PDA

View Full Version : [Rant] Been wanting to get this off my chest..

PolarisHD
03-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Note: Please read the whole post. Don't just skim through the thread as the stuff I say can be easily misunderstood.

I've been really wanting to post this thread for a long time now. It's just that I never had the time to think about the things I should say. I actually once wrote a draft a few months back, but I ended up deleting it since I thought it wasn't worth it. Anyway, let's get to the main topic.

The thing I'd like to talk about are those people that post something like "anime sucks" on a thread about anime. I've been ignoring these people all this time and it just came to the point where I just had enough of it, I guess.

I think that those people are just a bunch of attention seekers. I personally dislike electronic music, but you don't see me posting "dubstep sucks" on threads about electronic music. That's because I know that my opinion isn't needed.

Yes, some of them are trolls and I just want to say that if you enjoy upsetting people on the internet, I'm sorry but please get a life.

It's pathetic how some of them will say "Ha! You took the bait!" as an excuse if you ever reply to them. It's similar to how pranksters say "It's just a prank bro" after doing a stupid prank. It isn't a bait. The truth is, that's what they really think and that's what makes it pathetic.

I find it funny that if someone defends anime, they instantly get called "weeaboo". I'm sorry for not knowing that I can't defend something I like.

Now don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to state your opinions about anime. In fact, I'd love to get in a discussion about that, but that's another story for another time. All I'm trying to say is that there is a time and place for everything. You want to say you hate anime? Sure, go ahead. Just don't post it on a thread that's unrelated to what you're trying to say.

Feel free to leave down your thoughts below.

I somehow feel like some people are going to be disappointed with me because of this thread. Lmao

Edit: To all those other people that replied to the thread but I haven't replied back, I just wanted to let you know that I've read it and I appreciate it. I just can't think of anything to say to your post other than "thanks" and "I agree". xP

TheArctic
03-04-2016, 04:30 PM
I myself aren't a big fan of anime, but I don't hate it. I respect peoples likes. They have theirs, and I have mine. So just do you :)

DumbOldDoor
03-04-2016, 04:45 PM
ur just a butthurt weeb

anime sucks

:rolleyes:
#funny

abt79
03-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Agreed

Anyone who says CiTH isn't a "true" anime is a troll hater, and no one asked them for that opinion

ILimeGreen
03-04-2016, 04:48 PM
ur just a butthurt weeb

anime sucks

I agree with this.

PolarisHD
03-04-2016, 04:58 PM
I myself aren't a big fan of anime, but I don't hate it. I respect peoples likes. They have theirs, and I have mine. So just do you :)

Thanks. I actually don't mind if people hate anime.

ur just a butthurt weeb

anime sucks

:rolleyes:
#funny

tmw you just got rekt (https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/XTYCZ0HsY6FeHahlxyyfx-yAGffXVf6-vCrdqC90iukfWOZCpE9Y_T3xm73Q8Ldl5sjgIFzz=w344-h261-nc) great banter mate ;)

Agreed

Anyone who says CiTH isn't a "true" anime is a troll hater, and no one asked them for that opinion

Would appreciate it if you don't reply sarcastically.

I've been seeing your posts for the past few weeks and I just want to say that please stop forcing this CiTH meme to everyone. It's getting old and overused now.

AsyxS7
03-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Haters gonna hate mate. I don't mind getting myself called a sad weeb with no life, because it has no effect on me :cool:
Just ignore the haters and you're good to go!:hat:

24elijah24
03-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Agreed

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but an IQ of <75 SUCKS. 90ish-109 is good but <75?!? Back to the main topic, I like some anime but im PISSED I tell you PISSED that Tenkai Knights booted Classic Looney Toons out of 6:00 in the morning cartoons on CN. I don't hate anime but this sutuation pissed me off.

Dodo Wizard
03-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but an IQ of <75 SUCKS. 90ish-109 is good but <75?!? Back to the main topic, I like some anime but im PISSED I tell you PISSED that Tenkai Knights booted Classic Looney Toons out of 6:00 in the morning cartoons on CN. I don't hate anime but this sutuation pissed me off.

Speaking of Tenkai Knights, the concept is basically ripped from Digimon.

