PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the forums

raqk
03-23-2016, 01:39 AM
I know a lot of us that hang out around the forums rather than in-game. Well, we could really use some love, too. The moderation spends the majority of their time in Growtopia, while we deal with spammy posts, evasive users, glitchy forums, and a lack of functionality. Some times entire threads with a decent amount of activity have gone unnoticed for days on end. In fact there are several broken site features that have been in the same state for at least several years now.

Some of us have made propositions in the past, most of which have been shot down, ignored, or unnoticed. Besides the big overhaul, probably the only real changes we've seen as requested by the users have been that of the Korean subforum (mostly cluttered with English speakers attempting some Korean), and when Seth added the spoiler tag.

Now what I propose is that the forums truly recieve more love. That does not mean to even more strictly enforce the rules, or to make any changes. That means to fix the glitches, recieve more attention from moderators and developers, and to maybe add more functionality.

Some changes we could make include:
- Forum exclusive moderators
- Adjust current forum rules and guidelines to be less strict
- Increase forum traffic and activity (Incentives for logging on and actively participating?).
- Reintroduce 'View site leaders'
- Enable social groups
- Allow users to report users/threads without having to message anyone

Criticism encouraged. Would be appreciated if you post any additional ideas/discussion regarding the forums, issues regarding the forums, potential solutions, and things that would be nice if added. I will try to update OP.

Forum information:

The forums are well over a decade old
Running Vbulliten version 4.2.2
Vbuelletin manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?manualversion=40202604
Vbulletin.org
Vbulletin.com

Christopher
03-23-2016, 01:46 AM
Oh the moderators are here all right, deleting threads leaving everyone puzzled and confused :mad:

Surgicals
03-23-2016, 01:48 AM
I know a lot of us that hang out around the forums rather than in-game. Well, we could really use some love, too. The moderation spends the majority of their time in Growtopia, while we deal with spammy posts, evasive users, glitchy forums, and a lack of functionality. Some times entire threads with a decent amount of activity have gone unnoticed for days on end. In fact there are several broken site features that have been in the same state for at least several years now.

Some of us have made propositions in the past, most of which have been shot down, ignored, or unnoticed. Besides the big overhaul, probably the only real changes we've seen as requested by the users have been that of the Korean subforum (mostly cluttered with English speakers attempting some Korean), and when Seth added the spoiler tag.

Now what I propose is that the forums truly recieve more love. That does not mean to even more strictly enforce the rules, or to make any changes. That means to fix the glitches, recieve more attention from moderators and developers, and to maybe add more functionality.

Some changes we could make include:
- Forum exclusive moderators
- Adjust current forum rules and guidelines to be less strict
- Increase forum traffic and activity (Incentives for logging on and actively participating?).
- Reintroduce 'View site leaders'
- Enable social groups
- Allow users to report users/threads without having to message anyone

Criticism encouraged. Would be appreciated if you post any additional ideas/discussion regarding the forums, issues regarding the forums, potential solutions, and things that would be nice if added. I will try to update OP.

Forum information:

The forums are well over a decade old
Running Vbulliten version 4.2.2
Vbuelletin manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?manualversion=40202604
Vbulletin.org
Vbulletin.com

I agree with this but sometimes the actual game needs more "moderating". The population of the actual game is much greater than the forums. And in my opinion, the forums isn't that bad of a place. We have some pretty nice people here.

raqk
03-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Oh the moderators are here all right, deleting threads leaving everyone puzzled and confused :mad:

I guess your right. In my experience though, they haven't been when they should've been. I think they probably just don't care and if anything looks the least bit suspicious they delete the thread and move on, if not they ignore it without taking a second look. Moderators have to be trained before receiving their in-game powers. Why not train them to properly use the forums?