PDA

View Full Version : Life Help D:

ModSim
02-09-2016, 07:49 PM
I am 15, and I have very many mental issues. I suffer from severe chronic depression, many cases of anxiety, anger issues, ect. My friend also suffers from severe depression and I am worried for her. I am honestly one of those people who don't really care about anything, but I can't help myself but to be worried about her. I want to help her out with it because she has shown me very scary things. Alas, because of my several issues, I don't know how I can help her. Please give me ideas on how to cheer her up.

-- ModSim

just one growtopian
02-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Do something cool together, show that you care about her

Dice
02-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Go to a therapist and get help.

ModSim
02-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Go to a therapist and get help.

I already do get help, but I really want her to. She says she would be emarrassed, but that is a verrrryyyy bad thing.

Kranken
02-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Buy her something nice as a token of friendship. Valentines day is coming up, really soon. Do something together on that day.

ModSim
Do something cool together, show that you care about her

I met her on the internet like 3 years ago. I am moving to Canada in like 3 years so maybe we can still meet up.

Dice
I already do get help, but I really want her to. She says she would be emarrassed, but that is a verrrryyyy bad thing.

Use force, or help of grown ups.

ModSim
02-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Buy her something nice as a token of friendship. Valentines day is coming up, really soon. Do something together on that day.

I don't live anywhere near her. I could still send her something though

Dice
02-09-2016, 08:42 PM
I met her on the internet like 3 years ago. I am moving to Canada in like 3 years so maybe we can still meet up.

Wait, over the internet? Lmao. She shouldn't be your problem.

ModSim
02-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Wait, over the internet? Lmao. She shouldn't be your problem.

But I really care about her. I'm a nice person, and I'm not just gonna sit by and let her kill herself...

Dice
02-09-2016, 08:46 PM
But I really care about her. I'm a nice person, and I'm not just gonna sit by and let her kill herself...

There's thousands of teenage girls whose lives are "SO HARD" so they say they will commit suicide. This is just another one, let her grow up.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 08:49 PM
I am 15, and I have very many mental issues. I suffer from severe chronic depression, many cases of anxiety, anger issues, ect. My friend also suffers from severe depression and I am worried for her. I am honestly one of those people who don't really care about anything, but I can't help myself but to be worried about her. I want to help her out with it because she has shown me very scary things. Alas, because of my several issues, I don't know how I can help her. Please give me ideas on how to cheer her up.

-- ModSim
If you feel that you have the power to maker her better. You have to connect yourself with her which requires you to understand the source of her depression. You must decide on what to do I cannot give you options, but One thing I can tell you is that with ones heart comes one's inner thoughts. She may be depressed but their is always a way to get her feelings out of her Detachment. If both of you keep having the issue I advice you to see a counselor of some type. Best of Luck-Metalwire

MxdiGT
02-09-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't know much about this, but I suggest you and your friend call the national suicide prevention life line. I'm pretty sure they'll help her and you as well (:

ModSim
02-09-2016, 08:51 PM
There's thousands of teenage girls whose lives are "SO HARD" so they say they will commit suicide. This is just another one, let her grow up.

Yea, she is faking it sending me photos of the razors she uses, and the cuts all over herself. It's very sh**** of you to talk like that. It does happen a lot, but like I said, I go through the exact same things. She just can't control it.

Chocolatte
02-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Well, if you are willing, may I ask WHY both of you have mental health issues? Is it because of society pressure or some traumatic experience?

ModSim
02-09-2016, 08:52 PM
If you feel that you have the power to maker her better. You have to connect yourself with her which requires you to understand the source of her depression. You must decide on what to do I cannot give you options, but One thing I can tell you is that with ones heart comes one's inner thoughts. She may be depressed but their is always a way to get her feelings out of her Detachment. If both of you keep having the issue I advice you to see a counselor of some type. Best of Luck-Metalwire

I do get help, I encourage her to get help as well, but she says it's too embarrassing. I want to cheer her up and find a way to help her, but I'm just as screwed up as she is.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
I do get help, I encourage her to get help as well, but she says it's too embarrassing. I want to cheer her up and find a way to help her, but I'm just as screwed up as she is.
Why do you have such depression(or similar)?