CodeSky
03-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Wow.

One of the best threads I have seen in a long time bro ;)

I like both anime and ele. music

Skiing
Techno
Trap
Anime
=
L1f3

holaloh
03-04-2016, 06:51 PM
thanks spooky ougi

abt79
03-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Would appreciate it if you don't reply sarcastically.

I've been seeing your posts for the past few weeks and I just want to say that please stop forcing this CiTH meme to everyone. It's getting old and overused now.

Hater troll, no one asked for your opinion.

"But I thought it necessary to post my opinion anyways"
Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I really am that stupid, posting an astoundingly low IQ has nothing to do with the text below it or mocking pretentious special snowflakes who want everyone to think they're smart. Can't believe how dumb I really am.

bjake7710
03-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Your allowed to say you like anime and we can't say that it sucks? Thats just idiotic and happens to much in life

ParkourDevil
03-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't hate anime or people who love anime. I love anime too.
Only thing i hate are those mother*rs who make this so called nightcore. It's BS.

MBG090
03-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Only thing i hate are those people who make this so called nightcore. It's stupid.

I feel you bro.

Tohru
03-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I often get called a weeaboo at school just because I love anime/attempt to draw it. It's just annoying how other people look down on what you believe and like, and it's just plain rude when people do that. Anime, IMO, is like a whole new genre to types of drawings/artists.

Anyway, people should really know the times when to say it and when to not.

If you didn't already know, the word "suck" has a bad connotation. At least try to make an attempt to tell others you respect anime. We never said that you couldn't say it sucked, but in a bit more nonoffensive manner.

This is why the Internet kinda sucks. You can't use different tones in your voice so we know people are joking, which leads to cyber bullying.

Masqueraded
03-04-2016, 08:44 PM
I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative. People have no restraint; I am not referencing those posts that debate the concept, but the ones that hate on everything as if they are the paragon human, which apparently has no hobbies? Like, divulging an opinion such as, "I do not like anime," is perfectly fine, but when it crosses into galvanizing quarrels intentionally, it becomes excessively malicious. Threads that have no purpose for debate should not have it thrust into them.

As for a topic more specific than scruples, I must say that you, Polaris, are one of the more acceptable anime fans. People see the extremes and therefore stereotype; I like anime moderately as well, but you must realize that while not in the same proximity, there are anime fans that do not ever shut up about the medium. When people say, "No, I do not watch anime," some of the aforementioned take that as an invitation to talk about it.

Tempting
03-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Your allowed to say you like anime and we can't say that it sucks? Thats just idiotic and happens to much in life

This is not what he said. He said that there is no reason to say 'anime sucks' on a thread specifically about anime. If it's on an unrelated thread, whatever, go do that.

As an anime fan myself, I agree. Saying 'anime sucks' on a thread about the topic is pretty much pointless, and sometimes it hurts the feelings of those who truly enjoy (I don't get butthurt, just annoyed). Also, people should look up the term 'weeaboo' before using it. It usually refers to someone who makes fun of or is obsessed with Japanese culture. I'm pretty sure that the people that 'enjoy' the culture aren't 'obsessed' with it. It's quite annoying when people act arrogant with false replies, so I'd suggest that you don't use the word in the first place. While on the subject, although it is a real answer, let's say that someone is asking for anime to watch. Half the replies are 'Boku No Pico'. The joke is old guys. You don't need to recommend hentai if they aren't asking.

Me and Polaris have great conversations in PMs.

PolarisHD
03-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Hater troll, no one asked for your opinion.

"But I thought it necessary to post my opinion anyways"
Exactly.

No, I'm not saying you can't state your opinion. I even encourage people posting theirs. It's just that you should say it in the right place and time. I'm not saying you should strictly stay on topic. A few remarks here and there wouldn't hurt, but if your entire post isn't related to the OP or the other posts, then I think that's a problem.

I was actually thinking of PMing you about that subject, but I just got lazy and put it in that post because I thought that I might as well do it since I'm replying to you anyway. My bad.

Now don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to state your opinions about anime. In fact, I'd love to get in a discussion about that, but that's another story for another time. All I'm trying to say is that there is a time and place for everything. You want to say you hate anime? Sure, go ahead. Just don't post it on a thread that's unrelated to what you're trying to say.

