PDA

View Full Version : Mods?

PunkZebra
03-23-2016, 05:05 PM
I see a lot of mods that are 16 or 15 and I'm really curious... is there a certain age you could be a mod? What if you're younger..?

peck
03-23-2016, 05:08 PM
They've taken an 11 year old I believe. There is no age restriction.

Josh289
03-23-2016, 05:12 PM
As far as I am aware, there is no age requirement that takes place when selecting moderators. Seth and Hamumu look at more personality traits and how responsible a person is. For example, they aren't going to choose someone who is immature and will abuse their mod abilities. Instead, they look for people who are helpful and give good knowledgeable advice to those in need. There are also plenty of mods I can think of who are older or younger than 15-16.

PiZaHuTt
03-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Zerkon was the youngest mod I believe, I think 11 or 12, yet one of our most mature moderators.

Tohru
03-23-2016, 08:48 PM
I don't think age matters. I think maturity matters to them, but that doesn't mean a 6 year old should come onto the forums and become one. Because the 6 year old also should have wisdom, and I wouldn't expect any to come out of such a young person.

Zerkon is a young person, and he is on the moderator team. He has the maturity of years long before his time, and there is much potential in other people. The reason the team is abundant in 15-16 year olds is because they have developed maturity at the reasonable age (AKA normal time when people are more mature).

I joined the forums when I was 10 or 11? and people were a bit surprised at my true age. It just goes to show you that old souls do live among us, and that maturity comes at any or all ages, and it isn't just that single thing that brings them onto it. The moderator team has to acquire special qualities, like being mature (calm, understanding, listening, etc.) and having the knowledge and kindness to perform well in the duration of their job.

To lean back on an old quote to leave you confident, "Don't judge a book by its cover." i.e., don't judge a person by their age. Age is just a number in my opinion, but it is impressive if someone extremely young does things.

Zfert
03-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Things we did NOT consider in choosing our mods (because these things are irrelevant):
* religion
* ethnicity
* political beliefs
* wealth (in game or out)
* popularity

The people we choose to invite to the intern program have had their game logs, forum posts, and email history thoroughly investigated multiple times. Despite what other players may say about them, they have passed a series of rigorous tests and searches. This doesn't mean these people are perfect - nobody is - but it does mean that they have convinced us through their behavior that we should trust them with something that is very, very important to us. That should tell you everything you need to know.

ambiguster
03-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Even there's no Age restrictions,

Theres no way a Immature Player (maybe someone like boonearth :rolleyes:)

Could be Hired as a mod. That would be chaos :panic:

PiZaHuTt
03-23-2016, 10:46 PM
Age can be varied. I believe Aimster (or Jenuine, I can't remember) have children, while (like I said) Zerkon is barely going to become a teenager

PunkZebra
03-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Thank you to everyone that replied! :)

Metalwire
03-25-2016, 10:57 PM
I see a lot of mods that are 16 or 15 and I'm really curious... is there a certain age you could be a mod? What if you're younger..?
Their is no age requirement to be a moderator,but you must be able to handle the responsibility as well as the job of enforcing the rules.

Playerdereclaim
03-25-2016, 11:04 PM
Zerkon was the youngest mod I believe, I think 11 or 12, yet one of our most mature moderators.

"Mature" Horribly biased...

PiZaHuTt
03-25-2016, 11:09 PM
"Mature" Horribly biased...

He did his job well and never abused his powers.

IcyElectrons
03-25-2016, 11:37 PM

They're all quite mature.

Masqueraded
03-26-2016, 01:11 AM

You are misguided. In playerde's case, it was unjustifiable.

Happymeep
03-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Moderators are not chosen by age, but by maturity, as many before have already stated. They also do in fact consider the ages as well though.

Playerdereclaim
03-27-2016, 07:59 PM

Oh sure banning someone and calling them an idiot as a reason for a ban is not an abuse of power.

PiZaHuTt
03-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Oh sure banning someone and calling them an idiot as a reason for a ban is not an abuse of power.

btw, you wan't your account to be the most vosited banned account. I dun think that's gonna happen.

D0sh
03-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Age doesn't matter, if you're just mature and nice you can be chosen, but it's rare they choose people under high school since they have more experience than the 12 year olds.:panic:

Playerdereclaim
03-27-2016, 08:42 PM
btw, you wan't your account to be the most vosited banned account. I dun think that's gonna happen.

Relly??? U sure whats the current record 2k? I wanna prove u wrong

Areodax
03-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Relly??? U sure whats the current record 2k? I wanna prove u wrong

Probably because no one would give a crap.

Anyways, here's my homeboy who is banned btw.

Playerdereclaim
03-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Probably because no one would give a crap.

Anyways, here's my homeboy who is banned btw.

More den him :p