ModSim
02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Well, if you are willing, may I ask WHY both of you have mental health issues? Is it because of society pressure or some traumatic experience?

I was born with it. She might have been as well, because I don't see why she is depressed. She tells me about how awesome her family and friends are, she is beautiful, they don't struggle with money, she has a nice house, I just don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

^ look above ^ I was born with it.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 08:59 PM
I was born with it. She might have been as well, because I don't see why she is depressed. She tells me about how awesome her family and friends are, she is beautiful, they don't struggle with money, she has a nice house, I just don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

^ look above ^ I was born with it.
As an experienced Adolescent you can control such Anxiety and Depression Correct?

Chocolatte
02-09-2016, 08:59 PM

Maybe she doesn't believe that. To the both of you, my only suggestions are take a deep breath and do something you like. Eat some food, play some games. Don't dwell on the past as much, and look towards the future. Do something kind for people around you. It'll make you feel better in the end.

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:00 PM

As an experienced Adolescent you can control such Anxiety and Depression Correct?

Ok, I can handle mine, it used to get very bad, now when I feel like doing something stupid, I go for a walk.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Ok, I can handle mine, it used to get very bad, now when I feel like doing something stupid, I go for a walk.
And your friend suffers the same/Similar depression? Have ever asked her why is she in such mood of hopelessness? Did you every tell her about your experience with Depression?

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Maybe she doesn't believe that. To the both of you, my only suggestions are take a deep breath and do something you like. Eat some food, play some games. Don't dwell on the past as much, and look towards the future. Do something kind for people around you. It'll make you feel better in the end.

That's calming advice. I am homeschooled, and I don't really have any friends. Her and my friend Jason are my two only online friends I can talk to as if we have known each other forever. People wonder why I am so fearful for a girl I met online, that is the reason. She says she enjoys the pain and I can relate, as I have done it. But that just makes things worse.

Chocolatte
02-09-2016, 09:07 PM
That's calming advice. I am homeschooled, and I don't really have any friends. Her and my friend Jason are my two only online friends I can talk to as if we have known each other forever. People wonder why I am so fearful for a girl I met online, that is the reason. She says she enjoys the pain and I can relate, as I have done it. But that just makes things worse.

That is alarming. If you're at the point where you are cutting and ENJOY it, I really think you'd need help. I know this is not new information, but try and find a substitute that is not harmful, like chewing gum, or drawing. You should try a bunch of new things, and if you either of you feel like hurting yourselves again, then turn to the substitute and let yourself flow into what you are doing. Listening to music also helps, what with reducing stress and all. Doing these things pretty much daily should help alot.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 09:09 PM
"Enjoys the pain" No one can enjoy the pain for anyone who experiences suffers. I get that she is living in a comfortable and suitable environment for her every needs, But she just needs someone she can depend on and trust. Talk to her more share secrets. Do whatever it takes so she realizes that she isn't fighting the battle alone. I hope she recovers from such traumatic effect, But their is always a solution to such problem.

abt79
02-09-2016, 09:13 PM
You're insecure like every other teenager ever.

Do things you enjoy with people you enjoy the company of and do some hard yet rewarding work too. The most important thing is spend time with friends and be confident in yourself

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:16 PM
"Enjoys the pain" No one can enjoy the pain for anyone who experiences suffers. I get that she is living in a comfortable and suitable environment for her every needs, But she just needs someone she can depend on and trust. Talk to her more share secrets. Do whatever it takes so she realizes that she isn't fighting the battle alone. I hope she recovers from such traumatic effect, But their is always a solution to such problem.

If I share my secrets, it's probably going to get more violent. I'm not going to tell anyone on the forums as I don't want to scare the hell out of anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

She got off school an hour ago. I've been talking to her and she said things are good. I'm not going to push anything.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 09:20 PM
If I share my secrets, it's probably going to get more violent. I'm not going to tell anyone on the forums as I don't want to scare the hell out of anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

She got off school an hour ago. I've been talking to her and she said things are good. I'm not going to push anything.
Why would anyone get scared I wouldn't get scared as long as you tell the truth. I get you don't want to such secrets but you must connect with her

Frozenpotato_
02-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Tell her there is nothing to be gained by hurting herself

This life is beautiful enjoy it because your lucky you got picked by the cosmos to live in such awesome times filled with many adventurs and exploration

Usually it's a cry for help or she's just not thinking positive im not a psychologist this is just from experience

Goodluck and remember how beautiful this world can be.

