PDA

View Full Version : How Does Cubic Castles Work?

24elijah24
02-23-2016, 02:28 PM
I've seen a couple of people hate on a game called Cubic Castles, what's that game all about? Is it some sort of copy of Growtopia???

abt79
02-23-2016, 07:37 PM
It could be described as similar to Growtopia, but 3D, and the crafting system is extremely weaker (you could get every craftable item in the game in an hour or so) and because there is no way to effectively farm cubits(which is the game's equivalent to gems) the paywall is much more of a hard barrier.

DanxMat
02-23-2016, 08:00 PM
It could be described as similar to Growtopia, but 3D, and the crafting system is extremely weaker (you could get every craftable item in the game in an hour or so) and because there is no way to effectively farm cubits(which is the game's equivalent to gems) the paywall is much more of a hard barrier.

sorry but no. get me 10 accelorings in an hour with no starting items.

abt79
02-23-2016, 08:02 PM
sorry but no. get me 10 accelorings in an hour with no starting items.

I really could, mining silver gold and iron just isn't that hard. I did say "an hour or so" not just "an hour".

Even if you couldn't though, you must see my point. Crafting in Growtopia is so innovative and so much deeper.

Liammagoo
02-23-2016, 09:02 PM
Much more p2w at the beginning, however the currency can be traded.
Wether it's better or worse than gt I won't say, nor ever will.

- - - Updated - - -

I really could, mining silver gold and iron just isn't that hard. I did say "an hour or so" not just "an hour".

Even if you couldn't though, you must see my point. Crafting in Growtopia is so innovative and so much deeper.

You actually need to level up now to unlock the ability to mine gold/silver, haha.

tigerpoop GT
02-23-2016, 09:19 PM
In Cubic Castles, event items are really hard to make. You need to buy them from Gems or there are no other ways (except from events on the forum which is really hard to win). You can't craft event items or anything within the event week. But, there is a good item on that game that really made me happy. That is the Prize Dispenser... You'll know it deeper once you played it.

abt79
02-23-2016, 11:47 PM

- - - Updated - - -

You actually need to level up now to unlock the ability to mine gold/silver, haha.

Really now?

Bah, that's some garbage. Growtopia is much better, crafting is open to everyone and diverse, useful, and deep

|ThyLuigi|
02-24-2016, 12:55 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious.

Like damn, how the hell are you supposed to get cubits? I can't imagine people off the forums are having fun finding buyers for all their dirt.

Linkoftime
02-24-2016, 01:03 AM
Screw that game lol cubits are hard as hell to get

ZZZebra94
02-24-2016, 02:25 AM
Bias alert! Growtopia-ified people commenting!

Let me give you the perspective of a diehard CC fan.

The game is quite creative, the devs are VERY social with the community, but the main flaw is the economy. The economy was screwed from the start. We've got those rich brats like this one player named BillyBoo, who thinks they're better than everyone else by buying cubits. Yes, there is no limit to how much cubits you could buy, so with enough money, I could buy enough cubits to make things like Krampus masks look like dirt.
As for farming, *cough* *cough* daily quests.
Also, to those people who call the crafting system "weak," I have a challenge. Get me 100 laser cutters by the end of two hours. Good luck.

abt79
02-24-2016, 02:27 AM
Bias alert! Growtopia-ified people commenting!

I would say that if Growtopia didn't exist I would probably consider Cubic Castles a better game (if it existed at all without GT's influence). Of course, GT being what it is, CC is worse in almost every way.

Hippohello2
02-25-2016, 10:17 PM
I've seen a couple of people hate on a game called Cubic Castles, what's that game all about? Is it some sort of copy of Growtopia???honestly thereis nothing alike about the two. you can say growtopia is copying terraria. Cubic castles is pretty easy to play, bans are much shorter, but rules are highly enforced. not as many scammers (but its a new game) and they have a good community. and also to the people who think the craftng system is easy, give me 100 acellorings, 50 laser cutters, and 25 ruby, emerald, and diamond slabs in two days. Good luck. Growtopia is much more welcoming, but they have a very hostile community. That stuff will get you banned real quick. All you have to do to get cubits in cubic castles is farm rubber, cotton, and all types of berries and sell them 10/1c. You can't look at a game, play it for five seconds and say "i hate this."

abt79
02-25-2016, 10:32 PM
honestly thereis nothing alike about the two. you can say growtopia is copying terraria. Cubic castles is pretty easy to play, bans are much shorter, but rules are highly enforced. not as many scammers (but its a new game) and they have a good community. and also to the people who think the craftng system is easy, give me 100 acellorings, 50 laser cutters, and 25 ruby, emerald, and diamond slabs in two days. Good luck. Growtopia is much more welcoming, but they have a very hostile community. That stuff will get you banned real quick. All you have to do to get cubits in cubic castles is farm rubber, cotton, and all types of berries and sell them 10/1c. You can't look at a game, play it for five seconds and say "i hate this."

