PDA

View Full Version : Negativity or Positivity?

Panko
02-18-2016, 03:55 PM
I recently came into contact with another forumer who had the opinion that negativity is good for your health. I strongly disagree with that but I want to see what others think as well.

YellowPepper
02-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Why are loads of people complaining about that person?

bluemtndew
02-18-2016, 03:58 PM
You can just say it was me. Also I would like to see where I said it was good for your health, because I never did.

Acrystic
02-18-2016, 03:59 PM
I recently came into contact with another forumer who had the opinion that negativity is good for your health. I strongly disagree with that but I want to see what others think as well.

Well, I guess being too positive isn't good for you. You should avoid negativity, but at times, it's necessary.

Panko
02-18-2016, 03:59 PM
You can just say it was me.

I would but I don't want to hurt your feelings, seeing that you don't take helpful criticism well.

PolarisHD
02-18-2016, 04:00 PM
I personally think that there should be a balance between both.

Panko
02-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Well, I guess being too positive isn't good for you. You should avoid negativity, but at times, it's necessary.

I agree, I'm not saying be positive 100% of the time, just saying that being positive more often than being negative can do wonders for your health.

Boomer
02-18-2016, 04:01 PM
"Can I kill you?"
Positive person: "YES!"

"Do you mind if I kill you?"
Negative person: "NO!"

Both are bad for your health.

Panko
02-18-2016, 04:03 PM
"Can I kill you?"
Positive person: "YES!"

"Do you mind if I kill you?"
Negative person: "NO!"

Both are bad for your health.

Being positive doesn't mean saying YES to everything.../fp

It means making the best out of bad situations and not being in a hole of negativity.

You can be positive and still have common sense, that was a terrible example btw.

bluemtndew
02-18-2016, 04:04 PM
I would but I don't want to hurt your feelings, seeing that you don't take helpful criticism well.

There's your issue. You aren't perfect my friend, keep thinking that and you are gonna get hit hard.

You literally asked me for criticism and now you are butthurt because I gave it to you? Hm, kk.

But hey, you can only get so far when you act like an 8 year old.

How helpful

Panko
02-18-2016, 04:06 PM
How helpful

I'm not dealing with your bs right now, if you want to feel bad go ahead.

You asked me for helpful criticism and I gave it to you, you didn't like it so you got butthurt, not my problem.

bluemtndew
02-18-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm not dealing with your bs right now, if you want to feel bad go ahead.

You asked me for helpful criticism and I gave it to you, you didn't like it so you got butthurt, not my problem.

Insults are not criticism. Do you see how I'm being calm and respectful to you right now? Try reciprocating.

Panko
02-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Insults are not criticism. Do you see how I'm being calm and respectful to you right now? Try reciprocating.

I was perfectly calm throughout this. You were throwing a fit on the last thread but I'm not going to get an infraction because you can't accept the truth.

bluemtndew
02-18-2016, 04:14 PM
I was perfectly calm throughout this. You were throwing a fit on the last thread but I'm not going to get an infraction because you can't accept the truth.

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago/page2

I'll just leave this here and let people decide for themselves

Panko
02-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Okay? I didn't ignore the post, what got me to post here is because all I see is you picking the worst out of almost any situation. You're just a negative person I guess and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

Leaving the thread, waste of time.

Actually I'm open to criticism and improving myself so please, lay it on me.

I would also like to know where you got your information from.

Also, are you going to try to help me improve, or are you just going to attack me and then blow me off when I give you the opportunity? Doesn't seem very fair.

I got my information from common sense, if you think that being negative can be better for your body/mind than being positive, then you should probably rethink that.

a good, affirmative, or constructive quality or attribute. -Googles definition of positive.
a word or statement that expresses denial, disagreement, or refusal. -Googles definition of negative.

Hmm. I just don't like the fact of how negative you are, as I stated before.
Maybe the reason you are so negative is because you surround yourself with negative people?
I don't know for sure, all I know is that positivity is a good thing and you shouldn't need a website to tell you that.

But if you must have a source, here's something that I found that I consider to be filled with great info.
http://www.polishmycrown.com/11-facts-about-positivity/#.VsXnulUrLnA

Edit: Here's another hint, not everything is fair in life, and if you expect that it is, you will be let down in the future my friend.

Oh, so you're talking out of your ass. Okay then.

I like to go off this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n2tmNWn1ec

At least he provides sources, unlike yourself

No, I actually think before I speak, which may be hard for you to do. But it's okay, I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not see the source I added?

You really need to think before posting lol, that truly applies for you my friend.

