PDA

View Full Version : Why do Moderators rarely post?

Christopher
03-18-2016, 03:54 AM
After people become mods, they suddenly stop posting. What's the reason?

I only see Solsa and Zfert posting, just them 2.

Vege
03-18-2016, 03:56 AM
They prioritise doing their moderator jobs ingame over being active on forums.

SlickMonster
03-18-2016, 03:56 AM
They are usually busy with work or school so they don't really have time to post as much

Christopher
03-18-2016, 03:59 AM
Aimster and Mrthadawee posts too.

I just visited her profile, she rarely posts. And Mrthadawee isn't a moderator.
Even Jenuine posts more than Aimster
- - - Updated - - -

They are usually busy with work or school so they don't really have time to post as much

Then why do they want to be moderators if they know they're busy?????

ZeroRarity
03-18-2016, 04:05 AM
I think it's to prioritize their job as a moderator which is to spectate the forums and enforce the rules here. It seems they only post when they deem it necessary, and when I mean necessary I mean the stuff only mods can answer/reply. I'm just glad mrthadawee and AV8R was really active here on the forum during their moderator days tho.

But hey, at least those who are helpful here on the forum are not overshadowed by them because of that. I think that's another reason, to find people who have potential.

Christopher
03-18-2016, 04:09 AM
I think it's to prioritize their job as a moderator which is to spectate the forums and enforce the rules here. It seems they only post when they deem it necessary, and when I mean necessary I mean the stuff only mods can answer/reply. I'm just glad mrthadawee and AV8R was really active here on the forum during their moderator days tho.

But hey, at least those who are helpful here on the forum are not overshadowed by them because of that. I think that's another reason, to find people who have potential.

A forumer has never been so correct :cry: it's beautiful

mrthadawee
03-18-2016, 07:58 AM

Boom!
You got it spot on.
Forums are similar to ingame when it comes to mod attention, if they post in a thread, suddenly they get a bunch of replies and literally anything they answer they get the thumbs up and credit for even if dozens of other people answered the same thing earlier (so that's why you see mods generally post "as others have said before me").
Most of the moderating is really directed for the game, mods merely purge bad guys on the forums and may make a post or two to answer a question/stop drama.
They are the original well timed farts. Only posting when needed... Silent but deadly :^)

If more people only posted when their imput is really needed we'd have a lot more quality posts on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to bring up another point here...

Moderating is a purely voluntary job, meaning they are not required to contribute a set time and they do it for free.
They can moderate when they have time. Of course, they are encouraged to spend a bit of time moderating. But the number one rule is that mods should NEVER let Growtopia get above real life. Hence why mods are laidback, often casual people.

Mods get a lot of crap by the community for what they do, they endure through spam, hate, rumours, lies, drama, conflict and unwanted attention just to moderate. Mods really do need a passion for helping out Growtopia, if they didn't (and only wanted it for the power for example), they wouldn't last very long.

PiZaHuTt
03-18-2016, 01:55 PM
I just visited her profile, she rarely posts. And Mrthadawee isn't a moderator.
Even Jenuine posts more than Aimster
- - - Updated - - -

Mrthadawee was a moderator, I believe.

DumbOldDoor
03-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Cause once you become a mod you don't speak to the lower class duh

Christopher
03-18-2016, 09:47 PM
I have to bring up another point here...

Moderating is a purely voluntary job, meaning they are not required to contribute a set time and they do it for free.
They can moderate when they have time. Of course, they are encouraged to spend a bit of time moderating. But the number one rule is that mods should NEVER let Growtopia get above real life. Hence why mods are laidback, often casual people.

Mods get a lot of crap by the community for what they do, they endure through spam, hate, rumours, lies, drama, conflict and unwanted attention just to moderate. Mods really do need a passion for helping out Growtopia, if they didn't (and only wanted it for the power for example), they wouldn't last very long.

I don't see how this has to do with anything I said ._.

mrthadawee
03-18-2016, 10:10 PM
I don't see how this has to do with anything I said ._.

You implied something similar to 'mods are required to be active'. Or that they shouldn't be mods if they can't be very active.

If not, I threw out another point anyway :^)