PDA

View Full Version : What language should I take next year?

Havoc
01-29-2016, 09:54 PM
You have to take 2 years of a language class to graduate. I either get to pick German or Spanish. German seems cooler but Spanish is more useful. If it helps, I'm a freshman.

Solsagann
01-29-2016, 10:06 PM
German is harder than Spanish. I've learned both and I can say that German grammar is quite tricky and way more complicated to learn and to master than Spanish. As a comparison, Spanish is as easy to learn as English. Overall if there is one golden rule I could give you to apprehend a language easily, that would be watching movies, series, reading books, news articles, etc in the language you're learning. Of course, you won't understand much, but in most cases you will recognize some words and guess their meanings, you will get used to hearing and reading that language and that will help developing your accent as well as your oral comprehension.

Havoc
01-29-2016, 10:14 PM
German is harder than Spanish. I've learned both and I can say that German grammar is quite tricky and way more complicated to learn and to master than Spanish. As a comparison, Spanish is as easy to learn as English. Overall if there is one golden rule I could give you to apprehend a language easily, that would be watching movies, series, reading books, news articles, etc in the language you're learning. Of course, you won't understand much, but in most cases you will recognize some words and guess their meanings, you will get used to hearing and reading that language and that will help developing your accent as well as your oral comprehension.
Alright, I will take that into mind.

MyLegGuy
01-29-2016, 11:13 PM
Spanish.
greiwgheruiwghruiewhguier

AlexKat
01-29-2016, 11:18 PM
German because why not?

German could be a special language that not everyone can master but try taking the challenge

Anyone can learn Spanish in a snap. But there are a few German speakers in this world. Maybe you can try to learn German and take the challenge

SilversoulX
01-29-2016, 11:23 PM
El español es más fácil de aprender.

Maj3sticturd
01-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Spanish can be very useful as you can travel to some parts of South America without a language barrier. Also, since there are alot of spanish gamers (I find heaps when I game), you can understand what they say

Defuse
01-29-2016, 11:31 PM
German is quite easy, your not speaking a whole sentence with a science word like Übersetzung. It is easy like Ich bin ein Mann?

JOSHIE63
01-29-2016, 11:35 PM
If you are taking it as a requirement for college, choose Spanish. Spanish is quite facile in every aspect minus verbs. I know a bit of German, and it can get rather tricky. If my school offered more than French and Spanish, I would take German.

meowza
01-29-2016, 11:40 PM
I would recommend learning Spanish. It is universally used by most people according to polls.

Spotlight
01-29-2016, 11:53 PM
I took German and it has helped me a ton. I will be going to Germany for college so it wil certainly help me out.

Havoc
01-31-2016, 05:47 PM
I think I am going to take Spanish for 2 years and German for one year.

Comment
01-31-2016, 05:49 PM
German because you can talk to German Shepherds.

Tomas Batkauskas
01-31-2016, 06:07 PM
German cuz nazi

lolgal96
01-31-2016, 06:10 PM
i took german for a year, it was pretty confusing. if you don't continue it you're gonna forget it, seeing as there aren't very many german-americans. spanish, however, can help you seeing as it's a fairly useful language. plus, if you work at a place where you'll be talking to strangers, spanish can help seeing as you WILL be able to use it a lot in the real world. hope this helps. :hat:

LURD
01-31-2016, 06:14 PM
If you're European you should try German, if you're American Spanish will probably be best for you.

DynPlaysGT
01-31-2016, 07:22 PM
Me Gusta Spanish