You can obviously see that I quoted you before you posted it.

I'm going to stop replying to you now as you're not trying to be helpful but in fact are simply trying to hurt my feelings. You are the one who needs to reevaluate yourself, not me.

There's your issue. You aren't perfect my friend, keep thinking that and you are gonna get hit hard.

You literally asked me for criticism and now you are butthurt because I gave it to you? Hm, kk.

But hey, you can only get so far when you act like an 8 year old.

^^^ You asked for it and I gave it to you. Yes, I came at you in the first place for being negative all the time, but you then ASKED for the criticism, which I gave to you and you didn't like it so don't try and play a twist on what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago/page2

Good idea.

If you don't like when someone is negative to you, don't be negative in the first place. End of story.

Bob Will
02-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Both you kiddos need to calm down before you start getting infractions

PolarisHD
02-18-2016, 05:02 PM

Since you said that, I might as well do it.

I'd have to say that Panko was pretty aggressive throughout the argument and suprisingly, most of the the things you said were pretty tame.

You said that you appreciate his criticism (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238746&viewfull=1#post2238746) and now you call it insults.

You asked for criticism (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238756&viewfull=1#post2238756) but he never replied.

You asked for it again (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238788&viewfull=1#post2238788) and he kind of gave you the criticism you wanted (I think that there is a misunderstanding here, but I'll explain it further later) (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238801&viewfull=1#post2238801) which didn't have any insults as far as I know and you replied something rude (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238805&viewfull=1#post2238805).

The misunderstanding I was talking about is that him thinking that you think that negativity is a good thing. The reason why I think he misunderstood it is because you asked where he got that information which can be seen as disagreeing with his post if you think about it.

In conclusion, Panko never gave you the criticism you wanted. He still kind of did, but that post was mostly a reply to the "positive/negative" argument.

I know that the argument had stopped, but I just wanted to state out my opinion on it. xP

Edit: Seems like he got banned right after I posted this.

voidgaming
02-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Well,hes been banned :p

abt79
02-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Well that's a shame what happened to blue

Anyways negativity is good sometimes, you should feel guilty if you do something bad and should be open to constructive criticism towards correcting your flaws

Eviil
02-18-2016, 06:25 PM

Sources on google prove it bro. I trust Google more than my mom.

- - - Updated - - -

You can just say it was me. Also I would like to see where I said it was good for your health, because I never did.

But I was the one who said that statement.

Panko
02-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Since you said that, I might as well do it.

I'd have to say that Panko was pretty aggressive throughout the argument and suprisingly, most of the the things you said were pretty tame.

You said that you appreciate his criticism (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238746&viewfull=1#post2238746) and now you call it insults.

You asked for criticism (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238756&viewfull=1#post2238756) but he never replied.

You asked for it again (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238788&viewfull=1#post2238788) and he kind of gave you the criticism you wanted (I think that there is a misunderstanding here, but I'll explain it further later) (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238801&viewfull=1#post2238801) which didn't have any insults as far as I know and you replied something rude (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?308558-There-s-a-mod-named-Amity-2-years-ago&p=2238805&viewfull=1#post2238805).

The misunderstanding I was talking about is that him thinking that you think that negativity is a good thing. The reason why I think he misunderstood it is because you asked where he got that information which can be seen as disagreeing with his post if you think about it.

In conclusion, Panko never gave you the criticism you wanted. He still kind of did, but that post was mostly a reply to the "positive/negative" argument.

I know that the argument had stopped, but I just wanted to state out my opinion on it. xP

Edit: Seems like he got banned right after I posted this.

Pretty much sums it up, thanks.

Panko
02-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Sources on google prove it bro. I trust Google more than my mom.

- - - Updated - - -

But I was the one who said that statement.

Okay. I agree with what was recently stated. You need a balance of both in order to achieve whatever it is you are aiming for. Too much of anything isn't good for you. So yes, you have a point there.

Eviil
02-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Okay. I agree with what was recently stated. You need a balance of both in order to achieve whatever it is you are aiming for. Too much of anything isn't good for you. So yes, you have a point there.

Wanna meet up in game sometime? You're an interesting fella. . .

Panko
02-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Wanna meet up in game sometime? You're an interesting fella. . .

Sure, I'm going to take that in a good way lmao.

I'll be on in about 2 hours, work for you?

PS. The Quotes in your siggy are 100% on point.

Eviil
02-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Sure, I'm going to take that in a good way lmao.

I'll be on in about 2 hours, work for you?

PS. The Quotes in your siggy are 100% on point.

