PDA

View Full Version : Is this allowed?

Spotlight
02-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Yo guys,

I need to know if I'm allowed to sell art for money/steam cards/itunes or WLs/in-game items via the forums. I was not able to find any rule stating I am not allowed to do this, but I would rather not take any chances.

Oh, also, if anyone is interested and this is allowed please let me know. I may even do a few free ones.

Thanks so much!

AngelicVoice
02-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Yo guys,

I need to know if I'm allowed to sell art for money/steam cards/itunes or WLs/in-game items via the forums. I was not able to find any rule stating I am not allowed to do this, but I would rather not take any chances.

Oh, also, if anyone is interested and this is allowed please let me know. I may even do a few free ones.

Thanks so much!

Hey, what do you mean?

Spotlight
02-27-2016, 11:01 PM
Hey, what do you mean?

I want to know if I'm able to sell artwork for WLs or real world money via the forums.

Sythee
02-27-2016, 11:02 PM
I want to know if I'm able to sell artwork for WLs or real world money via the forums.

nope...:whistling:

Rockytop
02-27-2016, 11:03 PM
Pretty sure selling anything in real life for wls is illegal.

Spotlight
02-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Pretty sure selling anything for wls is illegal.

Alright, thanks man.

AdminBro
02-27-2016, 11:04 PM

^^^^^^ eh the in game rules apply to the forums sorta i guess idk :sweatdrop:

Metalwire
02-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Yo guys,

Thanks so much!
Well I'm not to familiar with the system when it comes to Selling art for actual items. I believe that as an artist you have a right to sell your art but you must confirm it with a moderator or support. In growtopia any interactions with real life currency will not be tolerated I'm sure you are aware of that, but this situation is different and I think it will be allowed, but just to be safe contact a moderator- Metalwire:wave:

bluemtndew
02-27-2016, 11:21 PM

I heard this was confirmed by the devs at some point, but that person may have been lying.

MyLegGuy
02-28-2016, 12:49 AM
Selling your art for real money is fine. (As long as you don't get murdered by copyright laws or something, I think.)
Technically, you're not supposed to sell art for world locks. But people have been doing it for ages. I think the devs are just going to let it slide unless something bad happens.