PDA

View Full Version : How is this computer?

Spotlight
02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
I don't know much about computers, so I need your advice.
How is this computer, and what games could it play?

Intel Core I3-4030u CPU @ 1.9GHZ, 1.9GHZ

6GB Ram

64-bit operating system, x64 Based Processor

Thanks!

peck
02-04-2016, 05:32 PM
The better question is what games would you want to play, there are a ton out there so it would be difficult to name all of the playable games you would care about.
Whats the video card if using one? It seems like you're looking at a laptop. All laptops are bad for gaming even if its were the "best gaming laptop of 2016!" They all have low battery life at extra expense.

Spotlight
02-04-2016, 08:25 PM
The better question is what games would you want to play, there are a ton out there so it would be difficult to name all of the playable games you would care about.
Whats the video card if using one? It seems like you're looking at a laptop. All laptops are bad for gaming even if its were the "best gaming laptop of 2016!" They all have low battery life at extra expense.

Yea, it's a laptop. I blindly bought it for school for around $450. Very nice looking and feeling, and works well.
It's been able to run TF2 and similar games, but I was wondering if it could play stuff similar to Fallout New Vegas. I'll see if it has a video card.

Areodax
02-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Not bad, though I have 2.50 GHz and 4GB RAM on mine.

Shiruka
02-04-2016, 09:52 PM
What's the graphics card? Exact numbers and specs pls.

craft3d
02-04-2016, 10:31 PM
I don't know much about computers, so I need your advice.
How is this computer, and what games could it play?

Intel Core I3-4030u CPU @ 1.9GHZ, 1.9GHZ

6GB Ram

64-bit operating system, x64 Based Processor

Thanks!

I'm going to go and assume it has Intel HD Graphics as it is $450, so it could run New Vegas, as my previous craptop could. If you just want to play those two games or lower end games, you can, just not at the highest end graphics as Intel HD Graphics has so little graphics memory allocated for usage. The OS doesn't matter, as you have 6GB so you can expand it to 16GB but I see honestly no point as it won't aid you too much to be worth the money.

But, if it's just for school work and lower end games, like previously mentioned, it'll be good enough. Not for high end gaming though

- - - Updated - - -

You are so right about laptops. Man, there is probably 2 on the entire market that have battery lives over 10 hours, even with "wowowowo uber titan X sli high end gaming i7 6700k so much perfomance 64Gb ddr4 wew". I don't give a frak about that stuff, the dependability. and usability matter most.