PDA

View Full Version : I just got a letter from Harvard.

Spotlight
03-06-2016, 09:00 PM
So, I am a Freshman in high school and Harvard has already noticed me.
Each year they pick one person from my school to go to a STEM program in Massachusets, and they decided to pick me.
I'm honestly lost for words, I've never been so excited but so nervous in my entire life.
My grades in seventh grade were awful, and they weren't the best in eighth either. However, this year, I managed to get a 4.0 GPA with staight A's and get into nearly all honors classes next year except for English.

Just goes to show if you keep your head up and try hard, you will succeed.
Wish me luck, the program is in late June.

IC Growtopia
03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Congratulation man, that's a huge achievement.

Surgicals
03-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Good job. As I am in high-school as well, it'd be cool to visit Harvard! But sadly, I'm not into law school.

I do have a 4.4 GPA, with straight A's and I am in a few AP Classes.

Congratulations, brotha'!

Tre
03-06-2016, 09:06 PM
I don't want to be a downer but most high school students get these letters, if you actually go the website the true cost of the program is a few thousand dollars, and they just try and make you feel
like you're the smartest person in the school so that you'll actually pay. I'm not saying you're not smart and the letter may be true, but high school students should expect letters like this.

If your school program is real then congrats :) Make sure to keep your grades up haha.

Tohru
03-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Oh my god, I'm so happy for you! I would love to go to Harvard or Oxford of some sort. I don't think I have a high chance, but as of now my grades are 100+ (well, I'm in 8th grade).

Dayum man, that is awesome. I wish Harvard could notice me too. They are pretty elite, and it would be a better experience since people in my advanced classes are either unfocused, rude, or uncooperative (except for my best friends).

I hope I get it next year to join you, m8. Which I don't think I will.

EDIT: Not interested in law? I don't believe Harvard is only for law...however, I wouldn't know.

Christopher
03-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Congrats on getting a letter from Harvard. Please continue to slay everyone sophomore year.

I don't know what my GPA is lol. Teachers don't update grades online :cry: last time I checked I had a 3.666666666666666666666666666666466666666 GPA, I don't know how though, I'm dumb as :poop: that was last month ._.

Playerdereclaim
03-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Each year they pick one person from my school to go to a STEM program in Massachusets, and they decided to pick me.
I'm honestly lost for words, I've never been so excited but so nervous in my entire life.
My grades in seventh grade were awful, and they weren't the best in eighth either. However, this year, I managed to get a 4.0 GPA with staight A's and get into nearly all honors classes next year except for English.

Congrats!! Are you accepting?

Spotlight
03-06-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't want to be a downer but most high school students get these letters, if you actually go the website the true cost of the program is a few thousand dollars, and they just try and make you feel
like you're the smartest person in the school so that you'll actually pay. I'm not saying you're not smart and the letter may be true, but high school students should expect letters like this.

If your school program is real then congrats :) Make sure to keep your grades up haha.

It costs about $1.4k for the three days, which my parents are more than willing to pay.
Also, only one student gets this letter each year from my school.
Thanks for the kind words man, and thanks to everyone else for the kind words.

Aunos
03-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Wew. I don't even know what the hazard is and stuff but congrats!

Must be a really big achievement for ya ;)

thegamer381
03-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Wew. I don't even know what the hazard is and stuff but congrats!

Must be a really big achievement for ya ;)

Harvard is a university...

Now, im going to go and find a nice quiet place to think of HOW YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT. It is the most famous university!!!

IC Growtopia
03-06-2016, 11:50 PM

Now, im going to go and find a nice quiet place to think of HOW YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT. It is the most famous university!!!

Well I mean, there's Oxford, there's Stanford..

Aunos
03-06-2016, 11:53 PM

This must be in the U.S. Or stuff.

I live in the Phil.

Surgicals
03-06-2016, 11:54 PM
This must be in the U.S. Or stuff.

I live in the Phil.

I'm from the Philippines, but I moved to the US. Oh, well..

Christopher
03-07-2016, 12:01 AM
I need a confirmation that you will continue to slay.

Eximius
03-07-2016, 01:51 AM

That's incredible, you should be extremely proud. For sure, stick with the STEM field, especially with the demand of people who can understand how to world works and the continuous rise of computer sciences - the world needs to people like you to be trained as such.

Bruce Wayne
03-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Oh my god, I'm so happy for you! I would love to go to Harvard or Oxford of some sort. I don't think I have a high chance, but as of now my grades are 100+ (well, I'm in 8th grade).

Dayum man, that is awesome. I wish Harvard could notice me too. They are pretty elite, and it would be a better experience since people in my advanced classes are either unfocused, rude, or uncooperative (except for my best friends).

I hope I get it next year to join you, m8. Which I don't think I will.

EDIT: Not interested in law? I don't believe Harvard is only for law...however, I wouldn't know.

They have other stuff than law.

Here's a list: http://www.harvard.edu/schools

raqk
03-07-2016, 01:58 AM
I have a 2.98 GPA and. Try decently hard. :/
A 4.0 is amazing, congratulations.

Phyric
03-07-2016, 02:02 AM
No offense but this isn't that big of an accomplishment. I've gotten multiple letters from many ivy league universities but that doesn't mean they will accept me to their school. They are just trying to rip money off of you by making you feel special with a letter to a summer camp program. Everyone gets them if you've taken any test from college board.

Spotlight
03-07-2016, 07:53 AM
No offense but this isn't that big of an accomplishment. I've gotten multiple letters from many ivy league universities but that doesn't mean they will accept me to their school. They are just trying to rip money off of you by making you feel special with a letter to a summer camp program. Everyone gets them if you've taken any test from college board.

It would benefit you to read the whole thread before posting. As i mentioned previously, only one student in the entire school gets this each year.

Tohru
03-07-2016, 11:31 AM
They have other stuff than law.

Here's a list: http://www.harvard.edu/schools

Thanks, so happy there's one for engineering!

Arcyus
03-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Dang... Harvard... @-@

ImAPogo
03-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Woooooooooo

2.71 GPA

:crazy:

Mijuki04
03-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Harvard is a big school. Congratulations!
Sorry for asking but are you gonna represent your current school or no?

Lionex01
03-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Congratulations man! I'll see you there maybe? ^^

Updated
03-07-2016, 12:52 PM
I love you, Spotlight.

You just boosted my already inspired mind

Boomer
03-07-2016, 02:46 PM
As long as it isn't embryonic STEM cell research, congrats.

Tempting
03-07-2016, 08:41 PM
For those who don't know what Harvard is, it's basically one of the most prestigious learning facilities in the world, where the 'smartest' people learn. Getting in is probably one of the best academic achievements you could get in your school life. Good luck mate.

Simplify_
03-08-2016, 04:08 AM
I need a confirmation that you will continue to slay.

He didn't respond lol, looks like he would prefer to be slayed :hat: