PDA

View Full Version : Artists! What art medium do you use?

Spotlight
02-17-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm a bit curious to see what the artists of the forums use for their art. Even if you're a closet artist, don't be afraid to answer! Also feel free to share some of your drawings here!

Here are a few of the categories, I can add more if I forgot any. Please vote in the poll above!

Wax crayons and pastels
Standard graphite (Pencil only)
Pen ink only (Ballpoint/fineliners)
Digital art (Ipad, Wacom etc.)
Water based markers (Crayola, unbranded etc.)
Alcohol based markers (Copics, prismacolor premier markers etc.)
Colored pencils
Watercolor paints
Oil paints
Acrylic paints
Sculpture or 3D art
Collage or mixed media
Chalk or charcoal

I am currently trying out alcohol based markers. I have amassed a small collection of Copics and I love them so far. I also use colored pencils quite often. I used to do 3D art on my Ipad, but I lost interest and my Ipad broke as well.
Thanks for your time!

Aleksis St
02-17-2016, 07:29 PM
School made me into a pen artist in the blank places of my notes!:D

Christopher
02-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Lol I didn't see Graphite so I picked charcoal, both are cool :crazy:

syrup
02-17-2016, 11:46 PM
Graphite and digital, but I also-

*Vietnam flashback of ink medias*

JzoneGamer
02-17-2016, 11:51 PM
I mostly use colored pencils, standard graphite, and ink pens. Though sometimes, Digital. (I still suck at that) :crazy:

PolarisHD
02-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Accidentally voted "Digital art" instead of "Standard graphite". I used to draw, but now I don't have that much time to do it.

Megazork
02-18-2016, 01:23 AM
Standard graphite, charcoal, pen ink, some pastels, a lot of water colors, and some oil paints.

Chocolatte
02-18-2016, 01:26 AM
Can you make it so I can choose more than one option?:rolleyes:

|ThyLuigi|
02-18-2016, 01:31 AM
I'm more of a hobbyist than anything else, but I usually use pencils and colored pencils when I draw something that'd look cooler with it.

AlexKat
02-18-2016, 01:31 AM
mostly do digital art

but i suck at it

lolgal96
02-18-2016, 10:36 AM
i do my art digitally. even if i do do it traditionally, it's only to scan into the computer to trace into photoshop or something.

Aunos
02-18-2016, 10:43 AM
I use pencil or ballpen or digital.

Chocolatte
02-18-2016, 10:55 AM
I usually use graphite, digi art, pen stuff, sculptures, paints of all osrts... Yeh I'm weird.

BioTestificate
02-18-2016, 12:14 PM
I pick up any and all dropped pens around.
I have lots of chalk.
Just bought some colored pencils and still practicing.

Why can't we pick multiple?

ambiguster
02-18-2016, 12:21 PM
I actually do Watercolour (was, im out of stock. Man those pencils are xpensive X_X)
Coloured Pencils and probably Digi-art.

But u didn't do multiple choice poll :cry:

I use pencil or ballpen or digital.

*ballpoint :whistling:

voidgaming
02-18-2016, 12:56 PM
Mostly digital,because I need to get use to adobe flash.

And beside,digital doesn't waste inks and papers

Boomer
02-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Digital. I used to do colored pencils but it was a pain to pull them out all the time.

Spotlight
02-18-2016, 03:09 PM
I pick up any and all dropped pens around.
I have lots of chalk.
Just bought some colored pencils and still practicing.

Why can't we pick multiple?
I apologize, I meant to make it multiple choice. Is there a way to edit that?

ezereal
02-18-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm a bit curious to see what the artists of the forums use for their art. Even if you're a closet artist, don't be afraid to answer! Also feel free to share some of your drawings here!

Here are a few of the categories, I can add more if I forgot any. Please vote in the poll above!

Wax crayons and pastels
Standard graphite (Pencil only)
Pen ink only (Ballpoint/fineliners)
Digital art (Ipad, Wacom etc.)
Water based markers (Crayola, unbranded etc.)
Alcohol based markers (Copics, prismacolor premier markers etc.)
Colored pencils
Watercolor paints
Acrylic paints
Chalk or charcoal

I am currently trying out alcohol based markers. I have amassed a small collection of Copics and I love them so far. I also use colored pencils quite often. I used to do 3D art on my Ipad, but I lost interest and my Ipad broke as well.
Thanks for your time!
Everything in the quote

BudderMeow
02-18-2016, 03:38 PM
I usually do digital art because it has more room than paper and I only have limited colors to use for traditional art ._.

Tohru
02-18-2016, 08:47 PM
I normally use a pencil. I start out with that, then gradually move on towards the pen. If the picture is big enough and the characters/other objects are huger, then I would outline to Sharpie. I don't normally use colored pencils (sadly I don't have the 72 pack of Prismacolors my friend has:() but when I do I just color it normally (no shading, some mixing).

I'm just your normal manga wannabe artist, lol. Still learning though.

syrup
02-18-2016, 09:48 PM
I kinda wanna see some digital art with the overwhelming amount saying digtial

Aquarious
02-18-2016, 10:00 PM
I do Digital art(small intuos tablet and paint tool SAI), Basic Pencil, Pen/Ink, and Markers.
I'm hoping to switch to some water colors since they're pretty rad, not sure where I can buy some good quality stuff though.

|ThyLuigi|
02-19-2016, 12:05 AM
I do Digital art(small intuos tablet and paint tool SAI), Basic Pencil, Pen/Ink, and Markers.
I'm hoping to switch to some water colors since they're pretty rad, not sure where I can buy some good quality stuff though.

I got an Artist's Loft set, but it might be more than what you're looking for. There's a good set of colored pencils, watercolor paints, watercolor colored pencils, and acrylic paint. It's rather good, but again, a bit too much for what you're probably looking for.

KenDu
02-19-2016, 12:19 AM
I haven't tried to use my Wacom Intuos pen & touch tablet because i don't know how to do stuffs on it. I don't draw that much now but i used Watercolor,Charcoal,Ballpoint Pen,Color Pencil and Both alcohol and water based Markers.

Hope to be better soon as i practice more this vacation.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to buy some watercolor stuffs, Try Sakura Koi watercolor or Winsor & Newton one
They're a bit pricey but definitely worth a shot

Spotlight
02-19-2016, 04:07 PM

Do you use your markers often? I don't recall seeing any marker pieces on your Instagram.