PDA

View Full Version : I feel like an idiot (storytime cause why not)

Chibiusa
02-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Okay so since some of my classes were only 1 semester long I had to get switched into another class. Just so happens we had to do introductions in our class, except for someone else. We spent a day talking to our partner about their interests, and I messed up- big time (or at least it was big time for me). I LITERALLY FORGOT TO ASK WHAT HIS NAME WAS. Also I've started using they/them pronouns for everybody now, but the problem was; what if he just wanted he/him pronouns? What if he uses She/her pronouns? What if he uses some other pronoun THAT I DONT EVEN KNOWWW. I was panicking like crazy, and I honestly shouldn't have. My anxiety was going everywhere. To my surprise he forgot my name, which is kind of funny lmao. When I introduced the dude, I decided to use they/them pronouns because it doesn't revolve one gender. I SLIPPED UP MAN I SLIPPED UP. I accidentally said he in the middle of my introduction, and me being me- stopped for like 30 seconds and just said they. I slurred and I messed up, and he was like no it's okay you can use he/him. WHY DID I EVEN USE THEY/THEM. I feel like an idiot. I just wanted to rant so here you go. If you actually read this, thank you haha.

bluemtndew
02-17-2016, 10:12 PM
And you were forced to change classes because of this?

Chibiusa
02-17-2016, 10:16 PM
And you were forced to change classes because of this?

What no, I guess I made that unclear (sorry ;-;, some classes at my school only take up half of the year, so when it ends I have to go find another class to join into) I'm just talking about what happened in the class lol

- - - Updated - - -

Although it was such an awkward thing to do I wish I had switched a second time haha.

MyLegGuy
02-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Do you speak English at school?

Metalwire
02-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Okay so since some of my classes were only 1 semester long I had to get switched into another class. Just so happens we had to do introductions in our class, except for someone else. We spent a day talking to our partner about their interests, and I messed up- big time (or at least it was big time for me). I LITERALLY FORGOT TO ASK WHAT HIS NAME WAS. Also I've started using they/them pronouns for everybody now, but the problem was; what if he just wanted he/him pronouns? What if he uses She/her pronouns? What if he uses some other pronoun THAT I DONT EVEN KNOWWW. I was panicking like crazy, and I honestly shouldn't have. My anxiety was going everywhere. To my surprise he forgot my name, which is kind of funny lmao. When I introduced the dude, I decided to use they/them pronouns because it doesn't revolve one gender. I SLIPPED UP MAN I SLIPPED UP. I accidentally said he in the middle of my introduction, and me being me- stopped for like 30 seconds and just said they. I slurred and I messed up, and he was like no it's okay you can use he/him. WHY DID I EVEN USE THEY/THEM. I feel like an idiot. I just wanted to rant so here you go. If you actually read this, thank you haha.
it's okay that you made a mistake everyone does. I don't think one can get another person's name instantly it would take time(not really) but I don't think your an idiot nor you should have that Idea. No ones perfect, but everyone's special

Star Wars
02-17-2016, 10:57 PM
I would of probably do that too. I forgot sometimes... well.... A lot.:rolleyes::crazy: