PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here actually experienced lucid dreaming?

DumbOldDoor
02-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Title.

What was it like, how did you achieve it?

Has anyone maybe experienced sleep paralysis? I've only read about it myself, seems pretty freaky...

Krustler
02-25-2016, 12:16 PM
What's that ? Is that some sort of Deja Vu ?

xlightswitch
02-25-2016, 12:17 PM
If you can ask, you can Google it.

Lucid dreaming is a phenomenon where the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming.

ZeroRarity
02-25-2016, 12:18 PM
I experienced sleep paralysis. Quite often once I learned about how to trigger it. I always undergo sleep paralysis when I want to try lucid dreaming because I always freak out and fail to control my dream.

Sleep paralysis is scary because you're pretty much dreaming about horrific things with you seeing it like it's real. You being unable to move your body even makes it worse. If ever you experience sleep paralysis, just do your best to wake up by forcing your "sleeping" body to move.

xlightswitch
I experienced sleep paralysis. Quite often once I learned about how to trigger it. I always undergo sleep paralysis when I want to try lucid dreaming because I always freak out and fail to control my dream.

Sleep paralysis is scary because you're pretty much dreaming about horrific things with you seeing it like it's real. You being unable to move your body even makes it worse. If ever you experience sleep paralysis, just do your best to wake up by forcing your "sleeping" body to move.
You can try to wiggle your toes or fingers to wake up from sleep paralysis. You can also move your eyes by blinking and looking around the room or you can try to move your lips and facial muscles.

PrinceJaron
It's possible that you already did Lucid Dreaming atleast once in your life.

I get this situation where in while I'm dreaming, I think of this and it suddenly happens in my dream. Maybe something like that already happened to you? I think that's lucid dreaming. Not sure though.

Krustler
02-25-2016, 12:19 PM
If I may ask, ugh. Is it like when you don't want to have a dream. If it is, then I have, once.

xlightswitch
02-25-2016, 12:21 PM
If I may ask, ugh. Is it like when you don't want to have a dream. If it is, then I have, once.

If you can ask, you can Google it.

Lucid dreaming is a phenomenon where the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming.
read what i said

JerBoy
02-25-2016, 12:22 PM
I've had it once (or a few times) and it was REALLY scary... I couldn't move for like 2-3 seconds and my heart was beating rapidly, I was breathing really fast too. I guess it just because I watched some horror before bed or my imagination is getting stronger...

ZeroRarity
02-25-2016, 12:28 PM
You can try to wiggle your toes or fingers to wake up from sleep paralysis. You can also move your eyes by blinking and looking around the room or you can try to move your lips and facial muscles.

Yeah. Those are tricks to quickly get out of sleep paralysis. The feeling is really horrible. My recent sleep paralysis was more weird than scary though.

SpeedFreakz
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
I achieved lucid dream...

I tried to fly in my dream but sad I used mechanical flying device...

Coinman32
02-25-2016, 01:14 PM

No, im afraid its some sort of Deja Moo.

Ive had about 3, all from realizing it was a dream and then trying to control it. THEY. ARE. EPIC. By the third one I had mastered flying teleporting and some other stuff. shh

Punch
02-25-2016, 01:20 PM
I got one before, it was weird, like really weird.

BoredSozes
02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
I keep reading about it on the net but i have noooooo idea if it's true or how to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, im afraid its some sort of Deja Moo.

Ive had about 3, all from realizing it was a dream and then trying to control it. THEY. ARE. EPIC. By the third one I had mastered flying teleporting and some other stuff. shh

Hehe i saw what you did there toooo.

ElectroDream
02-25-2016, 01:50 PM
I tried but I just can't seem to do it. No, never in my life.

Sometimes I have ever sleepwalked though. Slept in my dad's room, woke in my room. No one brought (I mean, pick me up or whatever) me to my room because no one could. :cool:

Pacific
02-25-2016, 01:52 PM
I had a lot. I'll mention one that i remembered clearly
when I was in a house then something happened(not gonna tell sry :sweatdrop:) then I realized it's too good to be true, so I tried to control it and I kinda controlled it somehow but ended up loosing the dream :(( and waking up.