- - - Updated - - -

I also agree with metalwire sometimes you just need someone to depend on and trust with everything.

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Why would anyone get scared I wouldn't get scared as long as you tell the truth. I get you don't want to such secrets but you must connect with her

I have the worst thoughts, if you have skype I can tell you a bit and you would realize why I don't like to share it publicly.

grapezzzz19
02-09-2016, 09:23 PM
growtopia support. message them

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM
growtopia support. message them

Hehe, that makes no sense, but it made me smile.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 09:25 PM
I have the worst thoughts, if you have skype I can tell you a bit and you would realize why I don't like to share it publicly.
I have skype but I don't use it anymore because of Studies the best way would be Private message me I know you may not trust people as much but I can assure you that my trust to you will be permitted, And I will do whatever it takes to help you out

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:33 PM
I would like it if this thread will just die.

Tempting
02-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Well, it's probably a stereotypical idea, but you could ask if you could be 'that person' that she could talk to about issues, considering you have a common problem. If she sends you these 'scary pictures', then she should also tell you why too, in my opinion. If not, you should just tell her that her life is more important than being embarrassed about a serious problem.

Metalwire
02-09-2016, 09:35 PM
I would like it if this thread will just die.
She is a beautiful girl I just don't want her or others in the same situation getting Pushed down and get Consumed by the Blackhole of depression.

Acrystic
02-09-2016, 09:37 PM

-- ModSim

As he said, go out somewhere with her. Just cheer her up by maybe going out to eat? Hang out? Things like that to show you care. :whistling:

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:40 PM
As he said, go out somewhere with her. Just cheer her up by maybe going out to eat? Hang out? Things like that to show you care. :whistling:

Well, because we live so far away, I can pack myself up in a box and Mail myself out to her. I don't understand why she trust me with all of the stuff she says, but she gave me her address xD

Acrystic
02-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Well, because we live so far away, I can pack myself up in a box and Mail myself out to her. I don't understand why she trust me with all of the stuff she says, but she gave me her address xD

Message her a lot! Video chat! Have fun!

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Hey OP. You're that coder guy making that growtopia outfitter thing aren't you? I've seen you around.

Depression is a pretty tricky subject, very sensetive and there is no single way about it. It appears that people suffer from depression due to a seemingly infinite range of reasons and conditions.

I don't neccesserially like talking about it but I suffered from an extreme depression for some time, the reason being isn't relevent. But I went through a major low and perhaps my experience may be able to aid you somewhat.

I also suffered from some sort of "anger issue" but that was merely a symptom of my inability to control the situation. When one is lost or otherwise trapped behind a veil of imposibilities, anger is a natural reflex. It is NATURAL to get angry, do not let any shrink tell you otherwise.

As for mental health, it's reletevely fine. However I suffer from a few neurological conditions (What they are matters not. But I can somewhat empathise with you on that one.

My number one advice for coping with depression is to change your lifestyle, instead of sitting in your room, demotivated, sobbing in the corner. Grab yourself by the hair and kick yourself outside. Go for walks, talk to your friend who you said also suffers from depression. Help eachother through it if you're not already. You may find that bond you make with her will also aid you when you're feeling down.

As for medications like antidepressents. Personally I am very much against any form of drug, the stuff messes with your brain in the long run and doctors are all too happy to give you pills upon pills of antidepressants that make you dopey happy for a few hours instead of actually working with you to help the problem. But I wouldn't rule it out. Just don't get stuck on them.

The true test of will and strength is when the going gets tough. We only grow stronger the more life throws at us. We must not lose hope no matter how bad it seems. Remember, there is always someone on your side. It may not feel as such. But I have a feeling your friend may be an ally in your struggles.

