PDA

View Full Version : Yo, teach me how to draw.

REGISORD
02-27-2016, 02:53 AM
I suck at drawing, can people give me tips on how to draw? I probably won't draw like Leonardo Da Vinci overnight, but I hope I will be able to make something that doesn't resemble a flattened stick person (exaggerating when I said that, even I'm not THAT bad.)

Also apparently I'm back full time. I came back to Growtopia for the Valentines Event, thinking that I'm totally screwed because I didn't prepare rocks/gems but turns out they added new gold chests which spawned all over my worlds, and I got Angel Wings from one of them, sold for 30 wls and got teeny devs (mah dream wings) and spent the rest on fishing stuff which I'm really enjoying fishing. TL;DR I'm back.

SerhanYosh
02-27-2016, 03:41 AM
Try searching for videos on youtube on how to draw, I'm sure they'll be able to help you. I don't have any drawing talents, so I can't help you much :whistling:. You'll get to Da Vinci's level soon, xD.

Tempting
02-27-2016, 04:45 AM
Grid the photo you want to copy, then multiply the proportions of the squares to fit your drawing paper.

Example: 1 sq inch squares, and you end up with 4 inches by 4 inches

You want it 2 times bigger, so it becomes 8 by 8 inches.

xlightswitch
02-27-2016, 05:10 AM
1. Pick up a pencil and sharpen it.

2.Take a piece of paper and make sure that the tip of the pencil lead comes in contact with the surface of the paper.

3. Next, drag your hand in any direction, as long as the tip of the pencil lead is still in contact with the paper.

Congratulations, you can now draw! To draw something else, do step 1 and 2. On step 3, drag your hand to make out the shape of what you are attempting to draw.

voidgaming
02-27-2016, 05:11 AM
1.Keep drawing
2.Keep drawing
3.Keep drawing

seriously,don't look up "Streaming drawing" or "how to draw better"
Looking at videos won't help you that much,use references if you dunno draw an item.

Don't really need to take my advice because i not good too ;-;

rj0809
02-27-2016, 05:17 AM
You should try imitating kinds of art styles, and just draw everyday after this try comparing your art after a year you can see improvement :3

SpeedFreakz
02-27-2016, 05:19 AM
Don't worry I'm suck at drawing :^)

xlightswitch
02-27-2016, 05:19 AM
In all seriousness, this is how you draw.

You must think of what you want to draw. Studying a picture of what you want to draw is effective. If you don't have a picture, try to use your imagination. Then, draw the basic shapes and strokes. Draw lightly. Add more strokes to make the complete at least the outline of what you are drawing. For example, if you are drawing a human head, you should have drawn a circle, modified it to make it realistic (a human head is not a perfect round circle) and added the ears and curves.

After that, draw the details. Shapes and strokes. Curves, lines, whatever. Use references.

There, you're done. I'm exceptionally good at drawing but I am not great at explaining on how to draw. Sorry man.

BudderMeow
02-27-2016, 05:39 AM
Digital? Just download a base/image then use that as a reference (you can also practice using guidlines by putting them on top of the base to see which shapes go where). After a while try drawing without a base and practive shading. If on computer, try drawing on paper to practice your hand motion because drawing with a mouse is difficult.

Traditional? Make sure your drawing is small enough to fit on the paper but big enough as to make it easy to see everything. Also practice using less guidlines so it wouldn't show as much when you erase it. Make it a black and white image by rubbing pencil lead where it's dark then rub it with your fingers (make sure not to mess up the outline of your drawing).

Other types of drawings? I have no idea how to do these other drawing mediums c:

|ThyLuigi|
02-27-2016, 05:52 AM
Study contour drawing and shading, after that it's all practice.

AngelicVoice
02-27-2016, 08:40 PM
I suck at drawing, can people give me tips on how to draw? I probably won't draw like Leonardo Da Vinci overnight, but I hope I will be able to make something that doesn't resemble a flattened stick person (exaggerating when I said that, even I'm not THAT bad.)

Also apparently I'm back full time. I came back to Growtopia for the Valentines Event, thinking that I'm totally screwed because I didn't prepare rocks/gems but turns out they added new gold chests which spawned all over my worlds, and I got Angel Wings from one of them, sold for 30 wls and got teeny devs (mah dream wings) and spent the rest on fishing stuff which I'm really enjoying fishing. TL;DR I'm back.

If you Really really really really, but really want to learn drawing.

you need to read about it.

there are soooooo many ways to draw ;

#watercolor
#pencil
#graffiti
#portrait
#pencil

how i started to learn at age 11-12, i bought a book.

^^ Exactly that book i bought xD my first anime book.

you need to read about it, its easier when you have a book in real then copy it from a pc.

why? because when you read on a book you can use your imagine, and think/concentrate about it.

that is how you begin.. and you will end up like me drawing without a look of a picture, fantasyzing drawing whats on your head ; sword or wings whatever..
1year ago ;
months ago ;

This one Dragon i drawed without ONE single mistake, why?.. because of experience;

first ;

result after finished ;

Fuyuki
02-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Watch speed paints
Create your own art diary to see your improvements
Find your inspiration
Persuade yourself
Practice
:o

syrup
02-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Watch speed paints
Create your own art diary to see your improvements
Find your inspiration
Persuade yourself
Practice
:o

^^^^

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶

it takes dedication

Firesmash
02-27-2016, 09:56 PM
move the pencill in a slow motion.pictures should have thin lines :D

Josh289
02-27-2016, 10:03 PM
When it comes to learning to become better or improve at drawing there are some things you can do. Some of it though, is natural talent. You have to have a "steady hand" is what I call it. You also have to be patient, you will certainly get frustrated with some of your first attempts but make sure you stay positive. I recommend practicing and searching for some helpful tools online. Just remember, never give up.

BioTestificate
02-28-2016, 01:51 AM
Just keep drawing, no matter how terrible it is. Keep these in mind:
If you keep writing "8" on paper, hypothetically, it will turn into a snowman by itself.
If you keep writing "1" on paper, hypothetically, it will turn into a longsword by itself.
If you keep writing "T" on paper, hypothetically, it will turn into a pickaxe by itself.
If you keep writing "J" on paper, hypothetically, it will turn into a hook by itself.

If you manage to make the letters/numbers I mentioned above into objects I mentioned above, you can now draw like a professional.