I'm lurking on forums the whole day, tomorrow I'll be on growtopia. :) the quotes are 100% random as well.

Panko
02-18-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm lurking on forums the whole day, tomorrow I'll be on growtopia. :) the quotes are 100% random as well.

I spend 50% of my time on the forums.

The quotes are like exactly what I "believe". I have a different view on public schools than most people.

Eviil
02-18-2016, 07:50 PM
I spend 50% of my time on the forums.

The quotes are like exactly what I "believe". I have a different view on public schools than most people.

I spend time on forums when I can't play online. Yesterday and today are forum days.
Public schools and schools in general teach mostly nothing. C'mon let's face it- who really needs to learn the same things again every single year? You fail and year and that's another year less to live. You do really good and there's pressure. You go out and pursue your dreams? People laugh at you- no support in most cases. I understand if people feel the need for kids to pass college at least but...most classes are just a waste of time. Adults that are working always say that they get the rough breaks-hmm...I would like them to ask kids who have chose to suicide because of the nonstop work and pressure. Bottom line is I agree and think I know what you "believe" in.

Panko
02-18-2016, 08:14 PM
I spend time on forums when I can't play online. Yesterday and today are forum days.
Public schools and schools in general teach mostly nothing. C'mon let's face it- who really needs to learn the same things again every single year? You fail and year and that's another year less to live. You do really good and there's pressure. You go out and pursue your dreams? People laugh at you- no support in most cases. I understand if people feel the need for kids to pass college at least but...most classes are just a waste of time. Adults that are working always say that they get the rough breaks-hmm...I would like them to ask kids who have chose to suicide because of the nonstop work and pressure. Bottom line is I agree and think I know what you "believe" in.

^^^^ GOOD STUFF

I was chatting with my grandma the other day and she asked me how school was going and blah blah blah.I am failing 3 of my classes and passing the other 4. Basically, she got onto the topic that school was always hard for her and that a lot of people in this family have had problems with public teaching methods. I told her I struggle to the point where I feel like I want to just get up and flip the desk and ask the teacher why I am even there. Well she ended up telling me how SHE views the schools and it was like I was taking a walk through my own mind. She said she dropped out before highschool (they were eligible to do that way back then) because she never got any of the teachings. Like let's be real here, I doubt I am ever going to have to apply 80% of the things I learn in school, into my every day life. That is saying something too, she made it through life into her 60s currently without having a highschool diploma. Same with my grandpa, her husband. He dropped out and they both still made a living, putting clothes on the back of 5 children, feeding their family, keeping a house. They didn't even get INTO highschool and they made it happen.

In my opinion, you should have to go to school to learn the MANDATORY life skills, such as social skills, adding, subtracting, proper grammar, etc. The basics. I know that if it was up to my dad, neither me nor my siblings would be in public school. We would all be home schooled, learning what we need to know from our parents, which is the way it should be. That is how people used to learn before school was a thing, they were taught by their elders. They made it through life, and probably a hell of a lot happier too.

Along with all of this, I hate how everyone stuck in the rat race, just assumes every highschool students wants to go to a college. I am a freshman and I can't tell you how many times I have been asked "what are your plans after highschool", and "which college are you planning on going to". I usually just answer I don't know or I haven't thought about it, but in my head I am just thinking like...sheesh, I am not even finished with my first of four years in this hell hole and you already want to be asking me about what my plans are for in four years? Hell if I know, I could be dead in four years, I don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow.

I could go on forever about this honestly.
I would keep ranting, but I don't know how far I should take it. Depends how deep you go into the whole illuminati thing. People take that as a joke, but they aren't far from the truth. Things aren't just coincidences anymore, something has to be causing them and people are starting to see that. :rolleyes:

Tohru
02-18-2016, 08:40 PM
To me, it just depends on the person.

Negative can be good; it can get you to work harder. For example, a competition. One girl beats your running time and you dislike her, you can think of how awesome it would be to beat her. That is negative of some sort, and it can motivate you. I personally have negativity fueling me sometimes. I pressure myself in order to get good grades, and I also think of how terrible I am, but it just helps me realize my own flaws to make me a better person.

Too much positivity isn't that great either; it will cause you to not be careful, misunderstand, and do something carelessly that will hurt others. Sure, it can help you keep your game up during tough situations like bullying and all, but to a certain extent. It's okay to break down and cry by yourself or with someone you trust, or tell yourself you're bad at the worst times. But as long as we get back up I think that is the true meaning of positivity and negativity.