Assuming the whole cutting thing is true, I strongly suggest you snap her out of it ASAP. Those scars may never heal and it's a grim reminder of foolishly hacking at your own flesh for no reason other than to feel the sweet bite of cold iron. There are tons of ways to feel the rush of endorphins (the very thing cutters claim the body releases when they try to harm themselves). General fun and challenging activities and a physically and socially active lifestyle gives you the full rush of things.

Depression may seem like an empty black hole with nothing but misery. But the light of joy is merely down the path. You must find the courage to walk down the path...

It is natural for males in particular to be able to soak up emotional hurt and trauma to protect people they care for, or to defend those they care for by taking the hits, but that stress does not necesserially leave you (unless you're like some sort of demigod with the power of infinite will and strength). Releasing stress and venting needs to be done every now and then to ensure your sanity. But learn to channel that energy and emotional loosh into something productive and it can benefit others. I'll leave you to figure that out though.

Remember this is just from my personal experience. I got through it because I had no choice but to stand up for myself and trudge through it with nothing but the thought of cherised loved ones. It takes a lot of willpower and mental strength to be able to lift yourself out of that depressive state. But if you are determined enough. You can do it..

PS: Spending hours on end on the internet every day will NOT help with depression. Limit your online usage and experience real life too.

abt79
02-09-2016, 09:48 PM
My number one advice for coping with depression is to change your lifestyle, instead of sitting in your room, demotivated, sobbing in the corner. Grab yourself by the hair and kick yourself outside. Go for walks, talk to your friend who you said also suffers from depression. Help eachother through it if you're not already. You may find that bond you make with her will also aid you when you're feeling down.

I agree with this infinitely

bluemtndew
02-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Tell her there is nothing to be gained by hurting herself

This life is beautiful enjoy it because your lucky you got picked by the cosmos to live in such awesome times filled with many adventurs and exploration

Usually it's a cry for help or she's just not thinking positive im not a psychologist this is just from experience

Goodluck and remember how beautiful this world can be.

I don't think telling someone who hates life that life is beautiful will help them.

When I was depressed I just had to find that out for myself. It's gonna sound bad to most of you but dropping religion was probably the best thing I've done in my life. It allowed me to truly enjoy life for what it is, rather than worry constantly about whether or not God loves me, and worry that I'm having doubts about him existing.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this infinitely

Your agreement has broken the fabric of the universe

Good job.

ModSim
02-09-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't think telling someone who hates life that life is beautiful will help them.

When I was depressed I just had to find that out for myself. It's gonna sound bad to most of you but dropping religion was probably the best thing I've done in my life. It allowed me to truly enjoy life for what it is, rather than worry constantly about whether or not God loves me, and worry that I'm having doubts about him existing.

- - - Updated - - -

Good job.

That is one reason I feel so much better. I try not to believe in anything spiritual. Matisse, she is just super Christian and I think it would help her to just drop it.

abt79
02-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Good job.

Whoa, really? cool.

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 10:02 PM
That is one reason I feel so much better. I try not to believe in anything spiritual. Matisse, she is just super Christian and I think it would help her to just drop it.

Are you some sort of heretic? :^)

Sometimes spiritual stuff (religion) can offer guidance for those who are lost... If it helps her, let it be.

For me, I learned the hard way that life ain't all sunshine and rainbows. But the plus side, I can meditate very VERY deeply and get into a state where I can delve into my subconcious and see what I may have missed and reflect greatly on things... I could spend an hour or two a day just in deep deep meditive thought if I had the time on my hands. But sitting in a dark room doing nothing... Literally nothing other than deep relaxation and energy work, along with other visual meditations (I like to mix and match) for hours will not help you unless you ACT upon your problems.

Willpower alone is not what get things done, willpower along with energy, motivation, strength and action is what makes things happen.

PS; There's a difference between being a super god fearing christian and a Christian who uses the Bible for morality and guidance without the fear of death and eternal judgement lingering at their mortal door.

I personally believe that when you die, your spirit either enters a higher realm (the Astral plane or the Ethereal) or if you still have business to do on the Mortal plane, your spirit may linger, however. The deeds you do in this life continues into the next/into eternity. (It's reassuring to at least think in this Mortal life that nothing truely ends despite may never knowing the truth).

