PDA

View Full Version : Year 11 is already hectic

GummiBear64
02-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Tomorrow is one week of Year 11 and I've already received a prodigious amount of homework.
Every Monday, we have three classes.
Every Tuesday, we have three different classes.
Every Wednesday, we have all six classes.
Every Thursday, we have the same three classes as Monday.
Every Friday, we have the same three classes as Tuesday.

Right, so, I get homework on Monday that's due Wednesday. I get homework on Tuesday that's due Wednesday. I get homework on Wednesday that's due on Thursday or Friday, depending on the class.
I get homework on Thursday that's due on Monday and homework on Friday that's due on Tuesday. However, seeing as I get homework for every class, every time I have it, I can not seem to finish homework the night I get it which leaves me with excess homework the following night which is then due the following day.
The homework that hindered my progression the most was Year 11 Maths.

So, any tips or advice from people who are I or have done Year 11 — how do I get on top of all my homework? I've gone a flipping week without any sort of gaming, this isn't normal. :(

>inb4 don't do homework xd
>inb4 who needs games
>inb4 stop complaining
>inb4 lmao hi

Lionex01
02-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Don't cry over not gaming as much, and manage your time more effectively, maybe use a timetable. If your peers can do it, then so can you.

However, if the problem lies in you not being smart enough(which i hope isn't the case[because smart people can finish the homework quickly]) then you might want to speak to your teacher.

GummiBear64
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Don't cry over not gaming as much, and manage your time more effectively, maybe use a timetable.

I'm actual not mad about not being able to play games, I threw it in there as a joke.
As for the effective use of time, I literally get home at approximately 4 and do homework until 8:30 then I pack it up and kms because I can't think.

In regards to your ninja edit, I'm not dumb. I understand what I'm doing but when you have to skim through a 600 page textbook to find out how many votes the House of Representatives need because the question doesn't give you a rough guess of the page number, it takes up all your time.

Punch
02-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Do your homework at recess, at your car when you're going home, don't even think of gaming, I limit myself with 45 minutes of gaming (which turned to 4 hours, horrible, I know), you can also do it if some extremely OP people can!

Lionex01
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm actual not mad about not being able to play games, I threw it in there as a joke.
As for the effective use of time, I literally get home at approximately 4 and do homework until 8:30 then I pack it up and kms because I can't think.

When school officially starts for me i'll be reaching home at around 4-5pm, on days when i have CCAs i might reach at 6-7. Doing homework will get me into bed at around 11-12. I have to wake up at 5 45-6 the next day.

I'll be doing this for the next two years. I think we're the same age. Deal with it, know what you want in life, and with the understanding that this is but a step towards your goal, strive through it.

GummiBear64
02-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Do your homework at recess, at your car when you're going home, don't even think of gaming, I limit myself with 45 minutes of gaming (which turned to 4 hours, horrible, I know), you can also do it if some extremely OP people can!

I don't even think about gaming — that was included as a joke as I didn't want the thread to seem too serious. I understand that school is more important than gaming.
I can't do my homework in the car because I need a large, quite area to concentrate and have two-three books open up in.
The moment my homework is done however, the games do come out albeit it not being very often.

Keep in mind, I'm doing some of the hardest classes...

- - - Updated - - -

When school officially starts for me i'll be reaching home at around 4-5pm, on days when i have CCAs i might reach at 6-7. Doing homework will get me into bed at around 11-12. I have to wake up at 5 45-6 the next day.

I'll be doing this for the next two years. I think we're the same age. Deal with it, know what you want in life, and with the understanding that this is but a step towards your goal, strive through it.

My mother is legitimately like "oi fam, you got to be in bed by 10. i dont care how much homework you have left."
Anyway, I find it difficult to concentrate for long periods of time when I have a mother watching TV really loud and a brother watching youtube really loud in the exact same room as me — the only room I can do my work in.

Punch
02-03-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't even think about gaming — that was included as a joke as I didn't want the thread to seem too serious. I understand that school is more important than gaming.
I can't do my homework in the car because I need a large, quite area to concentrate and have two-three books open up in.
The moment my homework is done however, the games do come out albeit it not being very often.

Keep in mind, I'm doing some of the hardest classes...

- - - Updated - - -

My mother is legitimately like "oi fam, you got to be in bed by 10. i dont care how much homework you have left."
Anyway, I find it difficult to concentrate for long periods of time when I have a mother watching TV really loud and a brother watching youtube really loud in the exact same room as me — the only room I can do my work in.

IDK, but I usually arrive home at 6, and finish my homework at 8, sleeps at 9/10.

|ThyLuigi|
02-09-2016, 02:29 AM
Use the table of contents when looking for stuff in books.

Yes, I know I answered all your troubles.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 02:32 AM
Tomorrow is one week of Year 11 and I've already received a prodigious amount of homework.
Every Monday, we have three classes.
Every Tuesday, we have three different classes.
Every Wednesday, we have all six classes.
Every Thursday, we have the same three classes as Monday.
Every Friday, we have the same three classes as Tuesday.

Right, so, I get homework on Monday that's due Wednesday. I get homework on Tuesday that's due Wednesday. I get homework on Wednesday that's due on Thursday or Friday, depending on the class.
I get homework on Thursday that's due on Monday and homework on Friday that's due on Tuesday. However, seeing as I get homework for every class, every time I have it, I can not seem to finish homework the night I get it which leaves me with excess homework the following night which is then due the following day.
The homework that hindered my progression the most was Year 11 Maths.

So, any tips or advice from people who are I or have done Year 11 — how do I get on top of all my homework? I've gone a flipping week without any sort of gaming, this isn't normal. :(

>inb4 don't do homework xd
>inb4 who needs games
>inb4 stop complaining
>inb4 lmao hi
I'm close to ending my Junior year but I Highly suggest that you prioritize your homework first then have some free time. Make sure that your'e in an environment that allows you to focus. Try doing your homework before it's due don't wait till the end to do it. Everything will be hard but if you motivate yourself to keep going the guide of determination will bring you to success.

LyveWyre
02-09-2016, 02:48 AM
I don't understand the Australian school system...but it is probably better than the Canadian's lenient version.

ImAPogo
02-09-2016, 05:42 AM
So what is Year 11?

Is it like 11 years old...

or what?

Kranken
02-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Just study on daytime and play games when it is night. Who needs sleep, right?

|ThyLuigi|
02-09-2016, 10:40 PM
So what is Year 11?

Is it like 11 years old...

or what?

16-17 year olds
Junior in highschool
11th Grade
ect

Azraela
02-11-2016, 09:45 PM
I just did the homework in the class so I never had to do anything at home xD. When I knew they wouldn't check if everyone had done their homework, I didn't do them. I think I did like 30% of all the homework I got in high school and I rarely got caught not doing them. I don't think my grades were bad at all xD.

Anyways I learn and remember stuff easily just by listening in the class, just do the homework if you feel you need it and most importantly, don't listen to me.