This is why I added a note at the top. You misunderstood the things I said because you didn't read the whole post.

Only thing i hate are those mother*rs who make this so called nightcore. It's BS.

You have to understand that some people like things that you don't like. You just have to respect that. But that's just me.

I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative. People have no restraint; I am not referencing those posts that debate the concept, but the ones that hate on everything as if they are the paragon human, which apparently has no hobbies? Like, divulging an opinion such as, "I do not like anime," is perfectly fine, but when it crosses into galvanizing quarrels intentionally, it becomes excessively malicious. Threads that have no purpose for debate should not have it thrust into them.

Couldn't have said it better. Though, I'd like to know what you meant by "I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative."

As for a topic more specific than scruples, I must say that you, Polaris, are one of the more acceptable anime fans. People see the extremes and therefore stereotype; I like anime moderately as well, but you must realize that while not in the same proximity, there are anime fans that do not ever shut up about the medium. When people say, "No, I do not watch anime," some of the aforementioned take that as an invitation to talk about it.

Thanks and yeah, I also dislike those people that never shut up about anime, but that can also be applied to other mediums as well.

Eviil
03-04-2016, 10:52 PM
What's anime?

MBG090
03-04-2016, 10:57 PM
What's anime?

Please tell me that this is a troll post.

Bruce Wayne
03-04-2016, 11:02 PM
I don't really "hate" anime, just some people do take it overboard with some of the references they make to it.

Most of the forums don't watch anime.

but meh.
my posts usually kill a thread.
so enjoy being on the bottom of the forums for a while.

Eviil
03-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Please tell me that this is a troll post.

Please tell me I'm not offended.

|ThyLuigi|
03-04-2016, 11:04 PM
I don't have much to say, but I suppose I especially agree about the whole "Haha you took the bait" — it makes them look idiotic and is just a interruption to whatever else is going on.

icelinkXD
03-04-2016, 11:13 PM
finally someone that likes anime me and my older bro like anime a lot im watching naruto(not shuppiden) and my bro is watching one piece really cool by the way my bro even has one piece action figures their so cool \(-u-)/\(*^*)/:sweatdrop:

REGISORD
03-04-2016, 11:19 PM
People tell me all the time "Homestuck is a sucky piece of garbage" and I just reply, "Thank you for the kind words." It just ends up confusing the heck out of them.

MBG090
03-04-2016, 11:20 PM
People tell me all the time "Homestuck is a sucky piece of garbage" and I just reply, "Thank you for the kind words." It just ends up confusing the heck out of them.

I only like Homestuck because the Megalovania origin thingy.

MyLegGuy
03-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Well said.

ElectroDream
03-04-2016, 11:23 PM
I dislike anime because... I don't know. I never really enjoyed any TV series besides South Park. c:

I won't go around and say that "ANIME SUXXX1!!1!", no worries. I also despise that kind of people, like, if you hate it then just get out of that thread. I dislike EXO and all of those k-pop, you don't see me picking up a fight with their fans. Phan too. Don't kill me, phans.

Well, now some people may hate me for liking south park... lol.

ParkourDevil
03-04-2016, 11:31 PM
You have to understand that some people like things that you don't like. You just have to respect that. But that's just me.

I understand it perfectly, but hey. What i said before was just my opinion about the situation. I let people do whatever they want and enjoy to do.

craft3d
03-04-2016, 11:33 PM
I actually felt very guilty while reading this, because I - in real life - tend to make fun of Anime for being a "weebfest" or a "show for no lives" or some other degrading term. I know now my actions are wrong and the mistakes I have made are unacceptable. I have never actually watched Anime for once in my life and the only time I've seen a snip of it is when I looked over at my classmate's iPad when he was watching it.

I don't intend on making those sorts of jokes not only on this forum but every other online chatting site, but I do intend to stop with these terms after reading what you've said. I hadn't really put much thought into how much this sort of genre, medium, or art means to the fellow viewers of Anime, and I hope anyone else who replies or even just reads this thread does the same.

You've gained my respect, good job.

Masqueraded
03-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Though, I'd like to know what you meant by "I mean, people are free to distribute their opinion wherever, even in unnecessary venues in ever more absurd context, but people need to be conservative."

