PDA

View Full Version : Do your mind have a fan-fic, but you don't want to blurt it out?

GrateNPowder
03-13-2016, 07:35 AM
All my addictions have combined into my mind's BIGGEST fan-fic, but I don't want to blurt out.
Do you have that same thing as me?
BONUS: What are my previous addictions?

Areodax
03-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Fanfics are not really noticed much anymore unless it's someone who's famous for making them.

Otherwise, forumers nowadays don't have much interest in literature.

KKcupcake
03-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Fanfics are not really noticed much anymore unless it's someone who's famous for making them.

probably because a good portion of fanfiction here is amateurish and honestly, quite bad

ImAPogo
03-13-2016, 10:50 AM

Im not famous but people like my fanfic :whistling:

Prolly
03-14-2016, 03:07 AM

I live in the Fan Creations subforum.

SageDeoxys
03-14-2016, 04:09 AM

*cough* 8-10 year olds *cough*

KKcupcake
03-14-2016, 04:43 AM

80% of "fan fics" are literally just
XYZ: BLAH BLAH BLAH
ABC : BLAH BLAH BLAH
JKL POPS UP : BLAH BLAH BLAH
JKL, ABC, XYZ : BLAH BLAH BLAH
they all lived happily ever after

Prolly
03-14-2016, 04:44 AM

Those are ships, lmao.

KKcupcake
03-14-2016, 04:48 AM
Those are ships, lmao.

it's still classified as "fan fiction"
although, it's basically people talking to each other, no usage of any literary devices except dialogue.
ships are not a kind of "fanfic".
some, okay, i lied, most of the fanfics are honestly so cringey

Prolly
03-14-2016, 04:58 AM
it's still classified as "fan fiction"
although, it's basically people talking to each other, no usage of any literary devices except dialogue.
ships are not a kind of "fanfic".
some, okay, i lied, most of the fanfics are honestly so cringey

Mhm, you contradicted yourself.

KKcupcake
03-14-2016, 05:03 AM
Mhm, you contradicted yourself.

wow you don't get it do you.
i said they were classified as a fan fic, but they aren't actual fanfics.
how hard is it to get that through?

GrateNPowder
03-14-2016, 06:19 AM
Threae is closing due to you guys not understanding what I said!
You have a few hours left to leave the thread so GO OUT NOW!!!

SageDeoxys
03-14-2016, 06:38 AM
wow you don't get it do you.
i said they were classified as a fan fic, but they aren't actual fanfics.
how hard is it to get that through?

"when someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, tv show, movie, etc, and create their own story based on it."
- UrbanDictonary
Ships are most definitely fan fictions, you like it or not.

Maj3sticturd
03-14-2016, 06:42 AM
Fan fics, no offense, are the worst. They're just really massive, too big too read, and are just completely random

SageDeoxys
03-14-2016, 06:52 AM
Fan fics, no offense, are the worst. They're just really massive, too big too read, and are just completely random

That's not always the case. I've written short 3 page stories before. Now I am working on a 20 page story. Given, they have a lot if randomness, but that's the point of fan fictions.

KKcupcake
03-14-2016, 06:55 AM
"when someone takes either the story or characters (or both) of a certain piece of work, whether it be a novel, tv show, movie, etc, and create their own story based on it."
- UrbanDictonary
Ships are most definitely fan fictions, you like it or not.

fair point.
i find rtsoft ship fics kind of creepy bc most people here don't even know each other in real life, and now, BOOM, they are in a romantic relationship in this story :0

- - - Updated - - -

o boy wait till you see escapade by dolcepiccante
((well written though, its in the process of publication))

SageDeoxys
03-14-2016, 07:01 AM
fair point.
i find rtsoft ship fics kind of creepy bc most people here don't even know each other in real life, and now, BOOM, they are in a romantic relationship in this story :0

- - - Updated - - -

o boy wait till you see escapade by dolcepiccante
((well written though, its in the process of publication))

Yes, but when people write fan fictions about characters from a series, they don't know them except for whatever info or development the character has. Here, you can know these people on a more personal level.

KKcupcake
03-14-2016, 07:15 AM
Yes, but when people write fan fictions about characters from a series, they don't know them except for whatever info or development the character has. Here, you can know these people on a more personal level.

yes about the personal thing, you can write more truthful things about someone instead of making false facts up bc you do not have much to work with on a fictional character.
wouldn't you find it creepy if you found out that you were being shipped and written about with someone you don't even know?

SageDeoxys
03-14-2016, 07:32 AM
yes about the personal thing, you can write more truthful things about someone instead of making false facts up bc you do not have much to work with on a fictional character.
wouldn't you find it creepy if you found out that you were being shipped and written about with someone you don't even know?

Not really. It's happened to me 4-5 times by now.

SpeedFreakz
03-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Fan-fics sucks....

Better to read a story book (not for kids, DUH)...

GummiBear64
03-14-2016, 01:12 PM

I cannot help but concur with this statement. I find no enjoyment in fan-fictions from this forum as they lack the imagery required to fully enjoy a story. The stories written do not depict the scenery in any sense, excluding "She walked over to the chair," which, in itself, is fairly low quality descriptive text that hasn't the ability to create very vivid imagery of what is occurring.
The language in which it is written is also fairly terrible. They usually only consist of internet vernacular, per se, such as things like "omg lol. ttyl. thx bb." If I am to read a story, I want to actually understand what is going on and not feel as if I'm supposed to understand all these acronyms that the author has most probably made up on the spot.

