PDA

View Full Version : How good is this pc

Updated
02-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Processor: AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.70GHz
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
RAM: 4GB (I think that this amount of RAM is not really bad)

tyty

ambiguster
02-01-2016, 10:47 AM
AMD a8?! 4 Ram?!

Thats really good bro.

U can play certain games in really good FPS (y)

(mines is like yours, except im AMD E1 2GB ram :cry:
I cant even play Terraria nor Growtopia in maximum FPS)

Updated
02-01-2016, 10:49 AM
if this pc is really good,
man my mother is so lucky at random picking laptops omg

craft3d
02-01-2016, 11:09 PM

tyty

Your computer is alright, but judging from the CPU it is a mobile chip which is on a laptop.

I mean, the CPU's IPC is low and the clock speed is pretty low, your manufacturing process probably doesn't mean much here but it's AMD so probably 32 or something.

For the GPU, I mean iGPU, meh, if you have higher clocked RAM, it'll be good for low end gaming but if it's not like 2400 MHz or something it'll be bottlenecked by your RAM speeds.

And the OS is good, you can upgrade to 8GB and even 16GB, but that's overkill for a laptop of this specification.

In more basic terms, your computer is alright but it is not the best and probably the most intensive game you could play is something like Just Cause 2 on low with a mix of medium settings.

- - - Updated - - -

1.70 Ghz is not that good, most triple A games need 2-3 GHZ
4 GB ram is okay though not sure if handy with 64 bit...

Depends on the processor's internals.

For example:

If you had a 3.5GHZ Dual Core Processor with/without HyperThreading (basically meaning virtualization of 2 extra cores to make it seem like it is a Quad Core)

OR

If you had a 2.4 GHz Quad Core Processor with/without HyperThreading

The obvious choice would be the Quad Core, because it could handle more tasks, and with new APIs being released, optimization for more cores will benefit you.

So your clock speed matters, but the internals matter more.

Also, 4GB is not gaming ready, and even though his computer could support up to 16GB (inferring it is a 64-bit based OS), there wouldn't be a whole lot of improvement worth upgrading for.

- - - Updated - - -

AMD a8?! 4 Ram?!

Thats really good bro.

U can play certain games in really good FPS (y)

Ehh...

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-5545M+APU

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zxRQyKtz6-Y/maxresdefault.jpg

http://cross-coretech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/AMD-A10-5750M-Benchmark.png

http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/test/88/8883/ZBOX-nano-AQ02-PLUS-gpgd.jpg

Tweety6ird
02-01-2016, 11:13 PM

tyty

Not bad at all. Might be bit buggy if you play games higher-end games. Ram isn't bad, although I'd recommend at least 8GB if you're gaming on it. Processors aren't that bad; for regular games. Don't expect to run Battlefield on it, but Growtopia will world just fine ;).

What is the purpose of it? Is it for gaming or leisure/school?
For gaming, its decent, and for school its excellent!

Updated
02-02-2016, 03:28 AM
Meh, I'm not going to play games though

inkorrect
02-02-2016, 03:40 AM
LMAO 1.7 GHZ

PLS

EQG
02-02-2016, 03:57 AM
LMAO 1.7 GHZ

PLS

Mean.. But dead LOOOOOOOOOL :yeah:

SuperJ
02-02-2016, 04:02 AM
Pretty decent. Not a PC for big games like GTA though. But it will still work on most games.

orangemoose
02-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Should be able to use MS word without lag :rolleyes:

Conan
02-03-2016, 05:25 AM
Processor: Decent, don't play CS:GO on it. Mine is 2.4GHZ

RAM: Go die, 64bit needs at least 8GB. Best is to install 32 bit Windows. Save your RAM.
really?
I use 64bit and i only have 2gb ram
theres almost nothing different between x86 and x64 in terms of memory usage

