PDA

View Full Version : What makes you yourself?

Kranken
03-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Let's say that there would be a way to copy yourself 100%, all of your memories and everything from top to bottom.
What would make the ohter you, not you?
How could you say that the other one would be a fake and you the real one?
:rolleyes:

_CM
03-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Attitude ?

Spotlight
03-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Well, if you were to copy 100% of yourself, that means everything. There would be no way to tell the fake you from the real you.

Kittens
03-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Well, if you were to copy 100% of yourself, that means everything. There would be no way to tell the fake you from the real you.

both of them would say 'im the real one' at the same time due to their brains working the same

they would also follow eachother because brains work same

DynPlaysGT
03-01-2016, 10:19 PM
What makes me me; How quickly I can change from
this; :hug:
to this; :crazy:

both of them would say 'im the real one' at the same time due to their brains working the same

they would also follow eachother because brains work same

I'm quite sure that's not how it works.

Metalwire
03-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I would take a bullet for anyone I doubt that my copy would.

|ThyLuigi|
03-01-2016, 10:48 PM
You can't copy memories, but let's say they could, there would be no difference, but over time the other would become a little different.

Comment
03-01-2016, 10:49 PM
I would say if I change my personality in real life or in forums, I would be a really bad boy.

craft3d
03-01-2016, 11:12 PM
I would take a bullet for anyone I doubt that my copy would.

Even an ISIS extremist who was trying to be shot by the US Armed Forces?

Tempting
03-01-2016, 11:13 PM
I'd have a friend to play with. As for what makes me, a boy with a confusing mind that watches anime, plays games, and thinks.

Metalwire
03-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Even an ISIS extremist who was trying to be shot by the US Armed Forces?
Yes actually

craft3d
03-02-2016, 12:14 AM
Yes actually

So you'd let innocent soldiers die at the hands of an extremist who wants nothing more to die in vain for a belief on behalf of one religion?

Metalwire
03-02-2016, 12:20 AM
So you'd let innocent soldiers die at the hands of an extremist who wants nothing more to die in vain for a belief on behalf of one religion?
I would die for both sides,although the fight may be pointless.There is no need for violence when issues can be solved by talking it out not fighting.

Magicalfishy
03-02-2016, 12:58 AM
There is a life-force that keeps us each individually alive, souls. It's really weird to explain, but I believe our soul is what makes us different. If you were to copy a human exactly (which let's be honest probably isn't even possible), it would have no soul (life-force) keeping it alive since it is a man-man being.

abt79
03-02-2016, 01:00 AM
An enormous bunch of variables, naming one or even just a few wouldn't make me unique at all.

My defining characteristic? What is this a college/job application?

- - - Updated - - -

I would die for both sides,although the fight may be pointless.There is no need for violence when issues can be solved by talking it out not fighting.

ISIS extremists don't care, they're brainwashed. Either shoot to disable or shoot to kill in my book, unless they're unarmed and capture is an option

Metalwire
03-02-2016, 01:02 AM
An enormous bunch of variables, naming one or even just a few wouldn't make me unique at all.

My defining characteristic? What is this a college/job application?

- - - Updated - - -

ISIS extremists don't care, they're brainwashed. Either shoot to disable or shoot to kill in my book, unless they're unarmed and capture is an option
They do care they just need to learn to negotiate peacefully

Sk8ter
03-02-2016, 01:04 AM
Me: Are you gay?
Other me: No
Me: Does your momma know you're gay?
Other me: No
Me: HAAAAA SCRUT

I've been through some pretty hard times, the other me might have my memories but he doesn't have my swag. Also, he wouldn't have felt the same pain as I have. He would just remember that I was in pain. He wouldn't feel everything that I have ever felt, right? Wait, does it work that way? idek

SilversoulX
03-02-2016, 01:20 AM
I'm bad at keeping alter egos. I'm planning to wear my signature DJ mask 2 days before my school's dance and act like a kid, you know, like Tobi from Naruto.

MyLegGuy
03-02-2016, 01:26 AM
It would be impossible to prove which one of you is the fake one because you said that all of you is copied. Including what makes you you.

abt79
03-02-2016, 01:38 AM
They do care they just need to learn to negotiate peacefully
They're brainwashed to hate you, to an extent one must be willing to learn before one can learn and they'll shoot you rather than listen to you.

Metalwire
03-02-2016, 02:10 AM
They're brainwashed to hate you, to an extent one must be willing to learn before one can learn and they'll shoot you rather than listen to you.
They cannot shoot if they do not listen. We must have patience something yet great nations haven't achieved

|ThyLuigi|
03-02-2016, 02:32 AM
They cannot shoot if they do not listen. We must have patience something yet great nations haven't achieved
> "Hey you, I have a peace offering"
> Beheads a bystander
> "Please listen!"
> Shoots down a crowd

Seems worth it