PDA

View Full Version : Persuasive Speech

xlightswitch
02-02-2016, 09:04 AM
How do I write a good and effective persuasive speech? It's for my graded assignment. Give me tips, please. ):

Maj3sticturd
02-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Keep it in dot points, get to the main point of the argument, not run round the bush, and keep it easy to understand but with complex vocabulary

Mijuki04
02-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Wow, we just discussed that yesterday. Based from my teacher, persuasive essays means to convince. Yours is about speeches mine is about essays. Uh, just make a speech to convince people.

xlightswitch
02-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Wow, we just discussed that yesterday. Based from my teacher, persuasive essays means to convince. Yours is about speeches mine is about essays. Uh, just make a speech to convince people.
Yes, I know that.

JOSHIE63
02-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Essays or speeches?

Essays need to be lengthy but not verbose. The points should seem well-developed and not rushed, using anecdotes or other literary techniques to better appeal to the reader.

Speeches are the opposite. Stringent ideas need to be made and only mildly elaborated upon. If the vocabulary is not simple and the points not succinct, people will stop listening.

xlightswitch
02-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Essays or speeches?

Essays need to be lengthy but not verbose. The points should seem well-developed and not rushed, using anecdotes or other literary techniques to better appeal to the reader.

Speeches are the opposite. Stringent ideas need to be made and only mildly elaborated upon. If the vocabulary is not simple and the points not succinct, people will stop listening.
I admire your vocabulary.

Thanks you guys, I can now start writing my speech.

Divine+
02-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Pathos is paramount. Literary devices can impact people. If this is an advocacy speech, try using Monroe's Motivated Sequence

MinecraftArcher2
02-03-2016, 12:00 PM
if your saying it aloud then you got to be confident, dont show any shyness etc in ur face, have facial expression and on important parts change tone of voice
eye contact, and use dot points, helps get it together
good luck

TrishaxKris
02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Persuasive SPEECH?

Well, I always use this format:

Introduction

Body ( With reasons in order to allow the audience to believe in your opinion )

Conclusion ( Gather all of the reasons into one tiny pack of words )

Example:

Bubble gum should be banned

Bubble gum bla bla bla

The reasons are....

Bubble gum is unhealthy

Bubble gum is sticky

Bubble gum has 9 letters in it which when you divide it by 3 equals 3 sides of a triangle which means it's Illuminati.

Conclusion, bubble gum is evil

That's just an example, don't use it or else you'll flunk your speech.