Of course by which I mean — and to simplify for my verbosity truthfully is the biggest bait of all — that no one can limit freedom of speech about such a simple matter — people can hate all they want. However, this does not give the green light to do so wherever one wants. It is a matter of self-control and restraint. Like you mentioned, going to an anime thread just to say, "I hate anime!" really is uncalled for.

PolarisHD
03-04-2016, 11:55 PM
I don't really "hate" anime, just some people do take it overboard with some of the references they make to it.

Most of the forums don't watch anime.

but meh.
my posts usually kill a thread.
so enjoy being on the bottom of the forums for a while.

Can you eleborate "just some people do take it overboard with some of the references they make to it."?

That post isn't one of them. So congrats. xP

I understand it perfectly, but hey. What i said before was just my opinion about the situation. I let people do whatever they want and enjoy to do.

Oh, okay. Then there's no problem. I apologize if what I just said seemed aggressive. Just realized it now.

I actually felt very guilty while reading this, because I - in real life - tend to make fun of Anime for being a "weebfest" or a "show for no lives" or some other degrading term. I know now my actions are wrong and the mistakes I have made are unacceptable. I have never actually watched Anime for once in my life and the only time I've seen a snip of it is when I looked over at my classmate's iPad when he was watching it.

I don't intend on making those sorts of jokes not only on this forum but every other online chatting site, but I do intend to stop with these terms after reading what you've said. I hadn't really put much thought into how much this sort of genre, medium, or art means to the fellow viewers of Anime, and I hope anyone else who replies or even just reads this thread does the same.

You've gained my respect, good job.

I'm glad to hear that. ^^

Of course by which I mean — and to simplify for my verbosity truthfully is the biggest bait of all — that no one can limit freedom of speech about such a simple matter — people can hate all they want. However, this does not give the green light to do so wherever one wants. It is a matter of self-control and restraint. Like you mentioned, going to an anime thread just to say, "I hate anime!" really is uncalled for.

Okay. I understand it now. Thanks!

ParkourDevil
03-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Oh, okay. Then there's no problem. I apologize if what I just said seemed aggressive. Just realized it now.

Hey bro, there's no reason to apologize. You're a great person whatsoever, i wouldn't mind anyway XD

Rockytop
03-05-2016, 12:00 AM
I'm the one who doesn't like anime, but I wouldn't go starting drama about "Anime is the worst".

Bruce Wayne
03-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Can you eleborate "just some people do take it overboard with some of the references they make to it."?

That post isn't one of them. So congrats. xP

I'm glad to hear that. ^^

Okay. I understand it now. Thanks!

Some people make references to an anime, but some times those references are to shows that are "Google-worthy" (meaning I have no idea what the hell that is).

Also, woo. I didn't cause a mass meltdown of your thread.

Tonsy
03-05-2016, 02:57 AM

Did you even read this thread? This is why we need a :facepalm:

Megazork
03-05-2016, 03:14 AM
Shut up you weeb. Anime is for losers and Maki best girl.

But honestly P'laris, just ignore it. You're entitled to your own interests and sharing them with others. If someone trys to rustle your jimmies, forget about it.

Lain
03-05-2016, 03:32 AM
Some people have their own opinions. That's fine, because you can bash on their opinions. Some people force their opinions on you. That's fine too, because you can force your opinion on them in response and start a good fight; and when you start a good fight I can laugh at it.
btw chinese cartoons suck lol

Updated
03-05-2016, 03:33 AM
Very well said, specially the weaboo part.

REGISORD
03-05-2016, 04:25 AM
Some people have their own opinions. That's fine, because you can bash on their opinions. Some people force their opinions on you. That's fine too, because you can force your opinion on them in response and start a good fight; and when you start a good fight I can laugh at it.
btw chinese cartoons suck lol

chinese cartoons

chinese cartoons

chinese cartoons

I can't even.

Eviil
03-05-2016, 04:27 AM
What's Anime?

High five! That makes the two of us loser!

PixieKawaii
03-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Well trolls are just going to be trolls.