ModSim
02-09-2016, 10:05 PM

Sometimes spiritual stuff (religion) can offer guidance for those who are lost... If it helps her, let it be.

For me, I learned the hard way that life ain't all sunshine and rainbows. But the plus side, I can meditate very VERY deeply and get into a state where I can delve into my subconcious and see what I may have missed and reflect greatly on things... I could spend an hour or two a day just in deep deep meditive thought if I had the time on my hands. But sitting in a dark room doing nothing... Literally nothing other than deep relaxation and energy work, along with other visual meditations (I like to mix and match) for hours will not help you unless you ACT upon your problems.

Willpower alone is not what get things done, willpower along with energy, motivation, strength and action is what makes things happen.

It's more of a suggestion. My parents forcing me to go to church when I don't believe all of that stuff makes things hard. After I told them, they weren't happy, but initially got over it. I could never control anger, nor depression until this. I'm not going to tell her to do that, but I did and I feel great about it.

bluemtndew
02-09-2016, 10:07 PM

It really depends on how she was raised. If she was raised in an extremely christian household (church every sunday/holiday, possibly christian school, taught to memorize bible verses, etc) it may be more difficult for her to drop it as it is so ingrained in her lifestyle. I had already been doubting God for a good while when I dropped it. In fact if I remember correctly I think I just started watching some atheism videos and went "Well, I guess God doesn't exist!" and that was that. I really think that deep down I knew it was true all along, and just needed to admit it to myself.

Alright I've been rambling long enough. If you can give some more detail into how she was raised as a christian and, idk, how christian she is, I may be able to help (although I've only been an atheist for 4-6 months so I don't have a whole ton of experience).

- - - Updated - - -

It's more of a suggestion. My parents forcing me to go to church when I don't believe all of that stuff makes things hard. After I told them, they weren't happy, but initially got over it. I could never control anger, nor depression until this. I'm not going to tell her to do that, but I did and I feel great about it.

Same with myself. I had the exact same problems and although I was able to control my anger before converting, my depression really got better when I finally did.

abt79
02-09-2016, 10:09 PM

I don't really think spirituality is very compatible with most adolescents, as a large part of the problem is that it's a time in they're lives marked by disillusionment.

That is, many of the set-in-stone realities they knew and respected as younger children came crashing down, often they drop religion/spirituality/whatever at this time too to avoid more pain and disappointment.

I mean I'm no psych major, did minor in it though,
but this is what my first/second hand experience and reasoning has proven to me

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 10:10 PM

I added a small part at the bottom to that post.

And I can see where you're coming from. But two cents says you coped through depression somewhat thanks to a lifestyle change.

That my friend, is the key.

bluemtndew
02-09-2016, 10:12 PM
I don't really think spirituality is very compatible with most adolescents, as a large part of the problem is that it's a time in they're lives marked by disillusionment.

That is, many of the set-in-stone realities they knew and respected as younger children came crashing down, often they drop religion/spirituality/whatever at this time too to avoid more pain and disappointment.

For the record, I wasn't trying to turn this into a discussion on religion, I was just giving a suggestion and explaining what worked for me (since it seems like most of you aren't speaking from experience and are just talking out of your asses).

- - - Updated - - -

I added a small part at the bottom to that post.

And I can see where you're coming from. But two cents says you coped through depression somewhat thanks to a lifestyle change.

That my friend, is the key.

Dropping religion is definitely a huge lifestyle change.

EDIT: I really don't think that anyone should be using the bible for moral guidance. I can't really give examples as they probably break forum rules, but I think you know what I'm talking about.

abt79
02-09-2016, 10:14 PM
For the record, I wasn't trying to turn this into a discussion on religion, I was just giving a suggestion and explaining what worked for me (since it seems like most of you aren't speaking from experience and are just talking out of your asses).

I was speaking from experience (though honestly mainly secondhand experience from what I observed other people doing). Not really trying too hard to bring religion/spirituality into this either, just explaining something to mrthad

Wonder what makes you think we're speaking out of our :poop:ers and not from experience though, do you somehow know what we've been through in our lives?

