PDA

View Full Version : 'World's Cheapest Smartphone' Goes On Sale For $4 In India

Indicative
02-20-2016, 04:50 PM
The Freedom 251 runs on Lolipop Android 5.1 and has a 4-inch display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, and a 1,450 mAh battery. It comes with a 3.2-megapixel rear camera and a 0.3-megapixel front camera. The phone also comes with 8GB of internal storage, which can be expanded by another 32GB using a microSD card.

What do you think? :panic:

XxSian123xX
02-20-2016, 04:52 PM
The Freedom 251 runs on Lolipop Android 5.1 and has a 4-inch display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, and a 1,450 mAh battery. It comes with a 3.2-megapixel rear camera and a 0.3-megapixel front camera. The phone also comes with 8GB of internal storage, which can be expanded by another 32GB using a microSD card.

for 4 dollars/bucks its a good phone for the price

CrazyChick
02-20-2016, 04:52 PM
ERROR 404, TRY AGAIN LATER

Venus
02-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Mobile Gaming If there is such a thing Ever ....

XxSian123xX
02-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Now remind me what are PHONEs for?:panic:

gaming xD lol......................................

Tempting
02-20-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty phones should only need calling, texting, and half decent pictures. That's why I have a flip phone.

PolarisHD
02-20-2016, 05:01 PM
I don't know whether those specs are good or not. All I can say is that it's really similar to an iPhone.

Venus
02-20-2016, 05:02 PM
So call me on my Flipphone
You should see the reference

Shadin Siddique
02-20-2016, 05:11 PM
The Freedom 251 is also ₹251 (price) in India, that's probably why they gave a weird name. It's a cool phone, don't have it but there's some rumours saying that the company had put some whitener to cover the original company of the phone; Adcom.

LURD
02-20-2016, 06:42 PM
The Freedom 251 is also ₹251 (price) in India, that's probably why they gave a weird name. It's a cool phone, don't have it but there's some rumours saying that the company had put some whitener to cover the original company of the phone; Adcom.

Adcom created and designed the phone, but it will be produced in India.
The company that creates these phones is a fairly new company that wants to expand their business and get media attention. They aren't profiting from this phone (they probably produce it for like 20-25 dollars) but they are getting famous for it. They'll probably only have a few thousand of those phones, and start creating higher end phones, which they can easily sell since they became famous from those cheap phones.

genpasaporte922
02-21-2016, 12:16 AM

That's very good for $4 already.

Imagine, an 1GB RAM... and a 8 GB internal storage..

Here, it costs about Php3000 ($70) for that kind of phone.. So that's really worth it.

craft3d
02-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Has anyone actually considered that this phone is very il-rational and very not well thought out?

The Freedom 251's design was actually stolen from one Chinese company and was sold as a counterfeit (to earlier customers), and the name of the company was barely scraped out by an utterly half-assed attempt to use white out to hide the name.

Also, a theory has arisen that this phone is most likely stockpiled with spyware and could be using the cheap price as a ploy to harvest on your money and earnings, which seems actually very close to a very plausible case.

Whether or not these suspicions are confirmed, I do like the idea they are trying to experiment with. I can see that this is a moreover social ideal that will allow their company to become a headliner in most people's minds when shopping for phones while hard on cash.

However, and this is my view for some of populace, not all, but some of the production that has been shipped from the Middle Eastern facilities has been defective and non-functional, and this could be just another one of those shticks.