Well, kpop as a genre has quite alot of haters. esp towards my baby exo :(

Trolled
03-05-2016, 05:31 AM
I watch anime and do typically anything that I want. Trollers exist long before we are even alive.
When people say its just a prank bro, I feel really angry and pissed.

Like really, you only say sorry after you finish offending me and that sucks a lot. Well, even though my name is trolled but that doesn't mean I like to troll or something like that. It's really hurting.
And those haters, don't just say something sucks or whatever so loudly.
You can hate it but just keep it to yourself you know... Don't wanna hurt anyone...

IC Growtopia
03-05-2016, 06:17 AM
I also watch gay horses mount on top of each other in my back yard.

they brown haired or white haired?

Joshcat
03-05-2016, 06:17 AM
I also watch gay horses mount on top of each other in my back yard.

there comes a time in life where you just have to take it up a notch.

PolarisHD
03-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Shut up you weeb. Anime is for losers and Maki best girl.

But honestly P'laris, just ignore it. You're entitled to your own interests and sharing them with others. If someone trys to rustle your jimmies, forget about it.

You mean Hanayo, right?

Yeah, that's what I do all the time. It's just that I've been ignoring those people for a long time now and I kind of just had enough of it.

I guess you're pretty much immune to it since you've been watching anime for years. xP

they brown haired or white haired?

Beaten me to it.

Areodax
03-08-2016, 11:28 AM
>people actually go out of their way to hate anime on threads talking about it because "muh tastes" "weebs" "muh opinion"
>they think we actually care
>ACTUALLY CARE.
>ACTUALLY. CARE.

abt79
03-08-2016, 12:10 PM
>people actually go out of their way to hate anime on threads talking about it because "muh tastes" "weebs" "muh opinion"
>they think we actually care
>ACTUALLY CARE.
>ACTUALLY. CARE.

>IMNOTMADIMNOTMADIMNOTMAD!!

Areodax
03-08-2016, 12:17 PM
>IMNOTMADIMNOTMADIMNOTMAD!!

>implying

m456
03-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Anime sucks
(Nah, jk)

abt79
03-08-2016, 12:35 PM

>implying

Stay mad :rolleyes:

xlightswitch
03-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Balance.

When there is too much of one side, it either needs to be brought down or the other side needs to get even with it.

That is how I like to view things.

thegamer381
03-08-2016, 08:55 PM
See, that is why even though i dont really like or see the point of anime, i don't say stuff like OMG U N00B ANIME WATCHER OOOMMMGGG WHAT A SUCKER!!! I just keep my opinion to myself.

Star Wars
03-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Note: Please read the whole post. Don't just skim through the thread as the stuff I say can be easily misunderstood.

I've been really wanting to post this thread for a long time now. It's just that I never had the time to think about the things I should say. I actually once wrote a draft a few months back, but I ended up deleting it since I thought it wasn't worth it. Anyway, let's get to the main topic.

The thing I'd like to talk about are those people that post something like "anime sucks" on a thread about anime. I've been ignoring these people all this time and it just came to the point where I just had enough of it, I guess.

I think that those people are just a bunch of attention seekers. I personally dislike electronic music, but you don't see me posting "dubstep sucks" on threads about electronic music. That's because I know that my opinion isn't needed.

Yes, some of them are trolls and I just want to say that if you enjoy upsetting people on the internet, I'm sorry but please get a life.

It's pathetic how some of them will say "Ha! You took the bait!" as an excuse if you ever reply to them. It's similar to how pranksters say "It's just a prank bro" after doing a stupid prank. It isn't a bait. The truth is, that's what they really think and that's what makes it pathetic.

I find it funny that if someone defends anime, they instantly get called "weeaboo". I'm sorry for not knowing that I can't defend something I like.

Feel free to leave down your thoughts below.

I somehow feel like some people are going to be disappointed with me because of this thread. Lmao

Edit: To all those other people that replied to the thread but I haven't replied back, I just wanted to let you know that I've read it and I appreciate it. I just can't think of anything to say to your post other than "thanks" and "I agree". xP

We are entitled to give our own opinions, if you dont like him/her likes or dislikes just ignore them.

Mutch
03-08-2016, 09:51 PM
I LOVE ANIME! YOU'RE NOT ALONE!