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 10:17 PM

That is true. But coming from a background where I was quickly forced to "man up" so to speak and was made aware of dark truths of this world while I was still fresh in my early teens. I found meditation at the least to help me through the darker days. But yeah, as I said in my original post here, everyone's backgrounds will be different and everyone will develop their own coping strategy if any at all.

And of course, it won't work for everyone. However I want to make it clear that Nihlism is NOT a road anyone should go down through... You either stay depressed or start to believe that nothing in this world matters whatsoever and isn't worth caring about. That's the makings of a psychopath!

That said, my view on stuff today can still be described as pessimistic yet realistic and highly logical and regimented...

..For what defines a man is the things he sees and experiences first hand.

bluemtndew
02-09-2016, 10:18 PM
I was speaking from experience (though honestly mainly secondhand experience from what I observed other people doing). Not really trying too hard to bring religion/spirituality into this either, just explaining something to mrthad

Wonder what makes you think we're speaking out of our :poop:ers and not from experience though, do you somehow know what we've been through in our lives?

I'm not going to get into an argument with you again.

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 10:21 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Dropping religion is definitely a huge lifestyle change.

EDIT: I really don't think that anyone should be using the bible for moral guidance. I can't really give examples as they probably break forum rules, but I think you know what I'm talking about.

In that case I could say the exact same thing about Islam, Judaism and every single other type of religion... Cherry picking is not what religion is about though. They ALL have ancient sayings about old times when the world was younger and more bloody let's just say...

And yeah, we're steering dangerously close to a religion discussion here. Back on topic, my main point is that it CAN help, but I wouldn't rule out pretty much any other option over it.

EDIT: If my ass could speak it'd still have an intresting story to tell. Personal experience may be impossible to logically prove or back up with statistics and facts, but if they're true. They can mean more than any amount of statistical figures known to man...

abt79
02-09-2016, 10:26 PM
That is true. But coming from a background where I was quickly forced to "man up" so to speak and was made aware of dark truths of this world while I was still fresh in my early teens. I found meditation at the least to help me through the darker days. But yeah, as I said in my original post here, everyone's backgrounds will be different and everyone will develop their own coping strategy if any at all.

And of course, it won't work for everyone. However I want to make it clear that Nihlism is NOT a road anyone should go down through... You either stay depressed or start to believe that nothing in this world matters whatsoever and isn't worth caring about. That's the makings of a psychopath!

That said, my view on stuff today can still be described as pessimistic yet realistic and highly logical and regimented...

..For what defines a man is the things he sees and experiences first hand.

Yeah, nihilism is some garbage, but it's not quite the same as atheism.
There are some very respectable and good atheists out there.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you again.

I hope you weren't expecting anything other than "Oh yay, that means I win"
Because, oh yay, that means I win.

It's ridiculous how taboo argumment is on this forum because of flamewars and crying and the like, I can argue in a civilized manner without mudslinging, harassment, or crying because you proved me wrong and I think you can do the same. We as a community should be able to share our views and change them if proven wrong without resorting to childishness. I guess it's a wee bit offtopic though, and if that's your beef I can respect that I suppose

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think that anyone should be using the bible for moral guidance..

I agree, even if you believed in God/a god you'd have to be an idiot to believe he wrote the bible, or to get moral guidance from a group of people that stoned their children, owned slaves, etc

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 10:30 PM

I don't know why arguing is just soooo taboo on this forum, I can argue in a civilized manner without mudslinging, harassment, or crying because you proved me wrong and I think you can do the same. I guess it's a wee bit offtopic though, and if that's your beef I can respect that I suppose

I was referring to nihilism as a view on life or a lifestyle choice. I did not imply it as akin to aethism. Apologies about the confusion.

And personally I see this as a general discussion. This isn't an argument because I'm not necesserially standing and vouching with my point about spiritualism (And I'm trying to find other things to pick out and discuss). Instead we're just discussing loosely the topic OP started. I don't like it when threads derail but there seems to be a fine line between natural loose discussion (conversations mattally veer from topic to topic) and completely derailing the thread by sticking to a point stubbornly or otherwise being negative while bringing nothing to the discussion further derailing a thread.