- - - Updated - - -

@craft3d
manufacturing process doesnt really mean anything (unpess you're talking about heat output blablabla)
ram speed isnt something to be worried about unless you really need low latency (compute stuff) also dont just get higher clocked ram since not all motherboards support higher clock ram
1333-1600mhz is actually more than enough for gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperthreading is not virtualization of cores
it just allows 2 threads to run on one core (more of a queue system.)
oh and x64 os has nothing to do with the maximum ram
it actually depends on the cpu and chipset
(i have an old pc which i run win8.1 x64 and its max ram is 4gb according to acer)

Maj3sticturd
02-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Im not 100% with pcs, but I do know that with solid state, your computer boots up in like 6 seconds, combined with windows 7, this is a beast pc

MinecraftArcher2
02-03-2016, 11:30 AM
seems like a gun pc (Awesome)

i wanna get a alienware laptop for gaming but i gotta save up D:

DynPlaysGT
02-03-2016, 08:02 PM

How the heck? I have an ancient laptop with only 1GB of RAM. Growtopia runs super smooth, and Terraria is almost lagless for me.

bluemtndew
02-03-2016, 08:06 PM
seems like a gun pc (Awesome)

i wanna get a alienware laptop for gaming but i gotta save up D:
Yeah... about that... don't.

lsaac2
02-03-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm on an Intel i5 - 5200U CPU @ 2.20 GHz

With 8GB ram, 64 bit

This is a laptop btw, is that good?

craft3d
02-03-2016, 10:57 PM
really?
I use 64bit and i only have 2gb ram
theres almost nothing different between x86 and x64 in terms of memory usage

- - - Updated - - -

@craft3d
manufacturing process doesnt really mean anything (unpess you're talking about heat output blablabla)
ram speed isnt something to be worried about unless you really need low latency (compute stuff) also dont just get higher clocked ram since not all motherboards support higher clock ram
1333-1600mhz is actually more than enough for gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperthreading is not virtualization of cores
it just allows 2 threads to run on one core (more of a queue system.)
oh and x64 os has nothing to do with the maximum ram
it actually depends on the cpu and chipset
(i have an old pc which i run win8.1 x64 and its max ram is 4gb according to acer)

Well the RAM clockspeed does matter for the APU, as it uses the allocated memory for VRAM, so the higher the clockspeed, the faster the RAM can be accessed and ran.

Hyperthreading I got confused a bit, sorry, you're right.

64 bit OS can have some impact, but it can be the type of CPU and chipset as well, like you've said. It is mainly due to the age.

Conan
02-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Well the RAM clockspeed does matter for the APU, as it uses the allocated memory for VRAM, so the higher the clockspeed, the faster the RAM can be accessed and ran.

Hyperthreading I got confused a bit, sorry, you're right.

64 bit OS can have some impact, but it can be the type of CPU and chipset as well, like you've said. It is mainly due to the age.

I doubt there is some impact. Well if there is, the advantage over x86 would prevail. (You can run x86 apps on x64 but not vice versa)

Unless he's gonna run graphic intensive apps, he doesn't need higher clocked ram. Most laptop chipsets support up to 1333mhz only.

craft3d
02-04-2016, 01:37 AM
I doubt there is some impact. Well if there is, the advantage over x86 would prevail. (You can run x86 apps on x64 but not vice versa)

Unless he's gonna run graphic intensive apps, he doesn't need higher clocked ram. Most laptop chipsets support up to 1333mhz only.

Ah, well that makes sense.

Also, I think this video would prove that higher clocked RAM on a APU would benefit it, but I've realized it's a laptop motherboard, so it's pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv57qDXpEPU

Conan
02-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Ah, well that makes sense.

Also, I think this video would prove that higher clocked RAM on a APU would benefit it, but I've realized it's a laptop motherboard, so it's pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv57qDXpEPU

Who even uses APUs nowadays?
Graphic cards are getting cheaper .-. (Even those GT730 are comparable to APUs and even better .-.)