Although I have no way to say for certain one is copying the other, there are definitely ways they are alike, such as:
-"hollas"=broadcasts
-Breaking blocks giving you [insert micro-transaction currency] at random
-little worlds you can name and build in (free in GT (but locked for a price), cost a damn ton of buyable cash in CC)

The only differences I see are the crafting system (Growtopia's is innovative and unique, CC's is basically the same crafting systems as a million other crafting MMO's I've seen, although done rather well it's nothing new) and the fact that because cubits are harder to get than gems it's more of a paywall than a pay-but-only-if-you're-lazy. I guess 3D too, but meh camera orientation is a less important feature to me

I played CC for a few hours and really tried to like it, but ultimately Growtopia is a better game.

As for the whole "people who think the craftng system is easy, give me 100 acellorings, 50 laser cutters, and 25 ruby, emerald, and diamond slabs in two days"--well I don't know what laser cutters and diamond rings are, but accellorings really aren't that hard to get, just mine a bit of iron, silver, and gold.

ImAPogo
02-25-2016, 11:50 PM
-little worlds you can name and build in (free in GT (but locked for a price), cost a damn ton of buyable cash in CC)

well you actually get a Deed(worlds in CC) for free.

And one more thing,in CC,theres daily quest that will give you 50 cubits,which is an easy one.Like you need to break an amount of something which sometimes can be found(well usually) in mines(tropical,forest,arctic,mountain)

abt79
02-26-2016, 01:12 AM
well you actually get a Deed(worlds in CC) for free.

And one more thing,in CC,theres daily quest that will give you 50 cubits,which is an easy one.Like you need to break an amount of something which sometimes can be found(well usually) in mines(tropical,forest,arctic,mountain)

I've played for the past day or two after this thread (a tiny bit) and haven't got a daily quest. They were probably the best thing the game had going for it, but they were either removed or are now strangely harder to get

Deadpulse
02-26-2016, 01:19 AM
Abt79 did ypu finished the other quests?? Becahse you can get new quests, when you still have the old...

Plus When it comes to the economy CUBIC CASTLES is better, less scammers than here

Easy to get cubits..
Not a p2w game

Just mine dirt sell to a person done
Cubits.. Easy..

|ThyLuigi|
02-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Abt79 did ypu finished the other quests?? Becahse you can get new quests, when you still have the old...

Plus When it comes to the economy CUBIC CASTLES is better, less scammers than here

Easy to get cubits..
Not a p2w game

Cubits.. Easy..

"10/10 gameplay" - IGN

"It only took twenty-six hours to get enough dirt to sell for 200 cubits" - Game Informer

"MORE DIRT! 9/10" - Videogame Venturers

abt79
02-26-2016, 02:14 AM

Easy to get cubits..
Not a p2w game

Cubits.. Easy..

You can't even farm dirt though, you have to go in mines (where you can't build btw) and pick up every single block from the ground

Also you have no choice but to involve yourself in an often unfair economy in a small game or give up and buy cubits for irl moneys, you can't farm cubits straight up

Deadpulse
02-26-2016, 05:48 AM
You can't even farm dirt though, you have to go in mines (where you can't build btw) and pick up every single block from the ground

Also you have no choice but to involve yourself in an often unfair economy in a small game or give up and buy cubits for irl moneys, you can't farm cubits straight up

did you even know there are farmable in game?? where the trees grow every 1 hour and farm them every hour...

abt79
02-26-2016, 12:14 PM
did you even know there are farmable in game?? where the trees grow every 1 hour and farm them every hour...

Rubber trees, I know. That's not farming cubits though, that's farming an extremely common, fairly useless item, that is worth next to nothing.

The worst part is that the only craft able clothing looks like you just painted a bit of your body a different color, and all clothing serves no functional purpose. No reason to craft except for blocks, and although some blocks are interesting they're too easy to craft and are at best blocks that move your character, so they're just not a goal worth my time.