PDA

View Full Version : Braces Question..

ModSim
02-10-2016, 06:25 PM
I am pretty good at asking weird stuff on this forums. Anyways, all of my friends kept telling me how painful braces would be, and it't been a day almost and they feel totally normal. Did they do something wrong, or am I just not feeling anything?

YellowPepper
02-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Apparently they hurt but you must of been lucky.

Kaitlynxoxo
02-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Want your braces to cause pain? Then ask someone to french kiss you (or at least lick your teeth) until their tongue becomes bloody red. Done.

ModSim
02-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Want your braces to cause pain? Then ask someone to french kiss you (or at least lick your teeth) until their tongue becomes bloody red. Done.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

AlBandaryx
02-10-2016, 07:22 PM
It hurts when they tighten the braces, that's what my sisters say.
I'll be getting mine next month inshallah, hopefully they won't hurt me. :)

Loam
02-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Dang, luckily i'm not getting braces.

Josh289
02-10-2016, 11:34 PM
I am pretty good at asking weird stuff on this forums. Anyways, all of my friends kept telling me how painful braces would be, and it't been a day almost and they feel totally normal. Did they do something wrong, or am I just not feeling anything?

Wow if you didn't feel anything approximately 24 hours after they "installed" your braces you lucked out. The day after I was in excruciating pain. My teeth felt like they were being squeezed together.

imustachyou
02-10-2016, 11:37 PM
I remembered my first day was just getting used to having something on my teeth. No pain on my first day (I think), but after 6 weeks when they changed the wires, it was a lot tighter, and hurt a bit.

Don't get overstressed about them, soon you shouldn't even feel them.

JOSHIE63
02-11-2016, 01:46 AM
The palate expander is the most painful step by far (if necessary). The initial spacers hurt as well as the rubber bands afterward. The braces should be fine as long as you do not cut yourself on them.

ElectroDream
02-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Yeah, my friends told me that braces hurt, but when I wore it it felt like nothing (of course, except that I need to brush my teeth every single time .-.)

I'd say it's different for each person. Some people feel nothing yet some people are dying because of the pain.

John0117
02-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Wow if you didn't feel anything approximately 24 hours after they "installed" your braces you lucked out. The day after I was in excruciating pain. My teeth felt like they were being squeezed together.

The same exact thing happened to me when I got braces. I was fine the day I got them but the next day, touching my upper and bottom teeth together hurt a lot. Don't worry though, pain means that its working. (not even joking)

IcyTurtle
02-11-2016, 08:20 AM
I felt nothing when I had them. The only time it hurt was when I put pressure on it (aka. eating :() But my friend, who got braces like a year before me, actually took a day off school because she was in too much pain. I just think it all depends on how the dentist or orthodontist puts it on.

IShutter
02-11-2016, 09:38 AM
They hurt alot, it depends on your jaw shape and teeth alignment, they hurt alot for me, only when i touch them.

(also please write normally. you dont need to put it in bold and centre it.)

DumbOldDoor
02-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Do you think it'll hurt for me? I apparently have very sensitive gums, when I go to the dentist and they do multiple of those painkiller shots (no idea what they're really called) they like don't have a very big effect on me.. .-.

ModSim
02-13-2016, 04:14 AM
Do you think it'll hurt for me? I apparently have very sensitive gums, when I go to the dentist and they do multiple of those painkiller shots (no idea what they're really called) they like don't have a very big effect on me.. .-.

Oi, I'm 100% positive it will hurt. It wasn't until the next day it started hurting like hell for me.

AdminBro
02-13-2016, 04:21 AM
I played trumpet for 5 years. I had braces for 3 years. You may now applaud.

ModSim
02-13-2016, 04:49 AM
I played trumpet for 5 years. I had braces for 3 years. You may now applaud.

Hah, I only need mine on for approximately 18 months.