PDA

View Full Version : Would I be considered a mini-mod if....?

Jackjeff01
02-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Would I be considered a mini-mod if I reply to a thread with something that is related to the topic AND tell the OP that he should post the thread in the "Everything else, etc.. Sub-forum" if he didn't post the thread in the right sub-forum?

According to hamumu, mini-mods' posts are by definition off-topic (saying "this is the wrong forum" and not talking about what the original poster is talking about)

So, if I do what I said above, would that still be considered mini-modding?

I'm asking because I want to avoid being a mini-mod as best as I could.

PolarisHD
02-16-2016, 06:39 PM
By ignorant people, yes. Though, if possible, you should try to be on-topic as well.

JOSHIE63
02-16-2016, 06:41 PM
No, but people do not need to be told where threads go.

Jackjeff01
02-16-2016, 07:05 PM
No, but people do not need to be told where threads go.

Do people who post threads in the wrong sub-forum get PM's from the moderators or developers to tell them where they should have posted them?

If so, I'm not gonna mention anything about sub-forum ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

By ignorant people, yes. Though, if possible, you should try to be on-topic as well.

I've never posted replies that are off-topic. So, I guess I'm good.

JOSHIE63
02-16-2016, 07:17 PM
Do people who post threads in the wrong sub-forum get PM's from the moderators or developers to tell them where they should have posted them?

If so, I'm not gonna mention anything about sub-forum ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never posted replies that are off-topic. So, I guess I'm good.

Usually, if the offense is repeated, there will be an infraction alongside an explanation of where threads belong; however, most often if the offense is repeated, the perpetrator is wittingly disobeying the guidelines. The only people I can see needing assistance is those of insufficient experience that actually need direction. It is perfectly fine to aid them, but otherwise one would be kindling the fire by directing the purposeful offenders.