PDA

View Full Version : Drama, Criticism, Bashing, and Discussion: A Dummy's Guide

|ThyLuigi|
02-24-2016, 02:08 AM
Drama is the bane of lurkers, moderators, administrators, and for many regular old forumers. The very mention of it harbors negative connotation. In the midst of a drama filled argument, insults and slurs are a common occurence. But the greatest fallacy comes when people attack each other because they think the other was doing the same. Today I present a light in the fog, A Dummy's Guide.
aaTo first understand what the problem is and how to avoid it, we have to know what the difference between discussion and drama is.
Drama:
A scene of vulgarity, obscenity, and unkindness towards others usually prompted by an argument which could otherwise be avoided with the capacity to respect others.

Discussion:
An intelligent display of two or more parties that harbor different beliefs on a subject, those involved are peaceful and respectful.

With those, we can now make a list of what NOT to do at any given point, luckily neither are too hard to comprehend.
• Insults. When a string of words is put together to attack another, drama ensues and idiocy conquers. It is crucial to remember how to be a decent human being when one wishes to participate in society.

• Taking offense. Taking offense, specifically when undeserving, can lead to what makes a discussion deteriorate into utter chaos. It is important to decipher between criticism and insult.

In that case, we had better what seperates the two.
Insult
An insult is meant to hurt someone, and belittle them to the point of no longer being there. Insults do NOT benefit anyone, and only worsen those around the attacker.

Criticism
Criticism is meant to better something, whether it be a person, thing, or idea; it is a basis to build upon and has the ability to better those who welcome it.

As seen many times on these forums as well as in other places, the differences between drama and discussion, criticism and insult, elude many. Onlookers, however, always have the upperhand in perceiving such a seperation simply due to the shift in perspective. When those spectators choose to speak of what they see, ignorance takes hold of those engulfed in the drama and deny any hope for redemption. Your job is to prevent any of these situations from happening, and therefore improving the environment you are in. If the majority can create a greater place, a better place will soon follow suit.

JOSHIE63
02-24-2016, 02:19 AM
Thanks for describing the three things forumers cannot handle. This will definitely help the vacuous twelve year old mind.

No, this is not sarcasm.

Neither was that.

I am not trying to sound sarcastic.

With each line I sound more sarcastic.

I will stop now.

abt79
02-24-2016, 02:29 AM
WHAAAAAAT!? HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME WITH THIS THREAD, HATER KID!?

I can't believe you'd have such a :poop:ty opinion and disagree with me. Stupid haters always causing drama. Ugh, children:nope::nope:

Applez
02-24-2016, 02:35 AM
WHAAAAAAT!? HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME WITH THIS THREAD, HATER KID!?

I can't believe you'd have such a :poop:ty opinion and disagree with me. Stupid haters always causing drama. Ugh, children:nope::nope:

inb4 mods cant realize this is a joke

abt79
02-24-2016, 02:44 AM
inb4 mods cant realize this is a joke

:ninja:tfw this is probably true

EQG
02-24-2016, 02:51 AM
Drama is the bane of lurkers, moderators, administrators, and for many regular old forumers. The very mention of it harbors negative connotation. In the midst of a drama filled argument, insults and slurs are a common occurence. But the greatest fallacy comes when people attack each other because they think the other was doing the same. Today I present a light in the fog, A Dummy's Guide.
aaTo first understand what the problem is and how to avoid it, we have to know what the difference between discussion and drama is.
Drama:
A scene of vulgarity, obscenity, and unkindness towards others usually prompted by an argument which could otherwise be avoided with the capacity to respect others.

Discussion:
An intelligent display of two or more parties that harbor different beliefs on a subject, those involved are peaceful and respectful.

With those, we can now make a list of what NOT to do at any given point, luckily neither are too hard to comprehend.
• Insults. When a string of words is put together to attack another, drama ensues and idiocy conquers. It is crucial to remember how to be a decent human being when one wishes to participate in society.

• Taking offense. Taking offense, specifically when undeserving, can lead to what makes a discussion deteriorate into utter chaos. It is important to decipher between criticism and insult.

Insult
An insult is meant to hurt someone, and belittle them to the point of no longer being there. Insults do NOT benefit anyone, and only worsen those around the attacker.

Criticism
Criticism is meant to better something, whether it be a person, thing, or idea; it is a basis to build upon and has the ability to better those who welcome it.

As seen many times on these forums as well as in other places, the differences between drama and discussion, criticism and insult, elude many. Onlookers, however, always have the upperhand in perceiving such a seperation simply due to the shift in perspective. When those spectators choose to speak of what they see, ignorance takes hold of those engulfed in the drama and deny any hope for redemption. Your job is to prevent any of these situations from happening, and therefore improving the environment you are in. If the majority can create a greater place, a better place will soon follow suit.

You are on point, in my opinion. For those who don't understand what the phrase " On Point" means... CLICK HERE: http://bfy.tw/4Q6M

Vege
02-24-2016, 05:42 AM
This could be stickied.

|ThyLuigi|
03-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Bumping this.

Tonsy
03-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Drama:

Discussion:

Insult

Criticism

If only every person read this guide... 5 times... out loud...