NUBBERZ
02-25-2016, 01:57 PM
I think I only had it once. And I was only able to do slight telekinesis...

I also had sleep paralysis once. Very unpleasant...
Oh, the horror of seeing a blurry you screaming and laying beside you...

yoyododo3
02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
I have only experience dreaming once my whole life
(It was when i reach puberty)

peck
02-25-2016, 03:12 PM
With no idea how or why I had it quite a few times in early teen years. I don't think there's any particular way to trigger it. There are forums for lucid dreaming but they are complete magical bs

GT_PIJUS
02-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Sleep paralysis once.

That was weirdddd

Lucid dreaming once as well.

Lel.

IcyTurtle
02-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Had a bunch of lucid dreams. I know cause its
a) unrealistic or b) weird

There's 2 lucid dreams that I dream about the most (like I had around 5 nights dreaming these dreams). One was of me flying and I wasn't controlling myself well so I was hitting electric poles and wires everywhere. Another was of me running through my primary school and everything was covered with a green acid and I was just jumping around and basically doing nothing.

Funny how I'm aware that I'm dreaming but I don't ever think of doing something new.

Hippohello2
02-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Title.

Has anyone maybe experienced sleep paralysis? I've only read about it myself, seems pretty freaky...
It always happens to me when i have nightmares. I can't open my eyes, I am fully aware its a dream, but it feels so real... I usually have full control, but when i have nightmares, its a large battle over power.

capnkrunch
02-25-2016, 11:24 PM
I rarely have dreams, I just sleep for 8-10 hours straight and feel like I've been blacked out for only a few minutes.

ScptrX
02-25-2016, 11:37 PM
Title.

only like 1 or 2 times.

smartsmile
02-26-2016, 12:06 AM
I think i have lucid dreamed once, I was in the midle of my school parking lot, then it was over rip.

SnowyFox1000
02-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Whenever I lucid dream, I have very perverted dreams, lol jk..:rolleyes:

Tohru
02-26-2016, 12:12 AM
Well, that day I was in a bad mood and I was thinking of creative stuff,

And then BOOM! I saw these monsters in my dreams coming at me, ready to eat me but then I was like, no, this isn't real. That was the first time. I woke up like the kid n00b I was.

The second time, I just stayed in my dream and controlled what went on. It was pretty cool; I walked around and did some cool stuff like jump out of a plane and such. When you get the feeling that you realize that the dream isn't real, then it will help.

But sometimes I don't have dreams, which is most of the time, and I barely sleep other times.

Sk8ter
02-26-2016, 02:09 AM
I used to be really into that shiz and experienced about 11 lucid dreams -- not counting the ones I woke up right away from -- so yeah I've experienced lucid dreaming. I've never had sleep paralysis tho.

I used the stuff you would find in the lucid dreaming tutorials on youtube. For me, some techniques worked a lot better than others. You just have to find the one that works best for you.

unconscious98
02-26-2016, 11:44 AM
I have experienced it once, but I get the feeling that the me inside the dream knew that I was dreaming but the real me doesn't actually know that I was dreaming. Weird.

Romai Mori
02-26-2016, 11:51 AM
I had a lucid dream about getting tied on a chair while watching people destroy twinkies :cry: I suddenly controlled my dream and basically explode their heads. It was fun now.

Lionex01
02-26-2016, 11:53 AM
I had a lucid dream about getting tied on a chair while watching people destroy twinkies :cry: I suddenly controlled my dream and basically explode their heads. It was fun now.

Exploding heads for twinkies, totally worth it.

xelainezz
02-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Yea, experienced a lucid dream before, knew it was a dream and woke up.

gillian31
02-26-2016, 11:58 AM
I had one once when I was at the age of 10.

Ihady
02-26-2016, 12:12 PM
It comes from lack of sleeping,or you're not sleeping well

GummiBear64
02-26-2016, 01:01 PM
No because when I sleep, I enjoy it.

DynPlaysGT
02-26-2016, 01:13 PM
I think I managed it for a short while, best 5 seconds of my life lol.

As for sleep paralysis, I think once (not when lucid dreaming though).