PDA

View Full Version : Should I even go to the Prom?

Areodax
02-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Hi lads and lassies. I'm not usually thhe guy who spills his personal life on social networks or anywhere in the internet (even though it's just a few snippets from my memories), today is kind of different.

I'm in a predicament here, should I even go to the prom? I'm not really feeling it, even in the Month of Love. I didn't really have a good experience of it last year, so why even bother?

Anyways, just help me decide or something, at least.

Bruce Wayne
02-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Hi lads and lassies. I'm not usually thhe guy who spills his personal life on social networks or anywhere in the internet (even though it's just a few snippets from my memories), today is kind of different.

I'm in a predicament here, should I even go to the prom? I'm not really feeling it, even in the Month of Love. I didn't really have a good experience of it last year, so why even bother?

Anyways, just help me decide or something, at least.

is it free.
is it dank.
is it necessary
is it MLG.

if it answers all of those questions then go.

if it doesn't, well don't go.

Azraela
02-11-2016, 09:53 PM
I never went there because I don't like wearing fancy clothes :D Anyways, you have been there and I haven't so

Nightcorean
02-11-2016, 09:54 PM
What is a prom?

Ilikecats
02-11-2016, 09:56 PM
What is a prom?

a formal dance, especially one held by a class in high school or college at the end of a year.

mrthadawee
02-11-2016, 09:56 PM
I never went to the 'prom'. I always seen it as a silly American thing and a huge waste of money, not to mention at the time all the girls were trash and I was in total conflict with every single teacher at the time. If I went it would have been a complete mess.

Don't let the limelight of a prom dictate your choice on a date tho. There's always that one girl somewhere who prefers to not go out on these types of things. Bae an I prefer camping instread of parties. And we have a much stronger bond than any college hook up date I've ever witnessed...
(Those were some dark times indeed *shudder*)

Chose option one because the NEET life is fun as heck until you outgrow it. (I was NEET for a few months when I was around 15/16, I was kicked out of school and lived a smug life while others slaved away at mock exams that meant nothing. It was good and bad at the same time because I also lost many friends and my perception on reality became a lot more... Realistic) But when you have responsibilities it's time to bin that anime doll of yours and find a 3d gf like a normal, non degenerate human being.

PS; Last time I wore a fancy suit I was at a friend's brother's funeral. I vow never to wear a fancy suit again after the crap I went through after that... But that's another story, perhaps one that shall never be told... Some things are better left unsaid.

Areodax
02-11-2016, 09:57 PM
is it free.
is it dank.
is it necessary
is it MLG.

if it answers all of those questions then go.

if it doesn't, well don't go.

I think it wasn't necessary, but we had to pay and stuff. You can also get dinner, but I'd just prefer something homemade.

We do have tis one class couple we consider to be OTP, and if they get together and I miss it, I will have aneurysm.

I'mSuperCereal
02-11-2016, 09:57 PM
free food = Yes
no free food = no

Areodax
02-11-2016, 10:06 PM
I never went to the 'prom'. I always seen it as a silly American thing and a huge waste of money, not to mention at the time all the girls were trash and I was in total conflict with every single teacher at the time. If I went it would have been a complete mess.

Don't let the limelight of a prom dictate your choice on a date tho. There's always that one girl somewhere who prefers to not go out on these types of things. Bae an I prefer camping instread of parties. And we have a much stronger bond than any college hook up date I've ever witnessed...
(Those were some dark times indeed *shudder*)

Chose option one because the NEET life is fun as heck until you outgrow it. (I was NEET for a few months when I was around 15/16, I was kicked out of school and lived a smug life while others slaved away at mock exams that meant nothing. It was good and bad at the same time because I also lost many friends and my perception on reality became a lot more... Realistic) But when you have responsibilities it's time to bin that anime doll of yours and find a 3d gf like a normal, non degenerate human being.

PS; Last time I wore a fancy suit I was at a friend's brother's funeral. I vow never to wear a fancy suit again after the crap I went through after that... But that's another story, perhaps one that shall never be told... Some things are better left unsaid.

Not to mention, it was called Junior-Senior Prom for a reason.

I don't wanna go to jail.

(Meant it as a joke until I though about it too much. Jesus christ.)

Also, man you guys are so romantic lmao.

Josh289
02-11-2016, 10:11 PM
I can not tell you what do to do and what not to do. Prom is a matter of personal preference regarding whether or not you choose to go. From my experiences I had a blast. Yes indeed it is very expensive but I think it's overall worth the money. Whether you go out on a date or choose to recruit a group of friends is up to you.

Prom is a special event that is supposed to be a memorable that marks a special moment in your life. Now I am not trying to get in your head and convince you that going to prom is the "right" thing to do. Hey who knows maybe a special-someone will ask you to attend to the dance as their beloved partner. Anyways tough decision huh?

Christopher
02-11-2016, 10:46 PM
If you didn't have a good experience don't go then.