PDA

View Full Version : United States v. Apple

Bruce Wayne
02-18-2016, 09:58 PM
This news story is everywhere, nobodys talking about it so yeah.

Do you think Apple is wrong to not give the FBI a way to get into your Apple device?

Personally, I respect Apples decision to block the FBI from getting software to get into all Apple devices. Hell, even Google backs them up.

Elusive
02-18-2016, 10:01 PM
As long as my iPod doesn't get any viruses.

Bruce Wayne
02-18-2016, 10:10 PM
As long as my iPod doesn't get any viruses.

Its the FBI, not some sketchy website. Hell, you would never even know that the FBI would be in your phone.

Sk8ter
02-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Can the FBI get into your android device?

Bruce Wayne
02-18-2016, 10:36 PM

The FBI can't get into either right now, Apple has 5 days to oppose the court order. So, no.

YellowPepper
02-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Luckily I have an iPad! : D

Eviil
02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
It's my device- paid for it using my $$$; so what gives them the right?

Bruce Wayne
02-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Luckily I have an iPad! : D
That doesn't mean that they can't get into it, if Apple loses then they are all at risk.

It's my device- paid for it using my $$$; so what gives them the right?
The FBI thinks that since they are investigating this, that they have the right to recieve software that can get into all Apple devices. They say it can only be used once, but Apple says that the FBI could recreate this to spy on even foreign citizens.

YellowPepper
02-18-2016, 10:59 PM
^^

I know :crazy:

Wait! Nooooo! the FBI might catch me picking my nose!

Dinobones62
02-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Everyone has the right of freedom of speech and personal information. The FBI would violate this and get millions of important information and probably leak it some how. (Hey anonymous hacked the FBI before)

Eviil
02-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Everyone has the right of freedom of speech and personal information. The FBI would violate this and get millions of important information and probably leak it some how. (Hey anonymous hacked the FBI before)

Exactly. My information is at risk. Apple is doing the right thing.

mrthadawee
02-18-2016, 11:16 PM
lol everyone knows that Apple already has backdoors in all their devices, so does Google and Microsoft and the FBI has direct access to them all. The fact is that Apple has already given the FBI what they want, the media is just spinning a story to keep Apple's sales safe in places like China where they're more skeptical to snooping from the West (with good reason)

Hipsters who buy Apple phones and think they're still secure are only fooling themselves.

Panko
02-18-2016, 11:23 PM
Its the FBI, not some sketchy website. Hell, you would never even know that the FBI would be in your phone.

Lmao not like they aren't already watching. They know everything and anything people do, they know exactly what any single person searches and they can track ANY activity online. It's crazy how much power they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people believe that anonymous is an "off brand" version of the FBI :rolleyes:

Kinda like the FBI created anonymous just to distract the blind sheep so they can't see the real image.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes...they are watching everything you do.

I would put my money on them being able to get into any device.

Dinobones62
02-18-2016, 11:24 PM
lol everyone knows that Apple already has backdoors in all their devices, so does Google and Microsoft and the FBI has direct access to them all. The fact is that Apple has already given the FBI what they want, the media is just spinning a story to keep Apple's sales safe in places like China where they're more skeptical to snooping from the West (with good reason)

Hipsters who buy Apple phones and think they're still secure are only fooling themselves.

The only secure phone is a Nokia brick

MyLegGuy
02-18-2016, 11:41 PM
I'd be fine if that was done. Then everybody would notice yet another reason why Android is better.

|ThyLuigi|
02-18-2016, 11:49 PM
I think it's good, people should be allowed some privacy with their devices.

Reballoo
02-18-2016, 11:56 PM
You are not telling it like it is, if you want to make a discussion thread, you need to provide an unbiased report, then state your opinion later. The FBI wants access to one specific phone that happens to be made by Apple. They want access to a phone that was used in terrorist activities and they feel it is necessary to get into this one specific phone, and Apple does not want to give them access to the phone because they feel they would be betraying their customers.

Bruce Wayne
02-19-2016, 12:02 AM
You are not telling it like it is, if you want to make a discussion thread, you need to provide an unbiased report, then state your opinion later. The FBI wants access to one specific phone that happens to be made by Apple. They want access to a phone that was used in terrorist activities and they feel it is necessary to get into this one specific phone, and Apple does not want to give them access to the phone because they feel they would be betraying their customers.

That's what I said. Read the entire thread before posting. Also, read the news. Apple says that the FBI will use it to get into an uncountable number of devices, perhaps all.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao not like they aren't already watching. They know everything and anything people do, they know exactly what any single person searches and they can track ANY activity online. It's crazy how much power they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people believe that anonymous is an "off brand" version of the FBI :rolleyes:

Kinda like the FBI created anonymous just to distract the blind sheep so they can't see the real image.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes...they are watching everything you do.

I would put my money on them being able to get into any device.

Why would the FBI risk having their image tarnished so Apple can have good sales? Why would the FBI sue Apple? Why would the FBI get into the trouble of getting a warrant? Why would Google, Apples competitor, back up Apple?

You didn't answer that.

TehPug
02-19-2016, 03:46 AM
This is like those movies where the government is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

lolgal96
02-19-2016, 11:04 AM
i love my iphone but i ain't want the fbi in it.

VincecraftTN
02-19-2016, 12:28 PM
^^
Too late m8

Panko
02-19-2016, 02:08 PM
That's what I said. Read the entire thread before posting. Also, read the news. Apple says that the FBI will use it to get into an uncountable number of devices, perhaps all.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the FBI risk having their image tarnished so Apple can have good sales? Why would the FBI sue Apple? Why would the FBI get into the trouble of getting a warrant? Why would Google, Apples competitor, back up Apple?

You didn't answer that.
It's all a distraction my friend.

When is everyone going to realize that?

darksnake99
02-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Theres a slight bit of false information here. Instead of explaining what, I encourage peeps to reread this http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/ . Also take into consider Snowden's revelations. It's not "the FBI is gonna have access to your info" its "the FBI already has the access to your info".

Apples claim is making a backdoor would mean the general public would also be able to abuse it and not just the FBI.
Though rumor has it, Apple already has backdoors, they just dont want to hand it over.

Thanks for posting this. The misinformation in this thread was just mind boggling.

To the rest of you, realize the FBI isn't going for huge metadata collection like the NSA or anything like that. The only reason they want access is so they can see that data on one of the San Bernardino gunmen's phone. There could be some very important information there, and it is not a issue of privacy, since the owner is dead.

Spotlight
02-19-2016, 09:10 PM
I personally hate Apple and think their products are garbage, but I agree with them on this decision.

Bruce Wayne
02-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks for posting this. The misinformation in this thread was just mind boggling.

To the rest of you, realize the FBI isn't going for huge metadata collection like the NSA or anything like that. The only reason they want access is so they can see that data on one of the San Bernardino gunmen's phone. There could be some very important information there, and it is not a issue of privacy, since the owner is dead.

Actually, I got these statements from several different sources.