PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather...?

LyveWyre
02-05-2016, 10:52 PM
The title probably mislead you a little, considering "Would you rather?" is a game, but I have a question...

You're reading a really good book series, and you are attached to the main character, but for the sake of having a dramatic and good story, would you prefer:

A) The main character is a martyr (a person who dies for their cause), and in this case, succeeds with their "mission".

OR

B) The main character lives successful with their "mission", and has a wonderful and normal life again until death.

PolarisHD
02-05-2016, 10:55 PM
I prefer B because I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Acrystic
02-05-2016, 10:55 PM
The title probably mislead you a little, considering "Would you rather?" is a game, but I have a question...

You're reading a really good book series, and you are attached to the main character, but for the sake of having a dramatic and good story, would you prefer:

A) The main character is a martyr (a person who does for their cause), and in this case, succeeds with their "mission".

OR

B) The main character lives successful with their "mission", and has a wonderful and normal life again until death.

Lol, I like you're post, but I'm very confused on how you thought of these two choices. :/

LyveWyre
02-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Lol, I like you're post, but I'm very confused on how you thought of these two choices. :/

Legitimately the only two options of a story's ending, unless it ends controversially (like the characters fate is undecided and it is up the reader to interpret).

AlexKat
02-05-2016, 10:57 PM
b because why not

i have one
would you rather lick a hobo's foot or
kiss your same gender

Chocolatte
02-05-2016, 11:41 PM
A) If only because I end up a hot mess on the floor. At least I know it was enjoyable. Until I burst into tears yet again.

Acrystic
02-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Legitimately the only two options of a story's ending, unless it ends controversially (like the characters fate is undecided and it is up the reader to interpret).

I reread that about 16 times, then finally got it. My brain wouldn't interpret it, lol.

Indicative
02-06-2016, 01:20 AM
C) The main character get killed.

Acrystic
02-06-2016, 01:23 AM

Why such a sad ending, make it a happy ending :c

LyveWyre
02-06-2016, 12:41 PM

That would be option B...

ImAPogo
02-06-2016, 12:51 PM
C.He failed his mission

LyveWyre
02-07-2016, 11:48 AM
C.He failed his mission

I didn't offer this!

Updated
02-07-2016, 02:10 PM
none of the above. I choose option c. The story never existed in the first place.

There is always this one guy

|ThyLuigi|
02-07-2016, 05:35 PM
C.
The main character is a villain and takes over the world as an emperor.

RevTheSquid
02-07-2016, 06:05 PM
A, Mainly because of my taste in books. Id rather have action leading until their death instead of maybe some action and a period of peaceful times the death.
Its all up to personality tho

LyveWyre
02-07-2016, 11:06 PM
C.

That isn't how my story works, the main character needs to end corruption!

RexStar
02-07-2016, 11:19 PM
A.
Happy endings r 4 the weak. don't hurt meh...
No but seriously A is the more interesting choose... Tho a twist at the ending is always better... I mean the 2 endings r so common... Be more unique m8.

Rush
02-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I like my in-depth characters to live because if they die at the end, it feels like everything he/she does is wasted. Because he/she is dead. :c

Also F E E L S .

Eviil
02-08-2016, 12:36 AM
I prefer B because I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Me too, I'd rather see peaceful normal days of a main character's life than something the show/book calls "new."

LyveWyre
02-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Me too, I'd rather see peaceful normal days of a main character's life than something the show/book calls "new."

I wouldn't consider it "new", but rather shamed back in the older literary days considering people longed and only knew happy endings. Publishers and authors had some belief that there was some specific "chart" to how a story was plotted (this was commonly used for novels such as The Lord of the Rings) and was defeated by a "sad ending".

|ThyLuigi|
02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
C.

That isn't how my story works, the main character needs to end corruption!

K, as president.