Anyways, I gotta go, night forums. Whatever happens after this post is none of my matter :^)

bluemtndew
02-09-2016, 10:33 PM
In that case I could say the exact same thing about Islam, Judaism and every single other type of religion... Cherry picking is not what religion is about though. They ALL have ancient sayings about old times when the world was younger and more bloody let's just say...

And yeah, we're steering dangerously close to a religion discussion here. Back on topic, my main point is that it CAN help, but I wouldn't rule out pretty much any other option over it.

EDIT: If my ass could speak it'd still have an intresting story to tell. Personal experience may be impossible to logically prove or back up with statistics and facts, but if they're true. They can mean more than any amount of statistical figures known to man...

I wasn't meaning to disregard your guys' thoughts, I was just saying I figured I would give an opinion out that had a bit of personal experience with anger issues and depression behind it, that's all.

And yes, in fact I would say the same thing about those religions, but I didn't because those weren't the examples you used.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ridiculous how taboo argumment is on this forum because of flamewars and crying and the like, I can argue in a civilized manner without mudslinging, harassment, or crying because you proved me wrong and I think you can do the same. We as a community should be able to share our views and change them if proven wrong without resorting to childishness. I guess it's a wee bit offtopic though, and if that's your beef I can respect that I suppose

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, even if you believed in God/a god you'd have to be an idiot to believe he wrote the bible, or to get moral guidance from a group of people that stoned their children, owned slaves, etc

I just don't want to argue about it because it isn't going to go anywhere. Be honest, what will either of us get out of the argument?

And I agree with you about how people act like arguing is so terrible on here.

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to nihilism as a view on life or a lifestyle choice. I did not imply it as akin to aethism. Apologies about the confusion.

And personally I see this as a general discussion. This isn't an argument because I'm not necesserially standing and vouching with my point about spiritualism (And I'm trying to find other things to pick out and discuss). Instead we're just discussing loosely the topic OP started. I don't like it when threads derail but there seems to be a fine line between natural loose discussion (conversations mattally veer from topic to topic) and completely derailing the thread by sticking to a point stubbornly or otherwise being negative while bringing nothing to the discussion further derailing a thread.

Anyways, I gotta go, night forums. Whatever happens after this post is none of my matter :^)

I got what you meant, although you did word it a bit confusingly.

mrthadawee
02-09-2016, 10:35 PM
I wasn't meaning to disregard your guys' thoughts, I was just saying I figured I would give an opinion out that had a bit of personal experience with anger issues and depression behind it, that's all.

And yes, in fact I would say the same thing about those religions, but I didn't because those weren't the examples you used.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't want to argue about it because it isn't going to go anywhere. Be honest, what will either of us get out of the argument?

In that case I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Words have a bit more sway with the likes of me when I understand a bit more about someone's personal experiences, I can tell a lot about a man by the things he has encountered.

I never thought we were arguing, and if we were. This has to be one of the more civil arguments/debates ever made on the forum. So we aren't too worse off are we? ;^)

Night m8. Thanks for the chat. I apreciate it.

abt79
02-09-2016, 10:38 PM

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree with you about how people act like arguing is so terrible on here.

I dunno, you just said that we weren't speaking from experience and, well I was and I think thad was, I just don't understand why you thought we weren't.

Was it how we worded it? Clearly you weren't trying to shut down our opinions, as you stated, so what can I do so that my experience sounds more genuine?

ModSim
02-09-2016, 11:20 PM
I dunno, you just said that we weren't speaking from experience and, well I was and I think thad was, I just don't understand why you thought we weren't.

Was it how we worded it? Clearly you weren't trying to shut down our opinions, as you stated, so what can I do so that my experience sounds more genuine?

I would rather people not fight in this thread. I was merely asking for help, and this all started.

Have a good day.

abt79
02-09-2016, 11:36 PM
I would rather people not fight in this thread. I was merely asking for help, and this all started.

Have a good day.

Arguments don't always mean fights, we were being fairly civil. Also it seems to have resolved itself one way or another, and we have given you our advice which you can choose what to do with.

You're just going to have to power through and learn to motivate yourself to do things you enjoy and things you have to do.