PDA

View Full Version : Days.

SlaSHadow
09-08-2013, 05:45 AM
We oftentimes don't think about the length of a day. 24 hours, 1,440 minutes 88,400 seconds. We grow old. First, minutes seem shorter. Then hours. Days pass us by quickly, and months begin to feel as if they were weeks. At some point, years feel as if they are nothing, you have lived so many, after all. But sometimes, days, and weeks, and years, can feel longer. Why? It varies from person to person, adult to child. We may have hit a rough patch. Maybe you're trying to live the year as long as you can.

But one thing is certain. You will wake up most days, and one day, you won't. We should learn to cherish our days, as if we had no more. I present a quote from John Darnielle from The Mountain Goats: "We'll treat the days as if they'd kill us if they could.". It's important to think that way. Life is not forever, but you can try to make the most out of it as you can.

So, after 20,044,800 seconds, 334,080 minutes, 5568 hours 232 days, 33 weeks, and nearly 8 months, thank you for the good times. Thank you for the bad times. Thanks for the suggestions, disagreements, arguments, and friendships. Special thanks to the *REDACTED*, you know who you are!

Thank you all for making threads. Thank you for making posts. Thank you all for making me a Master Sorcerer.

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 05:50 AM
We oftentimes don't think about the length of a day. 24 hours, 1,440 minutes 88,400 seconds. We grow old. First, minutes seem shorter. Then hours. Days pass us by quickly, and months begin to feel as if they were weeks. At some point, years feel as if they are nothing, you have lived so many, after all. But sometimes, days, and weeks, and years, can feel longer. Why? It varies from person to person, adult to child. We may have hit a rough patch. Maybe you're trying to live the year as long as you can.

But one thing is certain. You will wake up most days, and one day, you won't. We should learn to cherish our days, as if we had no more. I present a quote from John Darnielle from The Mountain Goats: "We'll treat the days as if they'd kill us if they could.". It's important to think that way. Life is not forever, but you can try to make the most out of it as you can.

So, after 20,044,800 seconds, 334,080 minutes, 5568 hours 232 days, 33 weeks, and nearly 8 months, thank you for the good times. Thank you for the bad times. Thanks for the suggestions, disagreements, arguments, and friendships. Special thanks to the *REDACTED*, you know who you are!

Thank you all for making threads. Thank you for making posts. Thank you all for making me a Master Sorcerer.

Thats a pretty go-round-the-circle way of saying "YAY I'M MASTER SORCERER!", but I don't care since the speech is too good.

SlaSHadow
09-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Thats a pretty go-round-the-circle way of saying "YAY I'M MASTER SORCERER!", but I don't care since the speech is too good.

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I'm an amateur writer. I felt like doing this after getting 500 in 8 months while some people have quadruple that in 6. Or worse, almost 500 in less than 3 months. In my opinion, I could post a thread about it. I don't spam, and I don't post on every thread. If I wanted to, I could have 3,000. But I don't, so yeah.

optimuswhat
09-08-2013, 06:11 AM
When I read that, I felt like you we're giving a speech on life. Then Master Sorcerer came up.
I still think it's a speech about life.

GoonCrafter
09-08-2013, 06:18 AM
What i read simplified: Live every day like it could be your last, cause we come closer to death with every passing second.

All in all, this is far better than writing,
"OMGZ, i is a mazter zorcerer!!!"
"This is my 500th post!!! YAY!!"
"I AM A MASTER SCOCERER :wave::eek::prophet::sweatdrop: (Continual spamming of the same/random emoticons)"

Congrats on the title, tho it'll take me another 8 months to reach it...

minha1234
09-08-2013, 06:23 AM
That's a marvelous speech. Congratulations, you achieved the rank of Master Sorcerer in nearly 8 months, while spending almost every one of your posts (if not all) wisely, without spam. It's a great achievement. Keep it up, I enjoy reading your posts.

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Well i read that post as mostly a thanks to the community, and then you all come and bash him... Lol

We didn't bash him...
Misinterpretation is bad.

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Lol it wasnt a big bashing but think about it.

Imagine you made a speech thanking people and then someone you thanked said "yea that speech was pointless you just wanna show off you were master sorcer (or whatever it is, imagine anything else there besides master sorcerer)

You wouldnt feel to great huh?

Maybe bash wasnt the right word but you could have written something kinder to someone thanking YOU.

If you actually took the time to read all the comments you would know that none of them says "YOU SUCK SHOWING OFF BEING MASTER SORCERER".
Told you.

IAmABrodie
09-08-2013, 06:51 AM
This sir, was amazing.
You take your time, and you write out your posts and threads carefully. And not to mention 20+ Times a day. You earned this title by posting helpful and thoughtful things occasionally, where as some people (Not saying any names) literally earned it in 3 days.

Not only did you earn the achievement, but you also told us in a way never (Have I) seen before. You wrote out this long, eight line speech that was magnificent. Not many people can notice this simple fact, let alone accept it.

When I first noticed this, I asked myself "What am I doing with my life?" though I was only 13. I thought about this for days. Then the days turned into weeks, then weeks into months, and months to years. And in all that time I was thinking the same question "What am I doing with my life, and then it hit me. I was wasting every second of my life, not by pursuing a wrong future, but by continually revolving my life around the single question. The only thing I was doing wrong was worrying about that question. When I finally accepted this I asked myself "What do I want to do with my life?".

Well that's just my story.. Congrats SlaSHadow.

optimuswhat
09-08-2013, 09:09 AM
2 words:

Arrogant and Ignorant.

Now now, let's not argue here, 'Kay?

CreaterZ
09-08-2013, 10:00 AM
2 words:

Arrogant and Ignorant.

Still misinterpreting me and now personal attacking me.
Mmmhk.