PDA

View Full Version : It hasn't been a great week for Apple.

Indicative
01-30-2016, 04:53 AM
First, its Safari browser experienced a worldwide outrage Wednesday. On Friday, the company had to recall millions of power adaptors over concern for electric shock. The two-prong, wall-plug adapters affected were designed for use in continental Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Argentina and Brazil.

2015 Sales

iPhone

Final quarter of 2014: 74.5 million iPhones sold
Final quarter of 2015: 74.8 million, up less than 1%.

Apple posted record iPhone sales in the last quarter -- barely.

Demand for the latest iPhone isn't quite as strong as many had hoped. Cook said about 60% of iPhone customers haven't yet upgraded to the iPhone 6 or 6S (or the 6 Plus or 6S Plus).

iPad

2014: 21.4 million iPads sold
2015: 16.1 million, down 25%

iPad sales have fallen for eight straight quarters.

Mac

2014: 5.5 million Macs sold
2015: 5.3 million, down 4%

Wall Street analysts were expecting Apple to sell a record 6 million Macs. PC sales fell broadly last quarter, but Apple had been bucking the overall trend.

revelrous
01-30-2016, 05:45 AM
Sucks to be you, Apple.

I can kinda see why sales would go down, though. They're not making their new products any much better than their previous ones, and hardly at all in terms of base functionality. And of course, people finally learning to buy an actual PC over a Mac.

BoredSozes
01-30-2016, 05:57 AM
That's pretty sad. I think iphones as a whole will go downhill though, with more cost-effective brands from China but with comparable functionality...

mrthadawee
01-30-2016, 06:00 AM
Good, Apple deserves a loss because they've been comfortably making huge profits for too long. Also they havr the audacity to push their own political agenda along with their marketing campaign. (you'll find that a lot of big companies do that now).

Enjoy your sweatshop tier phone. And if the charger blows up in your face. Don't come crying to me :^)

(British plug sockets are superior in every way tbh)

BoredSozes
01-30-2016, 06:02 AM
Good, Apple deserves a loss because they've been comfortably making huge profits for too long. Also they havr the audacity to push their own political agenda along with their marketing campaign. (you'll find that a lot of big companies do that now).

Enjoy your sweatshop tier phone. And if the charger blows up in your face. Don't come crying to me :^)

Yeah their products are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.

bluemtndew
01-30-2016, 06:03 AM

You sound pretty... mean.

BoredSozes
01-30-2016, 06:06 AM
I think apple products are really nice though. Great design~ Just waaay overpriced.

Punch
01-30-2016, 06:08 AM
Apple is great IMO. But the price is just..uhh..

bluemtndew
01-30-2016, 06:11 AM
Apple is great IMO. But the price is just..uhh..

The only reason I purchase apple products is because I enjoy jailbreaking.

If jailbreaking wasn't a thing I doubt many people would purchase an iPhone because of how limiting it is. Then again I'm probably overestimating how much the average Apple costumer cares.

ILimeGreen
01-30-2016, 06:13 AM
Meh I'll still always use apple.

mrthadawee
01-30-2016, 06:16 AM
Yeah their products are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.
They are. Costs them like $5 to make a phone, they sell it for like $700 or something...

You sound pretty... mean.

And you sound pretty... Median. :^)

*BADUM TSST*

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason I purchase apple products is because I enjoy jailbreaking.

If jailbreaking wasn't a thing I doubt many people would purchase an iPhone because of how limiting it is. Then again I'm probably overestimating how much the average Apple costumer cares.

Get an Android and root it. MUCH MORE FUN AND GAMES!!!

xlightswitch
01-30-2016, 06:17 AM
They are. Costs them like $5 to make a phone, they sell it for like $700 or something...

And you sound pretty... Median. :^)

*BADUM TSST*

- - - Updated - - -

Get an Android and root it. MUCH MORE FUN AND GAMES!!!
What about me? People say that I'm pretty Mode.

Aram Sevag
01-30-2016, 06:22 AM
Yea you'll start being bored after upgrading an iphone 7 times

ULTRA ASIAN
01-30-2016, 06:32 AM
I prefer Apple lol.
Hopefully their sales goes down so much that their price will as well.

