was touching to read and I hope that you correct everything you've done in the past and live a great life.

LOLware
01-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Buddy, what I've just read is singlehandedly the most intriguing and interesting statements in the last year on these forums. I can't believe that someone of your magnitude, who had ended up on many detrimental levels of distress, managed to pull yourself together and realize what truly has to been done and the reality that school is a privilege and that you are privileged.

I am very impressed with the fact that you've called school a privilege, because in truth, it really is. It is one of the best gifts you can receive in your entire life, and to realize that is an act of maturity. You sir, have went from a juvenile, confused, adolescent, to a clear, contextual young man. Your story was touching to read and I hope that you correct everything you've done in the past and live a great life.
Thank you, this means alot to me.

RexStar
01-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Wow. I don't know what to say... You're awesome for pulling yourself together...

But then again... A person will only notice the privilege in the things he doesn't have... You where not in a normal school so you realized what a privilege it is...

LOLware
01-30-2016, 01:18 AM
Wow. I don't know what to say... You're awesome for pulling yourself together...

But then again... A person will only notice the privilege in the things he doesn't have... You where not in a normal school so you realized what a privilege it is...

Thanks, and I know... You don't realize what you have until you lose it.