This kind of reminds me of ying yang. In the symbol, one part is dark, and it has a light circle inside it. This shows how that even when there is an evil or negative thing, there is always that small positive or hopeful thinking inside. And the other way around for positivity. It's good to keep a balance of both in order to maintain your health, and most people lean towards the positive side.

If someone is negative and can't handle it, then they should switch over. It just depends how one thinks and how they feel (notice I'm not saying how strong they are). As I have stated earlier, each person was born to be different. I myself get a bunch of work, expectations, and pressure, but I live. Negativity also teaches life lessons, like trust and understanding.

If you get what I'm saying, maybe that person who stated that opinion meant this kind of thing.

Regarding the other topics about school, I get what ya mean. Some jobs don't require a college degree, and life does not revolve around college. But adults feel that it is the best way to succeed, and they don't actually understand how it works because times change things.

I have planned out almost everything for the next few years naturally due to this pressure and such, but just be positive. Those people are condescending and should realize the pressure they are putting on students. There are always those people who like to do so to make you think about it.

ElectroDream
02-18-2016, 08:50 PM
I'd rather see both sides and see what's more rational. I don't know; sometimes I may be positive as heck and the next day I'll be a "negative nancy".

:rolleyes:

Tempting
02-18-2016, 09:22 PM
I prefer being pessimistic. Being positive and negative are both opinions, so there's no 'real' correct answer.

Eviil
02-18-2016, 10:09 PM
^^^^ GOOD STUFF

I was chatting with my grandma the other day and she asked me how school was going and blah blah blah.I am failing 3 of my classes and passing the other 4. Basically, she got onto the topic that school was always hard for her and that a lot of people in this family have had problems with public teaching methods. I told her I struggle to the point where I feel like I want to just get up and flip the desk and ask the teacher why I am even there. Well she ended up telling me how SHE views the schools and it was like I was taking a walk through my own mind. She said she dropped out before highschool (they were eligible to do that way back then) because she never got any of the teachings. Like let's be real here, I doubt I am ever going to have to apply 80% of the things I learn in school, into my every day life. That is saying something too, she made it through life into her 60s currently without having a highschool diploma. Same with my grandpa, her husband. He dropped out and they both still made a living, putting clothes on the back of 5 children, feeding their family, keeping a house. They didn't even get INTO highschool and they made it happen.

In my opinion, you should have to go to school to learn the MANDATORY life skills, such as social skills, adding, subtracting, proper grammar, etc. The basics. I know that if it was up to my dad, neither me nor my siblings would be in public school. We would all be home schooled, learning what we need to know from our parents, which is the way it should be. That is how people used to learn before school was a thing, they were taught by their elders. They made it through life, and probably a hell of a lot happier too.

Along with all of this, I hate how everyone stuck in the rat race, just assumes every highschool students wants to go to a college. I am a freshman and I can't tell you how many times I have been asked "what are your plans after highschool", and "which college are you planning on going to". I usually just answer I don't know or I haven't thought about it, but in my head I am just thinking like...sheesh, I am not even finished with my first of four years in this hell hole and you already want to be asking me about what my plans are for in four years? Hell if I know, I could be dead in four years, I don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow.

I could go on forever about this honestly.
I would keep ranting, but I don't know how far I should take it. Depends how deep you go into the whole illuminati thing. People take that as a joke, but they aren't far from the truth. Things aren't just coincidences anymore, something has to be causing them and people are starting to see that. :rolleyes:

I agree with everything that's been said and I understand the situation. I'm currently in 7th grade. I'm not even finished with the grade but my parents got plans already. Which is pretty damn crazy and sucks in every single way. I know they're just doing this for the better of my good and future but where's my opinions? In around a year and a half I'm off to a specialized high school called "Stuyvesant." That point in my life will no doubt be harder than what I've faced so far. I'm expected to get a minimum of 90% on my tests (my average on statewides range from a score of 4-4.5). To the adults I work with they might not think that I'm under pressure and struggling to maintain what I have, but to me it's a whole other matter. But 'nuff with this bs I'm off to another thread. :wave:

abt79
02-18-2016, 11:28 PM
You can still be positive about doing something wrong, and aiming to correct it.

There's this ridiculous notion these days that anyone who criticizes, dislikes, or disagrees with something or someone is a "hater" whose opinion is irrelevant

|ThyLuigi|
02-19-2016, 12:10 AM

A good balance of negativity and positivity is healthy, otherwise you'll be blinded by only looking on one side of a situation.

Metalwire
02-19-2016, 12:15 AM
Negativity is good for you but having to much Influence can have bad affects. It's best to balance between the positive and the negatives. Anything that doesn't seem to good is still a necessity because it keeps things cycling.