I have
-jailbroken iPad 3
-jailbroken iPad Air 2
-Rooted Samsung idk what model
-Rooted Dads Samsung.

Indicative
01-30-2016, 07:30 AM
Yea you'll start being bored after upgrading an iphone 7 times

"When you don't change anything else, change the color" - Apple

Much wow.

TrishaxKris
01-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Apple has the thickest phones but the thinnest battery life...

GO ANDROIIDDD!!!!!!!

PerTehDoh
01-30-2016, 07:59 AM
What about me? People say that I'm pretty Mode.

Honestly... this joke is getting out of range :D MATH JOKES FTW!

Kranken
01-30-2016, 08:09 AM
I'll still use apple. If you don't have a phone to play, but rather actually use it then Apple is the best for you.

I just love how clean and organized everything is. The looks of an iPhone are way better than a samsung. I use iPhones because of the looks and the design of the system.

Imo iPhone > every other phone

Updated
01-30-2016, 10:10 AM
Nokia FTW

!!!!!!!!!"!

xlightswitch
01-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Apple has the thickest phones but the thinnest battery life...

GO ANDROIIDDD!!!!!!!
Apple has the thickest phones? Have you seen other phones? Ignorance really is a bliss.

XDCorez
01-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Yep, its a bad day for Apple.
Sucks to be you, Apple.
Overpriced phones? Git gud pls Apple.

- - - Updated - - -

Nokia FTW

!!!!!!!!!"!
Yes, Nokia ftw

Indicative
01-30-2016, 03:34 PM
Nokia FTW

!!!!!!!!!"!

Nokia 3310, anyone?

genpasaporte922
01-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Nokia 3310, anyone?

Nokias are awesome, they can't cause cracks on its screens when dropped, while Apple.... every drop needs an every visit on an authorized service provider...

Dinobones62
01-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Apple was always a expensive load of garbage anyway.

TotallyExtra
01-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Yes mi iphone camera just spoil help meh ...

Defuse
01-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Yes mi iphone camera just spoil help meh ...that's not something to fix ourselfs, its something you have to fix.

BadDevilGT
01-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Meh I'll still always use apple.

Same. 10 chars

Boomer
01-30-2016, 03:58 PM
Why would we want to buy something from Apple when Android has more features? Just wait, in around a year Apple will start advertising virtual reality items when Android introduced them last month.

People are finally realizing Apple isn't anything special.

TotallyExtra
01-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Why would we want to buy something from Apple when Android has more features? Just wait, in around a year Apple will start advertising virtual reality items when Android introduced them last month.

People are finally realizing Apple isn't anything special.

But I feel that it's vv hard to use android... I feel that iphone is more simple

Pointer
01-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Apple purposely made their phone to break in a single drop for more $$$. It's marketing strategy. They are very good in marketing, that's why alot of people wanted to buy their products. Because of it's name, its symbol ( some thinks you are rich if you own Apple products.. )

Let's just end this argument. Take a SAMPLE ( SAMSUNG + APPLE )

Applez
01-30-2016, 04:59 PM
tfw you think someone made a thread about u

thegamer381
01-30-2016, 05:33 PM
Good, Apple deserves a loss because they've been comfortably making huge profits for too long. Also they have the audacity to push their own political agenda along with their marketing campaign. (you'll find that a lot of big companies do that now).

I was going to say something similar to this. I agree 101%!

ParkourDevil
01-30-2016, 06:06 PM
They sell overpriced products that are made out of cheap parts.

Lollipopper
01-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Great. Android shall rule The world.

Amen.❤ 10 chars

Updated
01-31-2016, 01:50 AM
I'll use apple devices if they sold it for a cheaper value which is most likely not going to happen.

BTW if you use apple just because it's trending or you think that it makes you look fab, please go to heaven ASAP.

tfw you think someone made a thread about u

hahahahahahahahahahahhah

Eviil
01-31-2016, 01:59 AM
Nokia FTW

!!!!!!!!!"!

Not much apps in the store imo :sweatdrop: If they at least added some android apps/games I would agree xD.