TL;DR The imagery, or lack thereof and the internet vernacular has deterred me from reading any fan-fictions on this website.
But that's just my 2¢.

dancanban
03-14-2016, 01:21 PM
A fan-fiction is a story written by a fan right? So if there are STORIES ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE KISSING AND ALL DAT, which contain BARELY ANY GROWTOPIA-RELATED CONTENT, WHY ON EARTH ARE THEY IN THE FAN CREATIONS SUBFORUM, EH? srry for caps, shipping fanfics are not fanfics, since when was a ship-writer a fan of the people in their stories? they belong here, likeit or not

Boomer
03-14-2016, 01:24 PM

Read mine. They're rare but good.

iCro
03-14-2016, 01:25 PM
I have a fanfic in mind, it's just I need a forum ship

abt79
03-14-2016, 06:38 PM

Fanfics
"Literature"

JOSHIE63
03-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Fan-fics honestly make me cringe. Even my own dragging story makes me cringe into a ball. The effort I put into my actual daily writing tops whatever the RTSoft Forums has to offer tenfold — being generous — if there is anything to start. Fan-fics — and while most are not meant to be taken seriously, so many truthfully are — lack plot as well as any sentence structure at all; if one is not taking it too seriously, I see no problem, but there are people who think they are the next Charles Dickens with this stuff.

Areodax
03-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Threae is closing due to you guys not understanding what I said!
You have a few hours left to leave the thread so GO OUT NOW!!!

OP is mad lmao.

Areodax
03-14-2016, 09:59 PM
Fanfics
"Literature"

I believe this is where I stop before this turns into a flame war. Though kids nowadays prefer to go on the internet and be plagued by memes than reading books.

Fan-fics honestly make me cringe. Even my own dragging story makes me cringe into a ball. The effort I put into my actual daily writing tops whatever the RTSoft Forums has to offer tenfold — being generous — if there is anything to start. Fan-fics — and while most are not meant to be taken seriously, so many truthfully are — lack plot as well as any sentence structure at all; if one is not taking it too seriously, I see no problem, but there are people who think they are the next Charles Dickens with this stuff.

I even cringe at mine sometimes when I go to the old archives section. I'm not too good with english, so that's why I feel that my fanfics are kinda messy.

abt79
03-15-2016, 01:39 AM

I believe this is where I stop before this turns into a flame war. Though kids nowadays prefer to go on the internet and be plagued by memes than reading books.

Fanfics
"Books"
"I'm literate, everyone else isn't as special as me"

SageDeoxys
03-15-2016, 01:43 AM
Fanfics
"Books"

They're better writing than most kids' grammar nowadays.
Oh, who am I kidding, most fan fiction writers nowadays have hideous grammar that I just can not read without wanting to pull my hair out.

abt79
03-15-2016, 01:44 AM
Oh, who am I kidding, most fan fiction writers nowadays have hideous grammar that I just can not read without wanting to pull my hair out.

^This

"Cahtper TOwp"

SageDeoxys
03-15-2016, 01:47 AM
^This

"Cahtper TOwp"

Also forgot to mention the weird wording. It hurts my eyes, man. I mean, I at least try to make my fan fictions look decent (grammar and wording wise, plot is a whole other story).

Megazork
03-15-2016, 01:48 AM
^This

"Cahtper TOwp"

Never fear! I'll bring light into this forum using a ship between a guitar and chair. It'll be a fan-fiction of utmost prose, plot, and writing. No overused tropes, the story will get your ovaries racing. I promise, you won't regret it.

SageDeoxys
03-15-2016, 01:51 AM
Never fear! I'll bring light into this forum using a ship between a guitar and chair. It'll be a fan-fiction of utmost prose, plot, and writing. No overused tropes, the story will get your ovaries racing. I promise, you won't regret it.

I doubt it will beat that one Equine X Chair (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?89254-FanFic-Equine-X-Chair-lt-33333) fan fiction.

JOSHIE63
03-15-2016, 02:01 AM

Oh, please do! I want some of your proverbial milk to nourish my soul (in literature, what else?).

I doubt it will beat that one Equine X Chair (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?89254-FanFic-Equine-X-Chair-lt-33333) fan fiction.

Damn…the memories. Megazork single-handedly revived that whole sub-forum.

Also, just noticed your siggy. ;)

SageDeoxys
03-15-2016, 02:07 AM
Oh, please do! I want some of your proverbial milk to nourish my soul (in literature, what else?).

Damn…the memories. Megazork single-handedly revived that whole sub-forum.

Also, just noticed your siggy. ;)

I suppose you know what fan fiction I'm writing now, then.

abt79
03-15-2016, 02:10 AM

This forums? You mean another forum, surely....isn't there a dedicated subforum for that?

Also implying that I have ovaries

KKcupcake
03-15-2016, 03:08 AM
Fanfics
"Books"

there are such things as fanfiction turned into books but that will never happen here.

Areodax
03-15-2016, 11:14 AM

Un problem!

I don't have ovaries.

abt79
03-15-2016, 11:17 AM
there are such things as fanfiction turned into books but that will never happen here.

50 seeds of Gray block

IC Growtopia
03-15-2016, 10:48 PM

*cough* I actually agree with this even though I'm in this age range*cough*

- - - Updated - - -

*cough* I don't agree with this one *cough* *cough* Oh wait, this is the internet opinions aren't a thing*cough*

Updated
03-16-2016, 04:05 AM
i dont like it without comedy
to me, fanfics without comedy is a boring tale