PDA

View Full Version : To all Wacom Bamboo users out there, I need help!

TimidGT
03-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Gen told me to post this here so...

So I'm planning to get a new graphic tablet. I'm planning in buying Wacom Bamboo, I want to buy a cheap one because this is just a hobby and I don't want to throw my whole wallet to get something I will get rid off someday. I want to ask reviews about this, I bought easypen before because it is cheap and lead me to a big disappointment I made literally 0 artworks with it. So if you have used a bamboo can you help me with the following questions? I can't specify an exact model because I'm still looking for one.

How long did it last / How long have you been using it?
Did you encounter any problem with it?
How many artworks have you made with it?
Can you show me a sample? (If possible please specify how long did it took you to make that art and if you encounter any problems while doing it)
How's the sensitivity?
How does it feel when you use it? (Does it feel smooth when drawing or does it lag?)
What do you hate/like the most about it?
What was your worst experience using it?

Thanks for all the help.
I might ask some more questions so please pardon me.

rj0809
03-21-2016, 10:10 AM
I recommend to stick on the ipad. :crazy:
i know that bamboo is cheap. blah blah

but yeah. just use cintiq. if you're buying a wacom product. but waw expensive .-.

GEN
03-21-2016, 10:13 AM
im the first word of this thread:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::p anic:

TimidGT
03-21-2016, 11:44 PM
I recommend to stick on the ipad. :crazy:
i know that bamboo is cheap. blah blah

but yeah. just use cintiq. if you're buying a wacom product. but waw expensive .-.

Stylus on my Ipad? Maybe but I dunno lol.
Cintiq is way too expensive for someone who draws just for fun lmao? Its like 20x the price of a bamboo.

Chocolatte
03-21-2016, 11:47 PM
Everyone has a cintiq. Jump on the bandwagon!!

On a more serious note, I suggest you go research instead of asking the forums. I don't think a whole lot of us draw like that. I personally have a decent drawing tablet, but I don't feel like giving away what it is. :rolleyes:

Aquarious
03-22-2016, 12:21 AM
How long did it last / How long have you been using it?

Since mid 2014, 2 years!

Did you encounter any problem with it?

Nope. Though if you are buying a cheap one with no screen, it may be hard for you to draw at first.

How many artworks have you made with it?

Well over 50... I have an album on my profile and most are made with my tablet.

Can you show me a sample? (If possible please specify how long did it took you to make that art and if you encounter any problems while doing it)

How long it takes depends entirely on the artist.

How's the sensitivity?

It is adjustable.

How does it feel when you use it? (Does it feel smooth when drawing or does it lag?)

It's very smooth for me.

What do you hate/like the most about it?

Idk

What was your worst experience using it?

Nothing significant really other than when I had a buggy pen for a few minutes. (I just replugged it to fix it)

(Small pen tablet)

TimidGT
03-22-2016, 02:46 AM
I've seen the latest one on your album. Does it always look like that (sketchy outline) or can you "easily" make finer lines?

syrup
03-22-2016, 04:11 AM
alright buddy so you're getting a wacom, i use it personally, bary gud choice. art is a nice hobby to take up so im glad ur interested digital too

so uh yeah, just kinda mess around with the settings until you feel comfortable, like im left handed but i tried both hand adjustments and i like right handed settings more

brush sizes can vary depending on ur sensitivity and how much pressure you feel comfortable with, i hate pressing on my tablet, so i set the sensitivity a bit higher so i wont have to press as hard, some artists might like the pressure so try around and feel what you think you'll like

ive had mine for only a bit since i got it around jan, im not really that used to it since i sneak back to pen and pencil, but i feel like i've gotten better since jan, so maybe you might be an artist, but it'll take a bit to adjust to digital, especially if you dont have a display tablet (i dont *cri*) but yeah those cost some serious $$$

i hope u enjoy drawing with ur (soon to be hopefully) tablet :o

Spotlight
03-22-2016, 06:31 AM
Ive got a used Wacom Intuos 3 and I would say a Bamboo is a much better choice for beginners. I should have gotten one instead, the Intuos can be rather complicated and confusing, especially if you have never used a drawing tablet before, (not counting the IPad.)

Aquarious
03-23-2016, 12:46 AM
I've seen the latest one on your album. Does it always look like that (sketchy outline) or can you "easily" make finer lines?

That's one of my art style, buddy. Of course you can make nicer clean lines.