PDA

View Full Version : Browser issues

Panko
02-22-2016, 11:40 PM
Hey. So I ran a scan and it said that I have 2 programs that are potential threats on my computer, and I have no clue what they are. I mean, they tell me what they are but I have never heard of them. They are browser hijackers, atleast that's what I read online. And everywhere I go, it tells me to download other programs to get rid of it, but I don't know if that's the best idea here.

Can anyone help me out? I don't know much on computers and I have 0 clue what to do, thanks.

Metalwire
02-22-2016, 11:44 PM
Hey. So I ran a scan and it said that I have 2 programs that are potential threats on my computer, and I have no clue what they are. I mean, they tell me what they are but I have never heard of them. They are browser hijackers, atleast that's what I read online. And everywhere I go, it tells me to download other programs to get rid of it, but I don't know if that's the best idea here.

Can anyone help me out? I don't know much on computers and I have 0 clue what to do, thanks.
The reason it tells you to download more programs is because it's just their to advertise or it can be a possible threat installing such unknown programs, best way would be to contact geek squad they tend to take control of your computer and fix it from their
http://www.geeksquad.com/chat-with-an-agent/

darksnake99
02-22-2016, 11:46 PM
What did you run a scan with? Can you post a screenshot?

Panko
02-22-2016, 11:49 PM
What did you run a scan with? Can you post a screenshot?

I scanned with Malwarebites anti malware. I don't have a screenshot and I already closed the program, I don't really feel like running another scam. I also searched the computer for the name of the program and it couldn't find it.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason it tells you to download more programs is because it's just their to advertise or it can be a possible threat installing such unknown programs, best way would be to contact geek squad they tend to take control of your computer and fix it from their
http://www.geeksquad.com/chat-with-an-agent/

Thanks I will try it out.

Metalwire
02-22-2016, 11:50 PM
I scanned with Malwarebites anti malware. I don't have a screenshot and I already closed the program, I don't really feel like running another scam. I also searched the computer for the name of the program and it couldn't find it.
Click the Link I gave you

Panko
02-22-2016, 11:51 PM
Click the Link I gave you

I did, I'm chatting with an agent right now. Thank you, hopefully this works.

Gusto
02-22-2016, 11:59 PM
After you scan with Malewarebytes, why don't you just delete them? Run a full scan and then delete. Malewarebytes is amazing :cool:

Panko
02-23-2016, 12:03 AM
After you scan with Malewarebytes, why don't you just delete them? Run a full scan and then delete. Malewarebytes is amazing :cool:

True that. But I have the free version so I am pretty sure I am limited to that. I also searched my computer for the name of the prgram and nothing popped up...

Gusto
02-23-2016, 12:06 AM
True that. But I have the free version so I am pretty sure I am limited to that. I also searched my computer for the name of the prgram and nothing popped up...

Nah fam. You can delete them straight from Malewarebytes after finishing the scan, let it do the work for you.

Panko
02-23-2016, 12:07 AM
Nah fam. You can delete them straight from Malewarebytes after finishing the scan, let it do the work for you.

Which scam do I run? I am guessing threat scan?

Gusto
02-23-2016, 12:10 AM
Which scam do I run? I am guessing threat scan?

Yup. Then wait and delete :cool:

Panko
02-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Yup. Then wait and delete :cool:
Alright thanks man.

Panko
02-23-2016, 12:21 AM
Ask Mario

Who dat...